“"Great Value for the Money".”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The room was nice and clean. We had reception problem with the remote control, i called the front desk, Explain and Loiry sweet young lady came and gave us a remote that worked fine. i was so amazed, I saw her with towels, she was going to another room they requested x's towels. and she was the front desk a pretty young lady. To GM of this hotel, please hire and try to have room service for these little things that will keep your best staff in the front of desk. No complains the location was a little difficult to find, But again Loiry help us to get there safe.( I hope iam spelling her name right it was what I read in the shirt.) she gave me and my husband the best and easy way to get there. GM thanks to your front desk for all the help she gave us.(Husbsand in a wheel chair) she made it easy. yes i will tip my hat to your hotel close to NYC. GM hope this help. Mr.& Mrs.Russ.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DC C
Willbravo, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Mr & Mrs Russ, Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Secaucus. We appreciate your compliments of our front desk staff, especially Loiry. She really knows the area and cares about the comfort of our guests. We look for employees who will help to make our guests feel at home and it sounds like Loiry did just that. I'm happy that you found us to be a great value for the money. We thank you and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Kinda disappointed!!! I didn't like the area. For some reason, I felt unconfortable. The beds were extremely uncomfortable!! We didn't have any washcloths! Only towels. The blow dryer didn't work! It wasnt a comfortable stay!

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Hateafake89
Willbravo, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Secaucus Red Roof Inn. I am sorry to hear that you didn't like the surrounding area. Being located near Route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike is convenient, with a few small eateries and business right across the street. It may not be the prettiest view, but it comes in handy for those who are traveling without a car. I apologize for the unsatisfactory room conditions, also. We are doing a sweep of our rooms to ensure they are comfortable for our guests. Feel free to contact us here at the hotel to give us more specific room information. Thank you again for sharing your experience. Your feedback helps us improve.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

this hotel has lots of good, one of things i like is it was easy to go to NYC. Also the room's where nice and clean, the front desk answer me with all my questions i requested, Loiry the front desk was so helpful with dinning, tours, she does know how to get to elite places. I thank her also for all her help, always with a smile.I will come back again to stay, hope everything will stay the same, will be back in Jan 2012.

Room Tip: 1st building room 315
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Pat R
Willbravo, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to share your recent experience at the Red Roof Inn Secaucus. It's great to know that Loiry is here to help guide our guests around the local area and into New York City. We take pride in ensuring our guests are comfortable and making the most of their visit to the area. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Hotel's cleanliness was descent. I've been to better hotels but I have to say that Orlando from the front desk made it worthwhile. He was very friendly and courteous and made sure he accomodated my needs during my stay. Although I've been to many other hotels, this is the best customer I've recieven in a long time!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Ana345

Thanks for reviewing the Red Roof Inn Secaucus. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the great customer service you received, especially from Orlando. I thank you for the cleanliness feedback and can assure you we are addressing this with the entire staff to ensure that we are presenting to our guests the best product we can offer. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Everything was great,Location to go to nyc,easy to take the bus to time square.My room was really nice and very clean,housekeeping gave us service everyday,maintenance guys were nice and helpful.Joanna was a sweetheart and very helpful with EVERYTHING like directions and suggestions on what to do,where to go eat and shop,even when she was busy she made us feel like we were #1 priority.It was a great experience overall we even stayed a second night,Thats why i made sure to do all kinds of reviews because staff like that needs to be recognize and appreciated by the company and public.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Cherryluv670

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for the Secaucus Red Roof Inn. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It's wonderful to hear that all departments worked together to ensure you had an extraordinary experience. Thank you so much for acknowledging the efforts of my team. We greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

First the good: The property is well located, with a great view of the stadium and Hackensack river. It is near the train station and bus stop for easy access to NYC. It is actually quiet & picturesque. There is a great wine outlet across the street, a Wendy's across the street, a Subway Sandwiches, and a workout place. There are also several restaurants within a 1 minute easy walk. This place is a GOLD MINE. Or should be.

They have problems. A lot. I stay here often. I will again. But they have serious issues.

First off, during this stay they were without TV and internet for three days. Bad. While traveling there, they were without power and I couldn't even get through on the phone. When I arrived, a blonde-ish lady at the front desk was rude and unaccomodating. Several times I had to deal with her while there and she was always unfriendly, rude, and unhelpful. Someone needs to coach that woman on customer service. No eye contact, and a bad attitide. To her, customers are a bother. She needs people-coaching or to be fired.

My room was in great need of updating liike many other Red Roofs have already done, and I hear they plan on doing it this spring. That is good news.

They are always understaffed at the front desk. You better not need help, you better have a half hour to check in and out, and you better be prepared for general understaffing issues at the desk. Don't ask for a pen, or a Subway map, or anything like that. The blonde-ish lady will burn you will a glare if you need anything.

They will not read your room request either. They ignore it. You get what you get. Don't ask for a room change. You will be treated like a felon. They are doing YOU a favor by letting you stay there and checking you in. That's the attitude.

Now the good. Orlando works at the front desk. He is kind, customer focused, and accomodating. You are lucky if you get him. He is one very nice and helpful person. He's just overloaded and can't keep up with his commitments. He's juggling too much. But he tries, and tries and tries. There is also an African American man that seems to manage the maintenance on the place. He is quite friendly and nice, always upbeat. Great guy. Big sports fan. Likes the guests. Knows how to treat people.

This place needs work. And they need better and more professional staffing at the front desk. But it is a great location and a decent property. It succeeds in spite of its shortcomings.

Room Tip: Ask for a redesigned room. Some have been and some haven't been.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JimmyTravelingMan
Willbravo, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate valuable feedback such as this as we use it to improve our guests’ experience. I have to agree, we have a great location and many travelers are nicely surprised when they stay with us since we are so close to NYC and our views are really magnificent. Recently, we have had some issues that unfortunately have been outside our control, for instance during hurricane Irene we lost power and our phone system due to the severity of the weather; we were able to restore services as quickly as possible; now we have a brand new phone system which our guests are taking advantage of since we offer complementary domestic, local and long distance calls within the United States. I also wanted to mention that we will be upgrading our facility in the near future. We are projected to undergo a full renovation of our rooms. Our new NEXT GEN rooms are modern, elegant and convenient, they are sure to make your stay more memorable and significant. I want to also thank you for your loyalty I see you’ve stayed with us a few times.
Thank you recognizing Orlando on your review. He is a great asset to our company and we are very happy to have him on our team. I will also be using your feedback to coach my other team members on the importance of providing excellent customer service to our guests. Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we will see you soon...

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I came back for THANKSGIVING weeken,I was happy to see LOIRY she check me in and gave me the room I requested. this place is so FRIENDLY and the room was great! THIS hotel has great location to go to NYC and the outlets. thank u again Loiry.
Mrs. Isabel & Izzy.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Willbravo, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Secaucus. I'm glad to hear that both of your stays were to your liking. I have shared your feedback with Loiry. It is always a pleasure to hear when one of the staff members makes a positive impression on our guests. We are quite fortunate to be located conveniently near New York City and the Secaucus Outlets. Most everything is a short taxi, bus or train ride away. Again, thanks for your kind words.