Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
jefferson, United States
“Getaway”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff was so helpful and personable. I would recommend this hotel any time. The only change I would make is the continental breakfast is $8.50 per person and it is ceral and coffee and fruit. Not worth $8.50

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Tiffany T
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Tiffany T:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. The continental breakfast does include everything except the eggs made to order, breakfast potatoes and meats. Included in that is the whole fruit, cut fruit, assorted juices, cereals, assorted pastries and muffins, the make your own waffle area, oatmeal, assorted breads for toast as well as bagels and the coffee station. I do apologize if the servers did not make you aware of the entire buffet.

All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn in Secaucus thank you for staying with us and hope we will see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I was just for a few hours but i guarantee this hotel have a very nice location near Manhattan with good price. Only bad thing is about Myles, front desk agent, who was very negative all the time and nothing helpful at all. Try to look for help with anybody else.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jairo M
Dear Jairo M:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our location. I hope you will accept my apologies for any issues with one of our team members and I will most certainly speak with him concerning your comment. We have never received a comment suck as this concerning him as long as he has been here.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we get to see you again the next time you take vacation from your hotel.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've been a guest almost every week for over two years (probably their most frequent guest over that period) and because I did not sign up to be a Hilton Honors member, I was denied free bottled water. When I advised them I would take my business elsewhere and would let management know about it, they responded "we are management." I will never go there again.

Can you imagine they were willing to sacrifice that much money for some lousy water? Well, neither could I.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank allen d
Dear Allen D:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us. I do apologize if there was any miscommunication concerning giving Hilton Hhonors benefits to someone who is not a member. The Hhonors programs include benefits at check in that vary by what level a member has achieved and can include a choice of breakfast or bonus points per stay and does include two bottles of water each stay for the top three tiers. The top two tiers can receive room upgrades based upon availability. Every member will receive stay credits, credit for nights stayed and points for each stay. The higher the level that a member reaches the more points they can receive per stay. If every Hilton Family of Hotels was to give all of these benefits to non members it would defeat a guest wanting to be a member of the program. We do value you as a guest who has stayed with us over the past couple of years and we would be happy to see you again in the future. Should you like we would be more than happy to mail the program benefits to you.
State College, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very clean and close to the NYC. Get good directions from the highway to the hotel because it is very confusing and our GPS gave incorrect information. The beds were super and we had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Margaret F
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Margaret F:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilton Garden Inn after your recent stay with us. To help our guests there are directions on our website that can be printed to help everyone navigate the highway system in New Jersey. I am glad you liked our Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System beds. Additional information on these adjustable beds can also be found on our website and are available for purchase by our guests through that site.

Thank you for staying with us and all of us hope we will see you again the next time you travel to our area.
rochester, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great staff. Very clean, Nice pool. Good breakfast. Perfect for the business traveler. But also pretty close to NYC if you wanted to venture in, I think about 6 miles or so. It is on a service road and not easy to find if you do not have GPS or are not familiar with the area. That is my only complaint.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Anne M
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Anne M:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel and thank you for your kind comments. I hope the time you visit that you have the time to take advantage of being able to visit New York City by using the New Jersey Transit bus system for a quick trip in and out.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you travel to our area.
Norfolk, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The staff was very accomodating and made us feel welcome from the moment the doors opened. Dorethea made sure everything was in order and even suggested changes to make our stay more comfortable. The selections at breakfast were outstanding and there is an excellent cook on staff. The lobby is warm and inviting and we held some family conferences there and were very comfortable staying there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank David S
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear David S:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel after your recent stay wtih us. I will be sure to share your kind comments with Dorethea and the rest of the staff so they can see how their efforts help our guests enjoy their stay.

I realize that you have a number of hotels from which to choose when you travel and all of us here in Secaucus thank you for staying with us. I hope we will see you again the next time you travel to our area.
Smyrna, Delaware
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Early in the football season I used points to reserve a room in anticipation of "My Team" making it to Superbowl. When that didn't pan out, I kept the 3 night reservation since the game was only two hours away. The property in conveniently located near shopping and the bus stop that takes you into NYC is a short walk away. The NJ transit buses are more like chartered buses and round trip to The Port Authority is $3.80 each way. The hotel offers free on-site parking, valet and a covered garage. There is a gym and pool on site as-well. The staff was awesome especially Sylvia at Reception, Lisa and Jessica in the Restaurant. Breakfast was prompt and well-prepared each day. We used out complimentary Diamond-level coupons, so not sure of the price for the made-to-order option. Lot's of the typical HGI variety. We had a king suite which was very clean and comfortable. The only area for improvement is to provide door stops for the bathroom doors which don't stay open. This was annoying and with the doors closed the bathrooms stayed cold. Overall a good stay so I was astonished when we checked in on Friday night to see that the hotel was not full with Superbowl fans, especially being 4 miles from MetLife stadium and across the street from the shuttle buses to the stadium. Who knew?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladyinmaryland
HGISecaucus, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear ladyinmaryland:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hilto Garden Inn here in Secaucus and thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to pass your review to all of our team members especailly those you mentioned.

We, like many other hotels in the area expected more from the Superbowl in MetLife stadium only a couple of miles away but with as many hotel rooms as there are in the area everyone was pretty happy with the fans that we met over the weekend. It seemed as though almost everyone had a great time with the events in New York City and the game.

Again, thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us. I hope we will get to see you again the next time you visit our area.