“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Fuerth, Germany
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed there for one night after joining the Bruce Springsteen Concert in Met Life Stadion.
By car the stadium is only 5 minutes away.
The inn is very comfortable, clean and the staff is very friendly
If we search again for a opportunity to stay overnight in that area we will return there for sure !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
Waretown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

As a Red Roof Redi-Card holder, I try to maximize my club value by staying at RR Inn locations when I travel. This was the first time at this location and I was relatively pleased with the stay.

Located between two highway overpasses and in the flight path for two airports, I thought I would not sleep much, but it wasn't the case. We did hear a number of planes overhead at first, but the room, with the fan running to circulate the ceiling heater warmed air, noise level was quite tolerable, almost absent.

The room it typical RR Inn style. We opted for the King Bed room and there's plenty of room around the bed if you need to get up and move around. All the appliances worked and while the hotel showed notable updating, there was nothing negative about how they made the updates that made you feel it was just cover up like many hotels.

I was pleased to see that RR Inn had a 100% smoke free establishment. As an ex-smoker, the stale odor of cigarettes is quite offensive. Smokers were provided with designated locations, but most just stood outside their doors. This made walking clear of smoke a challenge but once in the room, it was pleasant with no leeching odor from the smoking community.

We were a little disappointed in the desk clerk. While there was a slight busy time when we checked in, by the time we were up, he seemed distracted and just in a rush to get us in and out. This was noted by the ritual of questions (ID, CCard, etc.) where we had the info in front or he even had in his possession, but still asked. We did go back later to ask for some missing linens and he was a little more pleasant.

Parking was plentiful, but we had some interesting parking jobs by some busses that were there overnight. With a side area just for large trucks and busses, I was somewhat annoyed that three large busses parked across the spaces right in front of the main parking area, including the office! This made late arrival back at the hotel a challenge, and we had to squeeze into one of a few small spaces (thank goodness for a truly compact car) or park in one of the distant areas (like the truck parking). That was really unacceptable, but I'm not sure if the clerk was aware of the extent of the problem.

All in all, would recommend this location.

Room Tip: Make sure you book online and sign up for email alerts. Red Roof has monthly promotions and many ap...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Pierre, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spent several nights at this place. Small room, a lot of noise, no breakfast only coffee often cold. The employees at the front desk are slow and inefficients. The lawn is cut early in the morning with a lot of noise. Drunk customers make noise in front of our door at 2.am.

The single staisfaction : the room is each day cleaned and the sheets are changed.

Take care with the bus schedules. It is the 129 and the service is limited after the rush hour in the morning. At the week end the bus route isn't the same and you can easily be lost.
We decided we won't make reservation at Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kelly S, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Marilyn151,
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. My apologies for the noise, cold coffee and inefficient staff you experienced. I have already spoken with security regarding the noise outside the rooms from guests and have rescheduled landscaping for later in the day. I will also be working with the front desk staff to ensure they are providing our guests with the best service (and coffee) they can provide. I thank you for sharing your experience and do hope you give us an opportunity to improve your impression of red Roof Inn.
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Its been awhile since I've visited a Red Roof Inn. My experience here has lifted it's re pour from where I once remember it. The rooms were small as always but very nice. Updated and looks as if they making an effort to earn business. The waterfront rooms are very nice and quiet. Very nice waterfront for lounging and small bbq. Room was a little musky smelling upon arrive, but a little air and time fixed it right up. I travel CLC so would definitely look to lodge here again. Only thing I lacked was mini fridge/microwave. Internet here was very slow also

Room Tip: Nice spot if just stopping in for few days and most activities are outside the hotel. Not friendly t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kelly S, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Jwaltney D, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. We just completed a renovation in April and I'm glad you enjoyed the updated room. I am sorry to hear that your room had a bit of a musty smell and experienced slow WiFi. I will certainly address the odor with housekeeping and we do have some folks looking into the improvement of our WiFi connection. When you mention that your room was small and had no microwave or refrigerator, that leads me to believe you stayed in one of our standard kings rooms. We also have deluxe doubles and Superior King rooms that do offer those amenities and I hope you will try one the next time you stay with Red Roof Inn. Thank you again and please stay with us again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is NO knock on the neighborhood! The surrounding area is safe with restaurants and stores within walking distance. My beef is with the motel and Red Roof Corporate. My wife, Mother and Father-in-Law, and I stayed here in August for tests at a New York hospital. The first night was uneventful except for the trash trucks that seemed to live in the area and had the backing warnings blasting all night. The real horror was the next morning when the flat screen TV and mounted particle board fell off of the wall in my in-laws room and almost hit Mom. I immediately checked on everyone, took pictures of the carnage, and reported to the office. The night clerk couldn't have cared less asking, "Was the TV broken?" When I explained the situation, he shrugged, said he'd report it to the manager, and informed us maintenance wasn't available until 9:00 AM (at this time, it was 7:45). I told him we were going for breakfast and would be back after 9:00. Returning at 9:30, we find the TV and mount still lying on the bed blocking the aisle to the restroom. I go to the office again to find that the manager is out on the property. At that point, a "corporate suit" walks in followed by the manager. I explain the situation and she says she'll report it to the head office. What about a refund for the one room - one night? Nope! So much for Red Roof's "Hassle Free Guarantee." We pack our stuff, with much difficulty since my elderly in-laws have to crawl across the bed, and we're gone. Letters and calls to Red Roof Corporate have gone unanswered. My days with this motel chain are over!

Room Tip: Don't go near this place. The TV's are not mounted properly on the wall and could fall (with...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Curtis F
Dear Curtis F,
Thank you for your review of your stay at Red Roof Inn Secaucus. I apologize for the incident you and your family experienced during your visit. I have received word that corporate has gotten in touch with you regarding the situation. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you should have any other concerns, please feel free to reach out to me. I am always willing to speak to our guests and assist with follow up whenever it is needed. We do hope you stay with us again in the future.
Binghamton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was delighted to find this motel. It was clean, quiet, and conveniently located. An 8 min. walk takes you to the NYC bus, and the ride to Port Authority is between 20 and 40 min., depending on whether or not it's rush hour. Part of the walk is past a beautiful mass of marsh grass. There's a small mall parking lot by the bus stop, so, if you must drive, you can probably park there, 'though I felt a bit guilty the one day I did it. There's a convenient little shopping mall across from the motel that features several restaurants. Despite those small commercial spots, the road is not noisy or busy.

The motel itself is backed by the Hackensack river with a nice view of the city across the water. There are docks for small boats, and the property back there is nicely landscaped with flowers. and benches so you can enjoy watching the gulls and whatever else flies by.

I found the room clean and comfortable and the two staff members I dealt with ranged from "OK" to very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lavinia A
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel was the average Red roof inn standard. The Superior room had all the usual equipment.

The hotel is a short 15 min drive to PATH Newport station.. There is a good carpark next to the station for 10 USD (at weekends).

This hotel is okay if you get rooms facing the rear/ waterfront...

Note: The noise from the trucks/coaches at the front of carpark is still there and annoying. The hotel owner who allows food truck generators to work all night needs firing!!! Hotel guests should be the priority over $$$$

Get a room high up in the building and facing the waterfront!

Also check to see if your windows have been cleaned from the exterior!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2 and 3 floor at the rear of the building... (ie. Not facing the carpark with the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business