“Always a great stay!”

Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed July 3, 2014

In my work as a tour guide, I have stayed at this hotel several times with groups of school children, the most recent being in March and May of this year. It is always a pleasant experience, and almost feels like I am "home" when I arrive, often late at night. Lou is usually at the reception desk and is always so friendly and willing to accommodate in whatever way possible. That can be said for the entire staff as well. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and in an area that feels very secure and safe. The breakfast was far above average and there was plenty of it, served graciously by the servers. I hope to have the opportunity to return to this hotel many times!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 41PJB
Maria L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear 41PJB,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing us for your group travel. I will be sure to thank Lou personally for taking care of you and your group during your stay with us. We hope to see you next year if not sooner!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I visit Secaucus and always stay here (other than if full). It is right next to my work, staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are fine (other than noisy air conditioning) and there is a reasonable bar/restaurant for both breakfast and simple evening meals.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors facing the front for the least noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Maria L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Alan R,

Thank you for using our property for your Secaucus visits. Our staff is always working hard to make sure our guests feel welcomed and are willing to help in any way possible. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Director of Sales

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Hotel is OK, but having a reservation doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a room.

I made reservations a month in advance. Me and 15 other coworkers reserved rooms here specifically so we would all be staying at the same hotel because the entire trip was planned around group events and car pooling to other locations.

I arrived at 5 PM, gave my keys to the valet (who whisked my car off to some unknown location), walked to the front desk with suit cases in tow.

I WAS TOLD THEY HAVE NO ROOMS, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A CONFIRMED RESERVATION AND I WATCHED MANY OTHERS CHECK IN AFTERWARD

After verifying that the reservation was confirmed and explaining that my car was gone and I was traveling with a large group and that I am a Platinum Elite Priority Club Member, I watched numerous others check in. I asked to speak to a manager. They said the manger had already left. The desk clerks were completely oblivious to my satiation and basically said "too bad, there's is nothing we can do, but we'll shuttle you to an unknown LaQuinta hotel and here's a free drink coupon good for a draft beer while you wait for the shuttle."

OK...so the day is a complete disaster, I missed most of the planned events on the first evening and I'm staying at the LaQuinta. At least they promised to pick me up in the morning so I can meet my group back at the Holiday Inn. So I get up at the crack of dawn after staying up half the night worrying about being late or missing the planned early AM meeting. Sure enough, they don't show up as planned.

I couldn't make up a worse customer service debacle If I tried. They did give me the stay for free which makes even less sense. They could have offered some lone traveler or a tourist a free room at another hotel and everyone would have been happy.

So far the response from IHG has been nothing more than a standard form response. In the future I'll be collecting points and taking my group of frequent traveling Priority Club members somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MoreVacationLessWork
Maria L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear MoreVacationLess

Please accept our sincere apologies about your experience at our property. I can assure you our intention is not to walk any of our guests to nearby hotels or not keep our word of a pickup the next morning. I will be sure to speak with our front office and shuttle driver to ensure this is not how things are handled in the future. We hope you give us another chance to show you how great our service can truly be.

Director of Sales

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Right before I went to bed, I checked the door to make sure it was double locked. I checked the windows to make sure they were all closed and latched. There was this other door in the corner of my room that I'm sure was a door to an adjoining room. It was tight and secure and a bolt lock was fully engaged. Having secured the room, I walked over to the thermostat and lowered the temperature to 63 degrees Fahrenheit. Like a lot of people, I like to sleep with a cold room and lots of covers.

I was all set for a good night's rest and after reading a little, I turned off the bedside lamp, laid my book on the nightstand and quickly fell asleep.

And then it happened. Around five AM while the room was still in total darkness, I was awakened by a sudden smothering feeling and felt incredibly warm. I opened my eyes and could see nothing. I quickly bolted upright out of bed, turn on the lamp and surveyed the room.

As I looked toward the window, the adjoining room door, and the main door, nothing was out of place. But, something seemed strange. The room felt different somehow. I quietly began to move toward the bathroom which was situated by the front door. I couldn't remember if I had closed the door to the bathroom or left it open. And it was closed!

I slowly opened the door and turned on the light. Nothing. I moved behind the door and decided that if anyone was in the room they would be hiding behind the shower curtain. By this time my heart was racing and I was breathing heavily and sweating profusely. I gathered my courage and flung the shower curtain to one side while screaming at the same time (just in case). No one was there.

And then. I retraced my steps out of the bathroom and back into the entry way. There. On the wall. I saw something that unnerved me to no end. The thermostat. During the night, while I was sleeping in my bed, someone -or something- had changed the thermostat from 63 degrees to 72!

No mortal being could possibly have breached the secure room. The ONLY explanation that made any sense was a spirit being, perhaps from a tortured soul still walking the halls of this hotel, had entered my room and changed the thermostat. Perhaps my room, even the hotel, was haunted.

And so, I changed the thermostat back, hung the do-not-disturb sign on the outside of the door, went to breakfast and came back to the room in about 30 minutes.

Funny. I don't remember opening the blinds when I got up. But, they were open. Ah, well! Maybe I'm just imagining things.

(All this ghastly adventure made me forget about the broken microwave, the wall outlet that was inoperable and the ironing board that was shaped like a boomerang. Otherwise, I love this property and will be back - but I won't stay in THAT room ever again!!!)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank W F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear W F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your room amenities. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring a positive stay experience.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here during a work stay and the front desk was very accommodating to my needs. Great bar in the hotel for unwinding and located in a great area, many restaurants, shops and things to do. This was my second time here and they improved on the first trip i made so I recommend this hotel again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Miguel K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear TK013

We are glad you came back and gave us another chance. The Bar has a great selection of beers (over 40) that our guests enjoy after a long day at work or to relax with friends or family. I appreciate you taking the time to give us psotive feedback and recognizing any improvements from your previous stay. Thank you for your business

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A nice, friendly place & staff, with an easy commute to NYC....Some development in walking distance, the people Houlihan's were great...A good breakfast buffet, a little pricey but saved a ton of time...I've stayed here before for sporting events and just to have fun in Manhattan and will do it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear JHI431

Thank you for your continuing patronage to our property. We really pride ourselves in having consistency with our guests and I am appreciative that you were able to experience a positive stay again. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel as mentioned in previous reviews is a great location for visiting New York. It is a 20 minute bus ride in and out of the city. As for the Hotel itself, the rooms are spacious and clean. One thing I wished they had was a docking station for my iphone as I had troubles charging with my laptop and forgot my power adaptor (lesson learned). The service at the front desk was excellent at check in and out as well as for giving us directions for the bus. I never experienced hot water issues like expressed in other reviews however I will admit I did have to adjust it during the shower. I will definitely stay there again when I am back in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Trevor H

We will make a note of the i phone doc station for any future renovations projects, thank you for the feedback. I am happy to know that you experienced a nice hot shower, we had some issues that we worked thorough and know everything is back online. Thank you for your business and taking the time to give us such nice feedback.