The best part of this hotel is the value for money. At roughly $120 a night, the same hotel would have been about double in NYC. There is a bus stop within 5-10 minutes walk where you can buy a round trip ticket for $6.40. The trip can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on the traffic, time of day, and whether there happens to be an accident in the Lincoln Tunnel. The bus drops you off at the Port Authority Bus Terminal (42nd/8th Ave) from which you have easy access to just about any destination you choose.
Given the fact that NYC can be extremely expensive, this hotel gives travelers an opportunity to save $ on the stay and use it on a Broadway show, other entertainment, shopping, etc. The rooms are comfortable, but the proximity to a major highway can make things loud, especially if you are not used to big city living. In fairness, staying at other NYC hotels would probably be just as loud, but there may be other quieter locations you could consider.
The breakfast buffet (some parts of the buffet are self serve, but you place orders for omelets, French toast, etc.) was about $10 per person, but the staff was not able to keep pace when the dining room filled up. We arrived for brunch and were seated quickly and then ignored. As other guests that arrived after us were served we approached the servers and asked if we could place an order. Even after repeatedly requesting service we did not receive any food for at least 30 minutes. We did not have to pay for the meal, which was a nice resolution to the issue, but if you're the type of person that cannot handle that type of thing you may want to avoid the hotel breakfast when it is busy.
The fitness center was small but had a couple treadmills (be sure to get there early if you plan on working out) and was clean (the water dispenser did not have cups for any of the 3 days of our stay) and had towels we could use. The pool area seemed small for a hotel of that size, but I guess it's ok if you just wanted to use the jacuzzi part.
The staff was friendly and helpful, which is always nice to see but on the whole I would rate this as an average experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from New York City..."without the cost." At the Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus/Meadowlands hotel, busy executives as well as leisure travelers will be pleased to find everything they need to make their trip to the Northern New Jersey/Secaucus shopping district and New York City both relaxing and enjoyable: Complimentary Self Parking garage, Complimentary 24-hour business center, Complimentary workout facility, The Garden Sleep System™ Bed - in all of our guest rooms - So comfortable you won't want to leave, Wireless Internet service in lobby and restaurant, Great American Grill® - open for breakfast in our lobby dining area, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry convenience mart, Indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi®, New York City tours available with pick up from our hotel. Secaucus/Meadowlands & New York City Attractions: Are you ready to shop or visit the largest city in the world? The Hilton Garden Inn's Secaucus, NJ hotel provides easy access to all of the attractions in the area: 3 miles to New York City via the Lincoln Tunnel, NJ Transit bus stop to New York City less than 1/4 mile away (5 minute walk), Buses operate 24 hours a day, 5 miles to World Trade Center area, 4 miles to Empire State Building, 3 miles to the Meadowlands Sports Complex for horse racing, sporting events and concerts (MetLife Stadium, Izod Center), 3 miles to the Meadowlands Sports and Entertainment Center (future opening) for shopping and sporting events, Easy access to the Secaucus Outlets shopping area, Access to all major highways including the NJ Turnpike, I-80, I-95, I-78, Rt 1&9 and the Garden State Parkway, 10 miles to Liberty State Park and Statue of Liberty. Our guestrooms are warm and inviting, yet elegant and functional with the option of one or two beds. Features also include: The Garden Sleep System Bed, Oversized work desk with ergonomic Mirra® chair by Herman Miller, Two phones featuring voice mail, speaker phone capability and data ports, Complimentary wired and wireless Internet service, 37-inch LCD flat screen televisions in all guest rooms, Secure in-room printing to the business center, Microwave, Coffee maker, Refrigerator, Iron and Ironing Board, Hairdryer, USA Today® delivered each weekday morning, Clock radio with MP3 connection, Complimentary Safe Deposit Boxes available at the front desk. Secaucus Hotel Meeting & Event Services: Whether you are planning a corporate meeting, a family reunion or just want to have a place to meet, know that by choosing the Hilton Garden Inn's hotel in Secaucus, NJ will make YOU look good with: Our Meadowlands Meeting room with 1275 square feet of space can accommodate up to 100 guests theater style. This room can be divided in two for smaller breakout rooms. The Liberty Meeting room with 950 square feet of space can accommodate up to 65 guests banquet style. Executive Boardroom for up to 10 guests for that very important meeting or get together. Dedicated sales professional to focus on the details. On-site catering for breakfast with varied menus to compliment your budget. You can choose lunch from our on-site catering menu or from an outside caterer who can also provide dinner options for your gathering. A choice of menus is available for your breaks to keep everyone refreshed. eEvents Booking - Ideal for booking fewer than 25 guest rooms or for booking space for an all-day business meeting. On Site A/V available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands Hotel Secaucus
- Hilton Garden Inn Meadowlands
- Hilton Secaucus