“Awesome, plain and simple”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Aarhus, Denmark
“Awesome, plain and simple”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We haven't even checked out yet, but we are extremely satisfied with our stay. Shower didn't work properly But was fixed asap, all receptionists have been kind and serviceminded. There May be trucks on the road, but we usually sleep at Night, so that's no issue at all. Can't Tel all about it here, but if you're going to NYC, this is A great place to be! Good food across the street, ten min. walk to the bus to NYC downtown, so you don't have to drive there, we love it and will stay here again next time we go to New York!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yoel C, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hello Jan M, Thanks for leaving a review for the Red Roof Inn Secaucus - Meadowlands. We are so happy that you had an awesome stay. I do apologize that you experienced a problem with the shower, even though it was fixed promptly. We are fortunate to be near highways and public transportation for easy access to NYC and still be in a quiet location. My staff and I hope to see you again, should your travels bring back this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Turkish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The stay at the red roof , was one of the best experiences I have had when it comes to hotels. The customer services is outstanding. Our receptionist friendly professional at the desk i believe her name was shayla greeted us with a great smile, she was extremly polite, helpful and informitive. The room were nice and clean. I will definatly be stating there again...

The Maintance crew was very friendly very polite anything u needed they where there within a few min

assistance manger Kelly very friendly and polite that also goes for Diane very professional

The new man manger he's very professional

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear lawrence b, We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. I am delighted that you found everyone friendly and polite. I will be sure to share your great experience with the staff, especially Sheila, maintenance, Kelly and Diane. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and i have stayed here in the past. At most it was mediocre. When we checked in the clerk felisha was very polite. What was rare is the manager being there so late. (I think he said his name was Noel or Joel) upon entering the room it was set at the perfect temperature and looked well kept. We will come back in a few months more confident and positive about a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Aviator14, Thank you for sharing your experience with the Red Roof Inn Secaucus - Meadowlands. We completed a renovation just last year, resulting the great turn around you noticed. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay (and perfect temperature of the room) and that Felicia and I were there to get you settled. We look forward to seeing you again. Feel free to contact us to set up any future reservations.
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I just spent three nights at the Red Roof Meadowlands. Check in was extremely slow. Partly that was because we arrived a little on the late side (11:15pm), so we were stuck at the late-night window behind two other groups (one of which barely spoke English, so their check-in took longer than it should have). It also seemed as if the desk clerk wasn't quite efficient. Considering that we had made reservations a few weeks ago, confirmed by credit card, I would have thought the room keys would be ready and we'd just have to sign paperwork. Instead, it was as if he had no idea we were going to be showing up.

The property clearly has been refreshed somewhat, although it doesn't seem like they went quite far enough. The carpeting in the room was not very clean (I don't mean that it needed a vacuuming) as evidenced by the bottoms of my white socks. The sink did not drain properly (reported to desk clerk the night I arrived but nothing was done about it during my stay). Lighting over the bed was extremely awkward -- you really couldn't reach it unless you stood up. The bed was very comfortable, although the pillows were paper-thin.

The location (Secaucus) combined with the price made this an excellent value for visiting New York City. We were able to drive a few minutes to a park-and-ride to take the bus into Manhattan. Two in the party were seniors ($1.80 each way!) so taking the bus was extremely economical since we didn't have to pay for parking and the bus fares were only a little more than paying the toll to travel the tunnel. Add to that the relatively fast ride (buses have an exclusive lane going through the tunnel during peak travel times, so you're not stuck sitting in traffic), and it was extremely convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear CWH3, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My apologies for my late night desk staff not checking you in efficiently. I will work with them to ensure they are just as efficient and prepared for your arrival as the day and evening staff. I am glad to hear that you find our location convenient and economical. I invite you to message or call me regarding your stay. I would like more information about the room so that I can ensure the items noted are addressed. We hope to see you again.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The stay at the red roof , was one of the best experiences I have had when it comes to hotels. The customer services is outstanding. Our receptionist I believe her name was shayla greeted us with a great smile, she was extremly polite, helpful and informitive. The room were nice and clean. I will definatly be stating there again and would recomend the hotel to all my friends .

• Stayed August 2013
dakiid201, Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay. It is wonderful to know that you had a great stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Sheila, which I am sure will leave her smiling even more. We appreciate you recommending us to your friends. Please let us know when you'll be returning to the area. We are happy to make those reservations for you.
Tiny, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here Aug 19 for 4 nights and were pleased with the room/price. Everything was in good shape and the beds were comfortable. We caught the bus in front of the hotel every morning by 8 and returned from Manhatten at around 9pm. One night the bus dropped us at another stop, and the walk is a little unnerving so be sure you know when the express buses run. I did a lot of research to find a decent hotel with ample parking and this delivered. We made use of the fridge and microwave as well. Front desk staff were helpful regarding buses and trains. It felt safe enough and there are a few shops across the street. ..liquor and donut shop I think although we never used them. the bus dropped at Port Authority and plenty of shops there if you need anything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LindaCathleen, Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Red Roof Inn Secaucus - Meadowlands. We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay and found the hotel in good shape. With the restaurants nearby, comfy beds, large parking lot and location to New York City, we you stay with us again should you travel back to the area. When you are happy, we are happy.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Red Roof in itself is a great hotel ran by a great company but the employees there are awesome too. More specifically, Sheila (front desk) helped me and my friends so much during out trip to New York. She took care of us like family. We had trouble getting around and finding things to do when she approached us with all types of deals, tours and such. She even personally took us into Manhattan one day. Great group of people.

• Stayed August 2013
DSingerJr, Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that Sheila was especially helpful to you and your party during your stay. She really has a knack for making people feel welcome. I'll share your wonderful comments with her and the rest of the staff. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Secaucus area.