“Great Value and location”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just stayed for 4 days I was in town for a Funeral the room was nice and location was very good all of the staff were very friendly I had a nice view of the NY Skyline and enjoyed seeing the Empire State Building lit up at night.. Only a few things our nightstand drawer was broke and a light fixture on the wall was loose we reported when we checked in to ensure we would not be charged for it. I would definetly stay here again if i am in the area I feel for the value it was a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for this review. Our hotel is conveniently located within miles from Manhattan. Public transportation is available all day and within walking distance. Thank you for letting us know about the furniture in the room, I will have this addressed immediately. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights we attending a funeral in Newark and this was close and affordable. Easy to locate room was not bad had a few minor issues nightstand was broke and light ficture was very loose on wall but overall I was pleased with my stay and all of the staff bed was comfortable I could even see the NY Skyline from my window was nicd seeing the Empire State building all lit up. I will definetly be staying again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was a free room point stay, picked this location because of the closeness to NYC the room the gave me was int the back building all the way at the end for the building were all the buses park as well as trucks. Constant noise all night long I could here all the rooms around and above me which I thought was unusual for a red roof as I have stated in others and the were pretty sound proofed. The room was nice it had be renovated but the bath room was another story the tub was left out of the Reno and the toilet kept over flowing from the top of the tank never seen that before and it had not been flushed advised front desk at check out. Cleaning lady barely knocked on door 2 hours before check out and just walked in did not wait for a response to see if anyone was in the room. The front desk person allowed me to check in early but only after she ignored me for a bit when I asked her when I could check in she looked up my name and just said I need to see Id no reply like we have a room ready now felt like I was being a bother to her once again never had this happen at any other red roof or other hotel chain. As you can see from my other reviews I usually have a lot of nice things to say but not with this place..... What a waste of a free room...One other thing the wifi was weak had a hard time connecting and getting a signal dial up works faster....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you want peace and quiet ...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bear464
Kelly S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our Red Roof Inn. I sincerely apologize for all the issues you experienced during your stay. I will make sure to address these issues with my team. As a valued guest, you deserve a much better service than the one you received. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience, so we can talk about how I can make it up to you. I don't want you to feel that you wasted your free night. I do appreciate your business and hope you give us an opportunity to serve you better next time.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My only critique would be the non-stop clicking sound of the heat and the very hard pillows. Needless to say I had a tough time sleeping. I will be staying here again due to the value, cleanliness & location but I will come prepared with my own pillows and earplugs next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank calamine_tea
Kelly S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We welcome your feedback and will be addressing the two issues mentioned in your review. I am pleased to hear that you still enjoy staying with us. Our Red Roof Inn is conveniently located minutes away from Manhattan. It is the perfect location for guests who can not afford higher room rates in downtown NY. Many guests like staying with us so they can save money to enjoy other things while in New York City.
Next time you stay with us, I want you to give me a call so I can make sure you don't experience any issues with our pillows and heat in your room. I want to make sure you enjoy your stays with us.
Thank you for your business with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been staying at this location since January of 2009 for a minimum of two nights per week so that I can retain my job in Manhattan. As I indicated in my prior review, the inital reason for selecting this location was its reasonable rates and proximity to Manhattan. Over the years however, this location has become my home away from home and although there are other places to stay nearby, I have always returned to this Red Roof Inn because of the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff and their absolute resolve to make this the best place to stay on earth. From Johanna and Ralph who not only make my check-in and check out effortless, but take time to get to know about me personally to Kelly who always has a smile on her face when she sees me. If you want a nice place to stay that also resonably priced, this one is for you!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Mr. Secaucus. I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. It is always nice to hear such positive feedbacks. As you pointed out, our Red Roof Inn is just minutes away from Manhattan. You don't have to have a vehicle to get there. In fact, the bus is the fastest way to get there in as little as 20 minutes. There is a bus stop by our hotel. From there you can take bus 129 to Port Authority Bus Terminal in Times Square. I will make sure my staff reads your comments. My team provides excellent customer service to make guests like you feel home away from home. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

201-319-1000

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I frequent Red Roof for my business travel on quite a consistent basis and my stays are normally satisfactory. The staff treats me professionally, with the rooms are mostly well kept as I run into very few problems. If I do the staff always tends to my requests with no complaints. Some of the reviews left on here while everyone has a right to their own opinion at times are over exaggerated and seem to view as everything must be handed to them. Complaints of noise here, problem there, they sound pretty silly in comparison to a legitimate room or service complaint. Every establishment has their faults, perfection is unrealistic.

For the price value I'll say Red Roof is exceptional to horrid stays I've experienced in other establishments. Location is legitimate and run a 5 to 10 minute distance to shopping and dining. If your driving the place works, if you don't it's a little more challenging. You are fair warned.

If my only concern I'd highly recommend in improvement would be the Internet Wifi. When I stayed a year ago the service worked very effectively. However since the summer of 2012 till now the service hasn't worked as efficient. At least when I've stayed. Hopefully the staff will improve this as the net is essential to my line of work. Overall I'm pleased and look forward to maintain my stays at the Inn in the near future.

Shout to Team Members Sheila & Derrick with my check out process.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kelly S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Alex R.
Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad to hear you are pleased with your experience with our Red Roof Inn. My team is working hard every day to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stay. I will make sure to pass your comments on to them especially Sheila and Derrick. I have noted your concern about internet connection and I will make sure to address this as soon as possible. Our hotel is located only 5 miles from the excitement of New York City. Even if you don't have a vehicle, you can still easily get there by taking bus # 129 right outside the hotel if you leave before 9 am. And the round trip ticket is only $6.40. Our rooms were recently renovated with flat screen TVs, coffee makers, microwaves and refrigertaors. Again thank you for this nice review. I hope you chose us again when you come back to the area. We love having you here.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here at the end of a cross country intrepid trip Dec 2011. Comfortable, large rooms, staff helpful. Just stayed one night before heading to NYC - bus stop to NYC right outside. Excellent.
Close to many eateries - took a cab as it was raining - heaps of choice around.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Kelly S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Red Roof Inn. I will make sure to pass these great comments on to my team. New York City and Times Square are only 15 minutes from our hotel. Bus # 129 picks up right in front of the hotel. We also have cabs available 24/7 ready to take you anywhere you like. We just recently renovated our rooms, and we now have new beds, flat screen TVs and free WiFi is all our rooms. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

201-319-1000