“Nothing special”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Orange County, CA
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Very average hotel. Rooms need an upgrade. Front desk supervisor not trained and didn't even pronounce the name of the hotel correctly. Breakfast was very marginal at best. Attended meeting in hotel. Room arrangement not as specified. I have stayed in lots of La Quinta hotels this was the worst ever. The windows in my were so dirty they were hard to see out of. The furniture in the room needed serious upgrading and the linens in the bath were rough and old. This La Quinta looks like it needs a serious remodelers soon as possible. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was an excellent hotel, but the most amazing thing about it was the increduble service we got. The moment we arrived to La Quinta we got treated like home, specially by Eileen. I Think the hotel should hire more people like her because her service was excellent. She was very kind with us and helped us very much. We've been to many La Quintas and we love this type of hotel but overall this was the best stay ever because of Eileen.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Marifranco12
Meath
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is the second time that I stayed at this hotel, it hasnt changed much in the two years since I stayed there last. For that reason I think it needs to be updated slightly. Having said that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay for as I said ! " Relaxation and Shopping " . With the bus stop to New York's Port Authority outside the door, it brings ease of access to all the shopping you need ! The relaxation comes with the swimming pool and strolls around the local shopping malls and maybe even a beer or two and several restaurants and bars, all within walking distance.

Room Tip: I stayed on the eighth floor, some good views, unfortunately air conditioning was a little noisy.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in this La Quinta for over 10 days this June 6 to 16. It was all good. Cleanliness, service, breakfast, location,room comfort, it was as others have reviewed . Very good and good value.

We used this hotel as a jump off point to Manhattan . It is about 30 minutes to the Port Authority in NYC by bus. The bus stop is conveniently located outside the hotel. Buses run about 20 minutes apart during peak hours. Subways are underground the port authority also.A pleasant surprise was the shopping center across the hotel and a Walmart about 2 minute drive away.
The hotel is staffed by friendly and helpful people. No complaints there.

The hotel breakfast is also quite good. Breads, yogurt, scrambled eggs and sausage and fruits. I think the waffles you make yourself is what everyone likes the most. Maybe they can add a egg station with someone cooking eggs to your liking. But that's an added labor cost so maybe too much to ask. We will stay here again when we visit the Big Apple!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and I stayed here to visit New York City. It was definately an excellent choice. Very clean. Staff was excellent. The breakfast was amazing which included eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes etc....... Highly recommended!!!!!! FYI - they do not even charge extra for pets!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ardrossan, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here from 4th 11th June with my mum sister and nephew. The location was brilliant the bus was handy and my mum got a senior fare. There are loads for breakfast and also plenty of fresh fruit which I really enjoyed . Eileen was very helpful letting us know about the best shopping for handbags and clothes. The courtesy bus is a big plus for short distances around secacus. Our room was on the 5th for looking out to the manhattan skyline superb view. We all agree in our family we would stay here again. Brenda Hollywood

Room Tip: Ask for room on around the 5th floor with manhattan skyline view
DULUTH
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for the 2nd time. The location is excellent and the hotel very nice. Very helpful staff. Very good and plentiful breakfast. Since we are Seniors the roundtrip bus fare to Port Authority was only $3.60 each. That is a great bargain. The buses were nice. We came in late at night and felt very safe. Also, there were large groups there but it never felt noisy. Yes, the hotel is a little dated and AC a little loud but all else compensates for these minor problems. We are already planning another trip to NYC and will definitely stay here. Also, the parking is free if you drive there

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple