1,601 results
All reviews evening reception across the street the bus new york omelet made to order breakfast port authority pancakes free parking living room times square expo center free breakfast into nyc nj transit potatoes restaurants within walking distance
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Immediate impression from the check in clerk was a little abrupt and not that helpful, but he was in the minorty, everyone else was friendly and welcoming, from housekeeping through to maintenance, just the first impression which let it down. Great sized rooms, comfy bed and flat screen LCD TV's, a little dated and with non opening windows a little smelly, just needs some fresh air. Bathroom was functional, clean but showing signs of age.

Included breakfast is first class, hot and cold buffet with made to order pancakes, omlettes and eggs. Evening also sees a free beer, wine or spirit with comp soft drinks and nibbles, a nice touch. The location has free parking and is next to a bus stop into the Port Authority terminal. $7.90 is a return price, great value, with a rush hour trip taking about 20 minutes, so a great option. I always chose Secaucus when visiting NYC, cheaper, better and bigger rooms.

Embassy Suites will definately see me again, good value and overall, a good stay so well worth it. Proximity to walmart, Outback steak house and loads of other restaurants is a real bonus too, with Meadowlands sports and concert venue a few minutes away too.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Positives: The NJ Transit bus picks up right outside the door and it's a short (relatively speaking, of course) bus ride to NYC to the Port Authority Terminal. Almost $8 round trip. But the fare to drive thorough the Lincoln Tunnel is $8. Still has a great breakfast. Two flat screen TVs with an OK selection of channels. Friendly staff.

Negatives: The furniture and carpet in our suite looked old and in need of replacement. The bathroom did need work. There were exposed cracks in the caulking along the tub plus paint on the trim. Further, the original porcelain tub has been covered with one of those "bath fitter" liners/tubs and there was an air bubble in our tub. When I showered and moved my feet I could feel the bubble moving beneath me.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This Embassy Suites is in an ideal location for travelers visiting NYC with easy, inexpensive public transportation nearby. The 320 bus line is directly across the street. However, after my experiences at other Embassy Suites, this property did not live up to my expectations. Upon arrival, I noted a stain on the wall near the dining table that appeared to be barbecue sauce, a paintbrush on the floor in the alcove for the mini-fridge, a thick coat of dirt/dust on the baseboard behind the bathroom door, as well as, the broken doorstop lying on the floor. When I returned to the hotel late afternoon the following day, housekeeping had not cleaned the room. I stopped at the front desk on my way out and very politely expressed my disappointment and outlined the above noted concerns regarding the lack of cleanliness. When I returned that evening, housekeeping had been by, made the bed, and left fresh towels, but that was it. The other issues had not been addressed. My final morning there I checked the room for any missed personal belongings and then discovered under the bed a prior occupant’s nasal medication (yuck) and some other trash. I should have readdressed my concerns with the hotel staff and/or requested a room change. In the future, I would consider staying there again, or recommending it to a friend, because of the reasonable price and excellent location but would inspect the room before unpacking. One other caution, which was noted by prior reviewers, the mattress on the sleeper sofa is terrible. It was way overdue to be replaced and I would not recommend it for an adult occupant. On the other hand, the actual beds were quite comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We have stayed here many times in the past few years. We had taken a break for the past year, and recently stayed again. My husband is a Hilton Gold member, and this wasn't acknowledged by the check-in agent on Friday night. He was, unfortunately, the snobbish type you see in larger cities, and refused to be kind or smile, no matter how friendly I tried to be. Whatever. We soon left him and moved on to the rest of the hotel.
The hotel, for being so busy, is really quiet at night. The rooms are large suites with comfy beds and flat screens, bar sink and fridge.

For breakfast, you can't beat the value because it's a free buffet, and not a small one. Bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, pastry, lots of fruit, juice, soda, coffee, and also our kids' favourite part-the omelette/pancake station! The same woman who worked there last year remembered my kids! she put chocolate chips in my son's pancakes for an extra treat! Really not necessary but the kind of thing that makes one come back.

Overall, for all you new york travelers, this is a great value. AAA discount, free parking, free full breakfast, large suites, good service all combine to save you tons over NYC and you can be in Lincoln Center in 10 minutes! Our kids attend Juilliard on weekends, and it takes us a few minutes from door to door.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights with my teenage son. I have stayed in this area twice before but this was my first time at this hotel. I can’t recommend it highly enough. The staff are pleasant and very helpful, it has clean, spacious and comfortable rooms with a television in both living and bed rooms. Breakfast is a great experience and one of the best I have had- fresh omelettes and pancakes; what more does a person want! The manager’s reception at night is a bonus, with one free drink and domestic drinks costing $1 from 5.30pm to 7.30 pm; all this just a bus ride from Manhattan.

The area is great and as many have said previously, with a very good selection of restaurants. I recommend Houlihan’s, but the others are good as well. Don’t be hesitant of staying in this area- great facilities, safe and much better value for money. Also, New York is very easy to get to. Overall this is an excellent hotel and area to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business