Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Meadowlands River Inn(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
$131
Hotels.com
$160
  • Breakfast included
$119
$128
$119
$161
Residence Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)
$219
$142
Travelocity
$161
$125
All reviewsfront deskacross the streetnew yorkthe busdunkin donutspremium roomevery weekbudget hotelcleaning staffport authorityinto nyceasy access to nyclincoln tunneltimes squaremonicadanicawilliam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am thankful for the experience that I have had at the Red Roof Inn in Secaucus, NJ. The staff here is the best I have Met in all New Jersey. Joanna has made my stay here wonderful from the very first day. She always remembers me and makes sure that my rates are right. She is thoughtful and respectful to everyone. Sheila and Robert are helpful as well. They have also made my stay enjoyable. Dereck always keeps up with me to see if the room needs any repair or up keep, and the maid service is top notch. It's like one big happy Family around here, I miss them when I'm gone. Thanks for your care. Sincerely, Richard Anderson

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kelly S, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Richard Anderson, Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear that this is your home away from home and the staff is taking such good care of you when you stay here. I will be sure to especially acknowledge Joanna, Sheila, Robert and Derrick for all that they do for you. Thank you also for your compliments of the housekeeping staff. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for such a wonderful review.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Red Roof Inn is one of the easiest hotels to reach in Secaucus NJ. Right off an exit on Route 3 East with no service or side roads to travel. I travel 500 miles each way per trip so I am always exhausted by the time the Meadowlands Parkway exit turns up. The front desk called me halfway there to confirm and held my room for an extra half hour when I hit traffic. They remembered our two kids, our dogs and made sure we had a ground floor room.

I saw some improvements to the wifi speeds, the cable tv and wow, have the rooms changed with the new General Manager. I thought there would have been issues after Hurricane Sandy since the Red Roof is next to the river yet the room was perfect. I also love having a laundry room at the hotel so we could wash our own clothes instead of pay a high fee. I'd like to thank all the staff from the General Manager, front desk, housekeeping and maintenance for such a great stay. You guys deserve it for all the hard work. See you at the next 1000 mile trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Kelly S, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Secaucus_Joe, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and the upgraded cable. It’s always so nice to hear that the entire staff made a great impression and were able to accommodate your delay. We were very lucky to come out of Hurricane Sandy with very minor affects. We all look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again for your time and compliments.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We chose the location primarily because it allowed dogs and it was close and easy to get to the Javits Center from it's location--and the price was right :>). We like that the Red Roofs have the bath and toilet separate from the sink and vanity as we travel to dog shows with friends so that no one is held up getting ready. We primarily use Red Roofs and have run into much worse ones than the reviews indicate, but since many of the reviews for this one were good and suggested getting a room toward the back and that the rooms had been recently refurbished, we figured we'd give it a shot. We were very pleasantly surprised. I am a Red Roof card member and requested a ground-floor room toward the back facing the river when we made the reservation and that's what we got when we checked it. There were four of us and four dogs in a 2-bed room, and we managed very well. A couple of us are somkers, but we never smoke indoors, so were so glad that there were multipe trash cans around (one at every other door) as well as a butt-specific one in the area on the river where we walked the dogs. There was no reason for anyone to drop butts on the ground or not to pick up poop!! The people who do are inconsiderate and lazy. We will definitely use this Red Roof again...assuming the price is right :>)

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back especially those facing the river are quieter and scenic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kelly S, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about our Red Roof Inn. I do appreciate the nice comments and will make sure to share them with the team. Our Red Roof Inn has just been renovated and we now offer great rooms with new beds, flat screen TVs and much more. We are one of the few hotel chains accepting pets with no additional cost to our valued guests because we simply just love pets. Our 100% smoke free policy is working very well. Although we do not allow smoking in our guest rooms, we do have a smoking area located in the courtyard. Again I do appreciate your comments and I hope to see you again when you come to this area.

Red Roof Inn Secaucus Meadowlands NYC
201-319-1000

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I traveled to New York with my girlfriend this summer and I had set my choice on the Red Roof Inn. It's well located, close to highway 3 (but it's well insulated so it's really quiet) and you're on the waterfront so you have a great sight. I didn't know what to expect but I was impressed when I opened the door to my room! Everything was brand new, as if it had been renovated the week before! The room was luxurious with high quality floor and furniture you'd find in a fancy house. Very clean room, no odors, no bugs, comfortable bed, free parking and the wi-fi worked, I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. There is even a convenience store a few blocks away that sells wine and spirits late at night, which is great. A few restaurants nearby. Located at about 20 minutes by walking to the 190 Line bus stop which leads to New York Port Authority.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antoine D
Kelly S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. Our hotel is conveniently located in northen New Jersey not too far from the excitement of New York City. It takes only 20 minutes by bus to get there if you don't have a vehicle. Our rooms have been upgraded with better amenities, so please come back and see us when you are in the area. I am sure you are going to love it.

201-319-1000

Reviewed October 21, 2012

First time staying at a red roof inn and it will definitely be my last!! This was a last minute decision and totally regret it. No wash cloths at all; and when we asked the front desk they said I would have to walk to the front desk to pick them up. When I arrived; they said there were no wash cloths available. I mean really? When we first arrived at the room we were impressed at the renovations for a red roof inn. But when you look closely things are not fastened properly and furniture is damaged. Not impressed at all and glad this is only a one night stay. Never again. Took pictures of the condition of the room when we arrived.

Jasmine R.

10/21/2012

• Stayed: October 2012

I am so sorry to hear you did not have a great experience with us. I completely understand how you feel. I want to assure you that appropriate actions will be taken to get things back on track. I will address these issues with the team. Our guests deserve better service and better quality. I hope you can give us the opportunity to make it right. Please give me a call when you can. I am here to make sure you are completely satisfied.

201-319-1000 x 402