“excellent Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
NOFIT
“excellent Hotel”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The desk clerks, restaurant staff, and shuttle drivers/bellman are first rate friendly, courteous, and helpful. The hotel has recently undergone a trendy renovation and looks really nice. Seems like most guests are there to shop or see a show or visit the big city, so it's not the greatest place for a business person to stay. The walls are pretty thin, so you'll hear everything your neighbor does.

Easy walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, and movie theaters.
I stay there few times

Take a break from the crowd and visit Mill Creek Marsh just across the bridge near Mill Creek Shopping Center. The marsh is a wetlands area criss-crossed by walking paths. A little patch of wilderness in New Jersey. Doesn't always smell the greatest, but it'll get you away from the traffic for a moment.

Schmidt's Woods Park is also worth a visit.

Good transport to NY

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank denkberg
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Denkberg,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Secaucus for your business trip. I was glad to read that our team was friendly and helpful during your stay and that you found our location to be convenient to restaurants and shopping. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

Best regards,
Michelle Giovanni, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
East Coast
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I went up to New Jersey for two reasons: 1. dance convention in Secaucus and 2. to take my niece to new york on a day trip. I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a wonderful valet. I wish I knew his name because he was great. He made paying $26 to park for 48 hours almost acceptable. The check in staff was ok and the hotel is set up wonderfully. We got the hotel shuttle to the train station to catch the train to new york. On the way back we called and said we would arrive back to the train station in about an hour (this would have been 4 PM Saturday) and was told by Chris at the front desk to catch a cab and pay $15. Who offers a shuttle and then does not send it back to pick up the guest? Holiday Inn Secaucus. When we arrived back I asked Chris to speak to the manager and was told the manager would be in the next day. The next day I still did not get to see a manager, still not in. If there was an empty room in any other hotel in the area I would have left. Monday as I was leaving a different valet guy talked on the phone the entire time he helped(using that word loosely) us. I believe his name was Shawn. He never spoke to us he took the ticket, he drove my car while talking on the phone, he jumped out the car left the door open and went back into the building. He never hung up the phone. Thanks Shawn. Too many hotels in the area to repeat this again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Alwaysonthego_8
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Overall, the hotel was nice.... until my jewlery went missing from my hotel room (room #488). I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. On Saturday morning, I left a pouch with jewlery on the bathroom counter (a pair of real pearl earrings given to me by husband of sentimental value, a single pearl on a silver chain which I got in Hawaii.... and another chain and a pair of earrings that had no sentimental value). Because there is no safe in the room, I did not lock up any of my valuables, and I am normally very trustworthy of the housekeeping staff in hotels. I did not, at any time, leave the room with this pouch. I returned to the room after a long day in New York City, and the room was clean and I do not recall seeing my pouch. I did not look for it until Sunday morning when I had to pack, as I was checking out. I looked everywhere - under the beds, in the sheets, in the bathroom garbage. My pouch was no where to be found. When I reported the incident to the lady at Front Desk, I was told, "I hope housekeeping didn't mistake it for garbage and throw it out or accidently knock it into the garbage when she was cleaning!". What kind of an excuse is this? She took my name and number and said that she would contact the housekeeping manager as well as the housekeeper that morning and call me back (seeing as I was checking out of the hotel). No one ever called me back - granted she wrote my information on the corner of a post-it, so it's not surprising. But I took this as an indication that no one was taking my claim seriously. Finally, after 48 hours of no call, I contacted Reception on Tuesday night (Sep 20th) at which point Reception told me to call housekeeping. I left a message with Housekeeping and Christine called me back today (Sep 21) and couldn't really help me since the housekeeper "does not recall seeing a pouch with jewlery". I hate accusing people, but at this point I feel like either theft is involved or poor judgement (throwing something of value "in the garbage"). My next step is to conact the Secaucus Police Department.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Juls&Chris
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel is average as far as appearance and amenities. The location was out of the city but it was outside a courtyard with several restaurants and a movie theater. We had a small issue and when we went to see the manager on duty to correct the problem, he had a horrible attitude and the problem did not get solved, just got worse.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Flyboy20,

I’m very sorry to hear your stay with us wasn’t completely enjoyable. We value all feedback as it is key to providing superior service and take your comments very seriously. Please know that we will be conducting a refresher training with our managers regarding guest care. We hope this experience does not deter you from staying at Holiday Inn in the future as we appreciate your business.

Best regards,
North bergen
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I made a reservation and I called and cancelled before one day of arrival, and the lady that I spoke to, told me all set and my reservation was cancelled, after five days checking my debit card, i was charged 372$, I called to see what happened, I was told that I didn't cancel and without a cancellation number they cannot give me any refund I tried to explain that I spoke to a lady and she didn't give me any cancellation number, I called to speak to the manager and the accounting manager, no one called me back, if they want to verify if I called they could have checked their phone statement and they can see that I called , date and time, and I spent 3 minutes talking, I checked my cellphone statement and I have all the information about the call, date and time, I don't think they care because at least they should have called and fix the problem, i think it is a way they use in all their Holiday Inn, as a reward for people who cancel, because one employee told me it happens all the time and everybody pays, for him it is easy, because they are not taking his money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gaby N
Dear Gaby N,

I was not the General Manager at the time of your stay but let me assure you that I do care about your situation. If you are in need of further assistance please feel free to call me 201-809-4749.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Hotel within a smaller shopping mall, with Walmart, Marshals, TJMaxx, etc in short driving distance. Also various chain restaurants nearby. Bus stop to New York one block from hotel. Nice functional renovated lobby. Rooms are comfortable, however air condition is loud. Bathroom does not have adequate place to hang up towels for two. Carpet in corridors worn out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelpro_d
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here and drove to Carlos Bakery in Hoboken. The bus will take you into NYC for $3.95 each way so we plan to stay again on our next trip into the city. There is free parking and it’s a little longer walk then I expected. Best plan is to unload your luggage then park. There is no elevator in the parking garage and you have to park on the 3rd floor. Other than that we enjoyed the hotel. We were disappointed in the advertising for shopping outlets in the town – they are not worth stopping at.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family