“Staying again in april 2014.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Staying again in april 2014.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Don't pay attention to any negative reviews on this hotel. Its a great hotel in a prime location close to the express buses that take you to the port authority. Clean, easy access and for the price its pretty upscale. If you plan on traveling to NYC save some money and stay in NJ at the red roof inn. Friendly staff and a nice view of the lake.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Joe W
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Joe W,

It is great to see that a person with so many reviews in so many different places rate us EXCELLENT. I am glad to hear that the housekeepers did a wonderful job cleaning your room and the staff made you feel welcomed. I see that you will be joining us again in April, and we look forward to you having another memorable experience. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Visited NYC had a ball. Stayed at the Red Roof inn in Secaucus,NJ. Had a blast on my trip everyone there was really nice. Housekeepers were attentive front desk was great, especially I believe her name was Ashanti, gave us directions to restaurants and easy access to bus or train. Rooms were nice and clean, If we needed something just had to front desk and ask.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the top floor, less noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jess r
Jess R,

Thank you for taking the time to right a response about our property. It is wonderful to hear that the housekeepers and front desk both made you feel comfortable and welcome. The staff here always try to be accommodating to all of our guests. I hope you enjoyed our renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before and will probably never opt for it again. It was not a bad experience, just an average one. The staff at the front desk was rather cranky and not very helpful. It did not help that a large group had come in right before us and we had to wait a long time as there was only one person at the front desk. The room itself was in good condition - recently renovated probably. Four people, 2 queen beds, but it was ok. I was not pleased with the upkeep - I don't know that they even changed the towels daily. On the second day we came back after sightseeing in New York City, and could not get in. Had to go to the front desk - our key was de-activated because they "thought" we would check out that day.. Had to find a place for breakfast too, as that was not offered. The worst was that we had to walk a long way to the bus stop (unless you take the bus before 8 and then you can use the bus stop behind the hotel). Of course, the "friendly" staff did not inform us that the bus does not stop here on the weekends! We had to find out from a passer by.. I will look for something better next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel_Addict_Cyprus
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Travel_Addict_Cyprus,

I first off want to thank you for writing a review for our property. I want to apologize to you for any treatment the front desk provided to you. Here we strive to provide excellent customer service, and according to your review, we did not do that. I want to let you know that I will be speaking with the staff and sharing your review with them. As you can tell by our other reviews, we have been doing a great job at giving our guests exceptional service. It saddened me to see the comments that you left, but I appreciate the honesty because it will help us in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that was a 1 time occurrence.

thank you.
Secaucus, New Jersey
Reviewed March 2, 2014

So I had to come here because my house flooded. The staff saw my frustration and was very concerned. You don't see that very much. Places now look at you like a dollar sign. I was reading a few rebiews, and I do not understand how this place received any negative comments. They callec to make sure everything was ok and always said hello when I came down to get my morninv coffee. 1 bad side: terrible internet. If you want basic speed its ok, but I work from home and need faster. My family are coming in august and I choose RED ROOF INN!!!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the superior. Much larger and more to offer.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank johncruz1973
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
johncruz1973,

I first off want to apologize for your house being flooded. I hope all has worked out for you recently. I am happy that we were here to accommodate you. It is great to hear that the staff members did follow ups and made you feel comfortable during your stay. Internet is something that we have experienced, but are currently in the process of fixing this issue. It is great to hear that your family will be joining us in August. We will make sure they have the same amazing experience as you did.
Guttenberg nj
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay very friendly Staff especially Blanca from the front desk. I would recommend them if you need a place to stay. Thanks Red Roof see you soon.
MY daughter liked the room service we could not get enough. The room was very comfortable and clean did not have that smell that some hotels have, you know what I am talking about ! It is also smoke free .

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank eravelo79
eravelo79,

It is great to hear that you had a great stay at our property. Being pet friendly is something that Red Roof Inn truly believes in. Pets are considered as family to a lot of people, so that is why it is our pleasure to have them here with us. I am happy to hear that your daughter enjoyed her stay here with us. We hope we made everything nice and comfortable for her. Thank you for mentioning my staff member. She is very attentive to guest needs and is always there for their needs. Hope to see you in the near future.
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Christina. She was very helpful. Gave us directions and places to eat. Property looked great. They even turn on your heat before your arrival. Downside is mediocre Internet. Housekeepers were even friendly. Will definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Stefanie D,

Thank you for your great responses. Thank you for mentioning Christiana. She is a rockstar on the rise. I am happy to hear that she was there to answer your all your questions. With the type of weather we have been having, we feel that all guests should walk into a nice warm room. we apologize about the internet, this is something that we are currently working on. We hope to see you in the near future.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have stayed in this Red Roof Inn for twenty years whenever I visit New York and it actually gets better. The place is completely remodeled and is very comfortable. The room is tastefully decorated and modern and everything works. The heating was especially good (appreciated in February!) The person at the front desk (Shayla) was very helpful. The turnpike is right there when you need it. Why pay Manhattan prices when you can stay at a great place like this only minutes away from the city?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Mug1972,

I first off want to say thank you for being such a loyal guest for 20+ years. I hope that you have been enjoying the renovations that we have gone through over the years. Thank you for mentioning my front desk staff member. She truly is an asset to the company. I am glad that you are happy with the prices at our facilities and our amenities. I look forward to seeing you in the future.