“I'll be back !!!”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“I'll be back !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I choose this Hotel reading all the reviews, and I do right!!!, I stayed 2 Nigths (22-24 sept).
Great ubication, and customer service(Lobby mainly). Bus NJ transit in the front (priceless) you have to take #320 (return in the same bus), its stop in Time Square!!! (Port Authority Bus terminal), when you go out at street level, the entrance is located in from of New York Times Building, that your point of reference and inside the bus terminal go to the Gate 231 and take bus 320 to return to the Hotel. Adults $3.95- Child (0-11) $1.80 US$. You can pay direct to driver at Hotel Station, to return you get a ticket on ticket machines at Bus Terminal or buy a Round Trip to driver.
Breakfast is included and room have Microwave and refrigerator, nice view of Manhattan on the even room number i guess.

Near,2 minute walking there are a Mall, Note: Walmart and Sam Club are close but it dificult because of the Highway. the Hotel has a free-service SUV that give you a ride there or a place in a 3 mile distance.
Note: its better to use Newark Airport. Taxi $50-$58, to JFK or LaGuardia is higher.

Room Tip: Higher floors with even number have best view of NY
3 Thank Manuel_S918

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
West Sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Turned up in the evening having booked 3 rooms for our party of 10. Was told one of the rooms could sleep 4. Not true. We were allocated three identical rooms that featured a King bed and a single sofa bed. After much angst and complaining receptionist Eileen got an out of service room back in order so we ended up with four rooms. However, shame on reservations for the misleading information.
Great location for getting the 320 bus into Manhattan ($7.90 return), local restaurants, Wallmart and small mall. Acceptable continental breakfast that actually features scrambled eggs and sausages. Rooms clean and quiet.Watch out for the pool, not too clean. Gym equipment all broken.

Highly recommended for a budget visit to the big apple.

St. Joseph, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife, 11 year old, and I stayed three nights beginning on 09/19/13. I believe our stay proves that most people are just whiners. In comparison to other hotel chains in the price range everything was perfect. My review is also based on room 707. I know nothing of any other room, bed, or furniture in the hotel. Check in at 2:00 p.m. on a Thursday was flawless. No rooms were ready yet. (Note that check in is at 3:00, so there should be no expectation of a room being ready.) The very helpful front desk staff checked our bags so we could walk around the corner for lunch. However, a room opened up before we got out of the lobby, so we got into our room. We checked in and left for Manhattan to find lunch there.

Bus 320 to Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) is across the street. They take cash. Buy a round trip for $7.90 per adult and grab a schedule as you board. The bus took 20 - 35 minutes depending on time of day and traffic. We returned each night about 10:00 p.m. 20-25 minutes back. Buy an MTA Subway card in the PABT. An unlimited 7 day pass is $30/person. Single rides are $2.75, so you need 11 rides to break even. In 3 days we probably had 20 rides. Uptown is North, Downtown is South. That will make sense when you get to the subway.

The king suite was spacious and offered some privacy for my wife and I to stay up after our son went to sleep on the sofa sleeper in the front room. Our bed was extremely comfortable. The sofa sleeper was in good condition, but is still a sofa sleeper. It was twin size and with an extra blanket underneath him our son slept soundly each night. My wife declared her happiness with the room after a shower saying that the water pressure was fantastic. Breakfast was exactly as you would expect from any similar hotel chain with a free breakfast; eggs, sausage, bagels, waffles, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. One small item here (or big for my son) is that there is one toaster and it is incredibly slow. Please La Quinta splurge on a couple of decent toasters.

Besides the toaster, the only thing I can think of to complain about is the "business center". There is one PC in the lobby with a printer. I tried to use it twice. Both times I had to wait a while to get to it. The first time I tried to print a voucher for Top of the Rock. This was an e-mail with a PDF attachment. I could open the PDF, but printing it required downloading it. The security settings on the PC do not allow any downloads, therefore I could not print the voucher. This created a fiasco at Top of the Rock. You must have a printed voucher. I waited in the very short voucher line at TOR and they had me e-mail my voucher to a receptionist that had to print it for me and bring it down. It got worked out, but in this instance it would have been easier to wait in line at Top of the Rock to buy tickets there as the ticket line was short; Saturday about 4:30. On my second use of the PC I tried to print a boarding pass. I was not able to. I believe there were problems with the Southwest site though as I was able to get to other websites.

Every staff person in the hotel that we asked anything of happily took care of us. Everyone!

If you are looking to stay in Seacaucus on a budget, stay here.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had a fantastic stay! The hotel staff were excellent and so helpful especially considering I didn't know that area! They helped me get places. Shuttle busy helped getting to the local train station. Breakfast was good - helped start the long day of seeing New York... and the Bus is right out the front - 50m walk and drops you right out the front! Will 100% be back next time I go the the US.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sanford, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for 40th bday, right outside of NYC and near to Giants stadium for our concert. Took the NJ transit in to NYC each morning, bus stop right accross street from hotel.
We had a king suite it was quite roomy and clean. Front desk very helpful and friendly. Would stay here again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Perfect location close to every thing ,very friendly front disk personnel ,free easy access parking ,very old furniture that needs urgent replacement ,broken mattress , bad house keeping (cleaned my room twice in a ten days stay)

• Stayed August 2013