“Good Location to stay if going to visit New York.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely go back. The area is nice and safe. There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel as well as a Walmart (open 24 hrs), TJ Maxx, Marshalls.

Free Wi-Fi (although sometimes it would be a bit slow), free breakfast (hot and cold items -- and a waffle maker!) as well as free parking.

It is a convenient location to get to NYC. There's a bus stop in front of the hotel that brings you to Port Authority in about 20 minutes (may take a bit longer depending on traffic). It comes quite frequently and it does take cash. The cost is $3.95 one way/per person.

The room itself looks a little outdated but it was pretty big, clean and had everything we needed. We slept well and didn't have any problem with noise or anything.

For the price we paid (about $150/night), it was definitely worth it. We just left our car in the parking lot and took the bus into NYC every day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My son and I travel together a good bit. Since we don't have a lot of money, we look for hotels that are clean, a good value, and offer easy access popular restaurants, retail outlets, and public transportation. The La Quinta Inn at Harmon Meadow exceeded my expectations. During our stay (Oct 10-16) we found the property to be very clean and well-lighted with no odd or offensive smells in the public areas. The room we stayed in was also very clean with no obvious signs of disrepair. The couch and chair in the living area showed signs of age and wear but within reason. The bed was comfortable, sheets and linens clean. Staff was very helpful, friendly, and courteous (George, Rob, Tina, Hymeen...Thanks for everything!) This was our first time to the NYC area and we were frequent faces at the front desk! Access to public transportation was fantastic! The property offered free shuttle service within a three-mile radius that allowed us access to all restaurants and retail stores in the Harmon Meadow area as well as to the Frank Lautenberg rail station. (Money saving tip: Don't take the cab from the airport to the property. Take the train to the station and call La Quinta to pick you up there. It will save you at least $30 on two people!) Transportation to NYC couldn't be any easier! The NJ Transit bus #320 picks you up right in front of the property and it is a quick, comfortable ride to the Port Authority station. It seemed to us that the La Quinta stop was the first stop on the route and we sat everyday in the first seat at the door. My son and I did not use the pool. And, although I don't eat breakfast, I visited the breakfast area each morning for coffee and there seemed to be a wide variety of food choices.

I assume that if you are reading this, you are like me and are looking for a clean room with a good, friendly staff. If I were to visit the NYC area again the La Quinta Inn in Harmon Meadow would be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The best thing I can say about this property is how budget friendly it is as an alternative to staying in Manhatten. It truly does take about 15 minutes to get from the hotel (bus stop accross the street) to Port Authority. Even in rush hour traffic its about 25 mins. max. The cost is $3.95 one way and drivers take money and give change. The bus runs very frequently depending on when you are travelling and on weekends the last bus out of NYC is at 2 AM. This is the reason I stayed here. Since I was travelling alone I could not afford a hotel in Manhatten/Time Square area that was even an average hotel at best. This hotel cost me half if not more of one in NYC. There is a free breakfast, which if you eat bread/waffles/muffins is completely fine. (I dont so it was a bit more challenging to find food.) There is free WIFI which actually worked fairly well in the room and well in the lobby. The hotel is walking distance to Walmart which is open 24/7 and many stores such as TJ MAxx, Marshals, Sport Authority, TOys r Us as well as many restaurants, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, BOnefish Grill, Starbucks, Panera, Subway. These are more affordable then eating in the city as well with less line ups. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. These are the positives. Now the negatives: The hotel needs a makeover. It is very dated from the old TV (not that I ever turned it on) to the bathrooms that need major work. It was basically clean although I had to ask for more shampoo and lotion which wasnt even supplied. The towels are clean but very dingy looking. The worst problem was the lack of hot water. If my neighbour was using the shower I had no hot water and had to wait 30 minutes for it. This occured each day of the trip delaying me getting out the door. The next problem was the airconditioner. It wouldnt stay on. It was set to 62 however I am sure the room never went below 70 which was okay since it is october and not that hot, however it would go off and on all night, disturbing my sleep. They said they couldnt fix it. The toilet also made a lot of noise. These are signs of outdated property. They have a swimming pool which no one uses and they would be better off closing it and putting some monoey into renovations. The sofa looked old and tired. The beds were clean however. There is a fridge which is usefull. Overall if you are not spending much time in the room other then to sleep it is worth the money u r saving. This could be a first rate hotel with some work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Nova Scotia
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Travelled 13 hours to visit NYC for my birthday - the room was great, the location was great, but out of 4 days we only dealt with one staff member who was willing to help with anything. In the hospitality industry you have to go the extra mile, and none did. They did their job, but that was it . There are way too many hotels in the area, although the hotel itself was great, we wouldn't return

• Stayed October 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Coworkers recommended this hotel for it's convenience when visiting NYC. We were very pleased with the helpful staff and the shuttle into Manhattan WAS right there. We never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for the shuttle. After a long day of sightseeing, it was great to select a restaurant and be able to have a friendly hotel driver take us there and back at no charge. That was less stressful than driving in the dark and I could have a cocktail!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel in my books gets the best rating. My wife and I took a 4 day trip to New York City and stayed at this hotel. The place was nice and clean, the room was very large with a comfortable king size bed and plenty of pillows. The breakfast was more then we expected and delightful. It was also nice that the nice people who ran the hotel were courteous and friendly. I have to give a special kudos to Eileen, the front desk supervisor who had a smile on her face all the time and went out of her way to always greet you with a hello.

One of the highlights of this hotel is that the bus stop is just across the street and for $3.90 will take you right to the New York City port authority, which is right in the heart of Manhatten. Once you're outside, you can enjoy a cannoli at the Cake Boss Café. Once you're done, get back on and get dropped off in front of the hotel.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely go back.

Have fun!!!