“Simply awesome!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed June 20, 2009

This hotel is simply an awesome place to stay while visiting NYC. The rooms are absolutely huge (each with a sitting room and a large bedroom) and for the price that you pay (< $100), this is just a super deal. A pretty nice breakfast is usually included in the room price.
Parking is free at the hotel. To travel to the NYC you can hop on a bus (right outside the hotel) which will take you to the 42nd street plaza near Times Square.
The hotel has a mediterranean restaurant on site and there are several other restaurants a short walk away. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits NYC.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed June 7, 2009

I spent long hours researching about hotels in and around NYC and I am thankful to the users that had posted their reviews on this site. Without your reviews, I would have spent double the money and had gotten half the satisfaction out of my trip.

Three things impressed me most about this hotel:

Firststly, it is the room design. We took a standard king size bed room and we were very impressed to see that that the bed room in fact had a seperate office area with a table, chair couch and a second TV. The internet was free and reliable. The bed was very comfortable and the room service was excellent. The front desk service was nice as well.

Secondly, The complimentary breakfast lasts until 11 am and they do serve quite a few things.The overall hotel service is exceptional.

Thirdly, the parking is free and there is an NJ transit bus stop right across the street and the bus operates with 15 minutes frequency. The bus takes you to NY city's port authority terminal in 20 - 25 minutes max and you are already in the middle of NY city.

If you are planning on sight seeting NYC with your family, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. You can't beat the price for the location and service,

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I was a little leary at first, but this hotel was awesome. I was traveling with 2 pre-teen children and they loved the heated pool. We were in room 714 which had an awesome view from the 7th floor of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building and the lights of New York. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. It was such an easy commute to NYC. The 320 bus stops right in front of the hotel and drops off in the same place. It's just a short ride to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. I have to say, I was amazed at the ease of this trip. I was so worried before I left. The neighborhood is also a plus. There are a few stores within walking distance, plus the complimentary hotel shuttle will take you to shopping malls as well. There is a restaurant across the street, a Subway store , Olive Garden is also within walking distance. Our hotel shuttle driver, Moustapha, was a wealth on knowledge on the area as well as New York City. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. Even the people of NYC were helpful. We had a room with two double beds plus a pull out couch, two TV's, a micro and a small fridge. It was a little noisy our first night, bus loads of kids checking in...but after that, I slept like a rock!!! I would recommend this hotel for people wanting to visit New York City. The free breakfast was also a plus. Great way to start your day! Oh, and the free parking was also a plus. We were lucky and got a space in the parking garage, we never moved our car until we checked out!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I was searching for a pet friendly hotel in the Secaucus area for a brief business trip, and was surprised to find a new renovated La Quinta with an available room, so I booked it.
The service at this hotel was great, and the staff was very helpful and friendly.
My room was a suite with one of the most comfy beds I've had in a hotel in quite a long time. The bathroom was big and clean, and the design was very nice throughout the suite.
The huge heated pool was also a big plus, and I had it all to myself.
Finally, the pricing was great, and I'd definitely stay at this property again.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I was quite worried after i had booked this hotel THEN read the reviews, i shouldn't have been.
I stayed with my daughter and sister after trying to find some sort of reasonable priced hotel in New York.
I wasn't disappointed at all, ok, there were a few minor things that we could have moaned about, but seeing as we were out all day and were only bathing sleeping and eating breakfast there it wasn't worth the time.
Yes the bus stops directly outside the hotel (and very frequently) which was perfect for us as we travelled into New York city every day.
The rooms were clean and ideal for our requirements, the staff were friendly and very helpful, i really can't say anything negative about the place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank crazycatwoman
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Stayed here with two other people from July 30-Aug 5 2008. Everything was average or slightly below, they had serious problems with the elevators, very, very slow. The breakfast was ok if you get there early, if you wait until around ten it is very picked over and they have a problem with flies. Once I got home I checked my credit card statement and there was a $100 charge! We paid cash for the entire bill. Tried to talk to a manager and they sent me a bogus reciept saying that I authorized the charge. I won't be staying here again, and I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2008

The room was contemporary and clean. It was a bit more expensive than I would have liked at $200 a night and not in NYC, but I was meeting a friend and this is where she was staying. If you can find a cheaper room in the city, do that, if not this is a fair alternative, especially if you have a car.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family