“Perfect for a New York Trip”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Hamilto,Ontario, Canada
“Perfect for a New York Trip”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

If your looking for th Ritz Carlton or the Four Season or want to step outside your door and be in the heart of Times Square...then stay in New York. But if you want a nice hotel with easy, affordable access to the city within minutes, this is the place.
If your picky enough to complain about carpet colours or if the elevator is too slow, you should of stayed home.
Very nice lobby when you walk in, large seating area in the lobby and two computers for the guests access. Yah the elevator was a tad slow, but I got up and down to my room, no problems. Rooms are a very nice size. Living room area with work desk,pull out couch, television, coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. Bedroom has dresser with another television fair sized closet and a very nice bathroom. Our rooms view was right to the Empire State building.
Easy access into the city, front desk is more then helpful when it comes to this. Gave us the bus scedule and highlighted to parts we need to pay attention too and gave us details of what gate to go to once into the city to come home. Round trip per person for an adult is $6.30. La Quinta is the very first stop for the bus, so you will always have a seat. The bus stop is right outside the door and depending on traffice will take you anywhere from 15-20 mintues, but it is sooo quick! Once into the city you are dropped off at the Port Authority and you have the entire day and can head back whenever you want. Hotel shuttle is avaiable, we never used it, it took you to the train station and we did that three years ago when we stayed in Cranford and it cost us about $50.00 a day to get into Penn Station...take the bus! Its not your typcial city bus, cushioned seats and A/C.
Olive Garden is right across the street from the hotel as well as a Kohls, TJ Maxx and Sports Authority. A restaurant called "Bonefish Grill" is a walk away and also a Subway is too. Marshalls and Petsmart is 10 minute walk and Walmart/Sam's Club is within a 15 minute walk. If you walk a bit further you will find lots of restaurants and also other stores, all within walking distance. Do try the restaurant in the hotel! Looks expensive I know but it is resonable pricing and good food! And $2.00 happy hour drinks!!
Breakfast in the morning-Waffle maker, bagels, bread for toast, eggs, french toast/pancakes, sasuages, oatmeal, cereral, fresh fruit, fruit salad, muffins, donuts, tea, coffee, orange juice etc.Very good breakfast, always left satisified! The pools water was like bath water, nice and warm. The only thing they could improve on is the exercise room, but then again if you just want to do a quick run/power walk on the treadmill and do some weights its fine, if your going into the city everyday...you'll get your exericise while walking up and down Broadway!
We love going to New York City and search and searched for hotel that is close enough, resonable room rates and easy access to the 'big apple' and we have found that hotel! We have already recommended this hotel to someone else and we just got back today.
We will absoutely, without a doubt stay at La Quinta Secaucus in the near future...we will be back!

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank jldee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Being a flight attendant for 15 years I have stayed in thousands of hotels. I have NEVER had such a bad experience! We checked in at 2:30 (early). We were told the hotel had NO rooms available. I booked 6 months prior as this was something we planned ahead for. I confirmed my room in person 2 days before arrival, as I was dropping of my teenager early with her group. Naturally, we put up a fight, very angry they did not have our room, and we desperately needed to be in that hotel with our kids, all transportaion was arranged for us out of that hotel. The Manager was arrogant and very confrontational. He acted as if we should be pleased he was moving us 20 minutes further away from our kids in less of a hotel ...the room would be comped, and it had a heated pool. Woopie! I paid a fortune for my kids events, and this $85 comp was nothing. We had no choice but to spend the first night in this other hotel, and it was such an inconvenience. Then it got worse: We found out that the hotel had been checking people in all day from a person from our party. When our bus dropped us off there that evening, we decided to ask front desk what was going on, and to see if there was a room available. He told us there were NO rooms in the hotel and gave us NO explanation as to why they gave others rooms. THen love this....a man came in at 11pm while we were at desk, and CHECKED IN!!! Were we on an episode of Punk'd??? Could this be happening? We lost it, could you blame us? The next day, our rooms were ready and we met with the general manager whom was very professional, and knew how to handle disgruntled customers, unlike the sales manager the day before. She explained to us when they are over booked they assign what rooms they have in the morning and do not change them. I DO NOT agree with this procedure, you can NOT tell a customer you have NO ROOMS and then check another customer in right in front of them!! That is crazy. She did give us some compensation, which was nice, but I would have paid anything to take that bad experience away. Anyway, if you do decide to stay here, call week before, day before and hour before to confirm your stay...it will NOT be guaranteed. I have lost all faith in hotel bookings because of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Please note my visit was almost 3 years ago. The location was convenient for me as I was visiting the business right next door to the hotel. If you are non smoker or with kids you might want to ask them for smoking/non smoking rooms setup. Because it was under different ownership 3 years ago. If you are non smoker and they still share the same floor, forget about it. When I staied, hall way was filled with smoke.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2009

1. they were long ago. My wife and I just got back from there and it was perfect. Clean, pretty room, Nice staff. Driving in New Jersey is the biggest nightmare ever. Every year I go to New York we have problems with the roads and even with a GPS it was confused. This is the first year we did not stay in New York City. Saved lots of money. These people delt with my frustration when I pulled up after getting lost twice. They never gave out bad information and took good care of us. The breakfast was good. The rooms were very clean. The bus stop is first on the list. We got on first and off last. 320 bus to New York. 6 dollars and something for round trip. When coming back go to gate 231 and get on the bus and go back to the hotel. Places to eat are hidden in the hotels so research it. Parking was right next door and you can take your car out when ever and put it back and there is lots of space. Great hotel. Oh, the pool is inside but it is not heated. very cold. Thats the bad thing I noticed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2009

This hotel is simply an awesome place to stay while visiting NYC. The rooms are absolutely huge (each with a sitting room and a large bedroom) and for the price that you pay (< $100), this is just a super deal. A pretty nice breakfast is usually included in the room price.
Parking is free at the hotel. To travel to the NYC you can hop on a bus (right outside the hotel) which will take you to the 42nd street plaza near Times Square.
The hotel has a mediterranean restaurant on site and there are several other restaurants a short walk away. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits NYC.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I spent long hours researching about hotels in and around NYC and I am thankful to the users that had posted their reviews on this site. Without your reviews, I would have spent double the money and had gotten half the satisfaction out of my trip.

Three things impressed me most about this hotel:

Firststly, it is the room design. We took a standard king size bed room and we were very impressed to see that that the bed room in fact had a seperate office area with a table, chair couch and a second TV. The internet was free and reliable. The bed was very comfortable and the room service was excellent. The front desk service was nice as well.

Secondly, The complimentary breakfast lasts until 11 am and they do serve quite a few things.The overall hotel service is exceptional.

Thirdly, the parking is free and there is an NJ transit bus stop right across the street and the bus operates with 15 minutes frequency. The bus takes you to NY city's port authority terminal in 20 - 25 minutes max and you are already in the middle of NY city.

If you are planning on sight seeting NYC with your family, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. You can't beat the price for the location and service,

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Maine
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I was a little leary at first, but this hotel was awesome. I was traveling with 2 pre-teen children and they loved the heated pool. We were in room 714 which had an awesome view from the 7th floor of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building and the lights of New York. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. It was such an easy commute to NYC. The 320 bus stops right in front of the hotel and drops off in the same place. It's just a short ride to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. I have to say, I was amazed at the ease of this trip. I was so worried before I left. The neighborhood is also a plus. There are a few stores within walking distance, plus the complimentary hotel shuttle will take you to shopping malls as well. There is a restaurant across the street, a Subway store , Olive Garden is also within walking distance. Our hotel shuttle driver, Moustapha, was a wealth on knowledge on the area as well as New York City. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. Even the people of NYC were helpful. We had a room with two double beds plus a pull out couch, two TV's, a micro and a small fridge. It was a little noisy our first night, bus loads of kids checking in...but after that, I slept like a rock!!! I would recommend this hotel for people wanting to visit New York City. The free breakfast was also a plus. Great way to start your day! Oh, and the free parking was also a plus. We were lucky and got a space in the parking garage, we never moved our car until we checked out!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family