1,601 results
All reviews evening reception across the street the bus new york omelet made to order breakfast port authority pancakes free parking living room times square expo center free breakfast into nyc nj transit potatoes restaurants within walking distance
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We have stayed here many times in the past few years. We had taken a break for the past year, and recently stayed again. My husband is a Hilton Gold member, and this wasn't acknowledged by the check-in agent on Friday night. He was, unfortunately, the snobbish type you see in larger cities, and refused to be kind or smile, no matter how friendly I tried to be. Whatever. We soon left him and moved on to the rest of the hotel.
The hotel, for being so busy, is really quiet at night. The rooms are large suites with comfy beds and flat screens, bar sink and fridge.

For breakfast, you can't beat the value because it's a free buffet, and not a small one. Bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, pastry, lots of fruit, juice, soda, coffee, and also our kids' favourite part-the omelette/pancake station! The same woman who worked there last year remembered my kids! she put chocolate chips in my son's pancakes for an extra treat! Really not necessary but the kind of thing that makes one come back.

Overall, for all you new york travelers, this is a great value. AAA discount, free parking, free full breakfast, large suites, good service all combine to save you tons over NYC and you can be in Lincoln Center in 10 minutes! Our kids attend Juilliard on weekends, and it takes us a few minutes from door to door.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights with my teenage son. I have stayed in this area twice before but this was my first time at this hotel. I can’t recommend it highly enough. The staff are pleasant and very helpful, it has clean, spacious and comfortable rooms with a television in both living and bed rooms. Breakfast is a great experience and one of the best I have had- fresh omelettes and pancakes; what more does a person want! The manager’s reception at night is a bonus, with one free drink and domestic drinks costing $1 from 5.30pm to 7.30 pm; all this just a bus ride from Manhattan.

The area is great and as many have said previously, with a very good selection of restaurants. I recommend Houlihan’s, but the others are good as well. Don’t be hesitant of staying in this area- great facilities, safe and much better value for money. Also, New York is very easy to get to. Overall this is an excellent hotel and area to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2010

this is a great place to stay if you want to do things in Manhattan but don't want to pay NYC prices (or if you have a car and don't want the hassle and expense of parking in New York). The bus stops right outside the door, runs until 1 am and deposits you at the Port Authority in 15 minutes. Hotel staff are courteous, helpful and efficient. Suite furnishings are a bit shopworn, but the exercise facility is well supplied with treadmills and elliptical trainers. The hotel is in a large complex with several others, retail stores, movie theaters and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

First stay at an Embassy Suites and I was quite impressed with it. Free garage parking, free hot made-to-order breakfast and very large, clean rooms. If visiting NYC, you can save quite a bit of cash staying in Secaucus, especially if you are driving. However – The bus adds up at $8 RT per person each time you go into the city, which can take anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour depending on the time of the day. Another FYI – the NJ Transit bus stops running at 1:00am, so if you are planning to be out on the town later than that (even on the weekend) you are looking at a large cab bill to get back to the hotel, the front desk quoted me anywhere from $50-$100 for a one way fare. Next time we visit NYC, we will be staying downtown for these reasons, but if we drive to NYC again we would stay here if the savings is significant.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stay in Embassy Suites all the time and this one just didn't measure up to Columbia, SC or Tyson's Corner, VA, and others. We arrived at 1:30, I realize check-in time is at 3:00 but we've never had a problem checking in at almost any hotel an hour and a half early. They said they didn't have any rooms and it would be an hour and a half before they did. I'm thinking that's just a better way to say "CHECK IN TIME IS AT 3:00." We left our bags in the car and jumped on the bus to NYC. The bus was very nice which surprised us but it did take a while with traffic, it beats driving in on a Saturday afternoon! It was $7.90 each round trip tickets. We got back to the hotel around 6:30, our room was ready, we did notice there were 3 housekeeping carts outside rooms so they were still cleaning rooms! The room was your normal Embassy Suite room, nothing special and nothing bad about it. We received a ticket for two complimentary drinks, one each since NJ has a law about having Happy Hours, you get one each. I didn't have a problem with one drink but when we got to the bar there was a limited "list" on the bar from which you could order. The other Embassy Suites do not have this list, not at all! My husband got a draft beer in a very small thin glass and I got a vodka & cranberry juice which was in a tiny little glass loaded with ice. It was about 4 little sips and done! 4 ounce glass filled with ice! I thought when I saw it my drink was going to be too strong and that I would have to go ask for more juice but no that wasn't a problem, not strong at all, could not have been a full shot. If you can only give out one drink, could it be a little bigger please? All the other Embassy Suite hotels pour like crazy, some will give you two at a time because of the lines. There were chips & salsa, that was it!
The breakfast was horrible compared to the other Hilton hotels, again we were given tickets that no one ever asked for. It was soooo limited, there was bread, white or wheat, no bagels, no rolls, just bread. You can see NYC from Secaucus and yet no BAGELS? Really? The fruit consisted of orange melon or green melon. There were made to order omelets which were okay. The home fries were awful and they ran out of croissants, we were done by the time they brought out 4 more halves with about 200 people at breakfast! This hotel was a disappointment after staying at all the other Embassy Suites we expected better. Will look for other options when we go back next month.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family