1,616 results
All reviews evening reception across the street the bus new york omelet made to order breakfast port authority free parking living room times square expo center free breakfast into nyc potatoes nj transit restaurants within walking distance red lobster
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was one of our worst travel experiences. Hotel was "full". Requested rollaway bed as no room with 2 beds avail.We were with a flight crew and finally got the bed about 5:30 AM on the time we were on. Took 5 calls, and approx 8 hrs before we got one. Then it was in such bad shape--huge indentation in middle--that my dau could not sleep and got up to fill with blankets in the middle. Furniture was stained and old and appeared very dirty. Floor had stains all over. Very unclean room. Went to managers reception before trying to go to bed, food was all gone--long line for drinks so we skipped it. After a few hrs sleep, went down for bkf--no where to sit, again food all gone. Found a table and pulled over a few chairs, went to cooking line only to be told bkf ended at 9AM. Many families came down to find same thing. Very poor!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator and choose a higher room for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mgdrn
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for all of the inconveniences. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The room was sweltering, the furniture torn and stained, sitting room TV disconnected, breakfast not up to par. Staff friendly and polite, but couldn't help much in resolving issues. Large rooms, with standard suite accoutrements. I was traveling for business, but chose Embassy Suites because I'd brought my family. The space was useful, but it was not a comfortable trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I go to NYC a couple of times a year and like to stay in Secaucus, primarily because its close to Teterboro and only a few minutes by bus to Manhattan (rush hour not withstanding).

On my last trip two weeks ago I decided to stay at the Embassy Suites (the only hotel in the area that I had not tried).
I am not sure what the suites deal was all about but my room was the size of a broom closet and so was my coworker's. Breakfast was a nightmare the lines were extremely long and it just became easier to go across the street and eat at the Starbucks.
The next day I got up at the crack of dawn to have a shot at the breakfast which wasn't very good, the eggs are the only decent part of the buffet everything is prestty unhealthy and low quality.

Overall it was a pretty disappointing stay, the front desk wasn't accommodating at all in changing rooms so effectively we paid suite prices only to get a room half the size of most other hotels - I felt like I was in a European hotel minus the service.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get the corner rooms - they are the size of a brrom closet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark J
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were here on a bus trip to NYC. This was obviously a luxury hotel "in its day." The furniture and carpeting show signs of many years of wear. However, it was neat and clean and VERY roomy! I especially liked the bedroom (with TV) being separated from the "sitting area" (with another TV) as I get up a few hours before my husband and could shower, etc. w/o disturbing him. The breakfast was OUTSTANDING...with omelets, etc. "made to order." With a little modernizing, I would rate it EXCELLENT! I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Everyone in our group liked their room, so I guess any area would be fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel during your recent visit to the area. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and all of our offering. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Conveniently located near New York City and not too expensive for that region, this place is hard to beat with many restaurants nearby, a Walmart across the street, and a one seat bus ride into Manhattan at the door. The room was spacious and comfortable, the climate control was good, as was the water pressure, elevators were spacious and efficient, and the free breakfast, which includes an omelet bar was a highlight. Unfortunately, the staff weren't the nicest or smartest people around, and rooms on the lower floors are exposed to a lot of nice from the indoor courtyard at all hours; luckily you can drown it out by closing your bedroom door when you go to sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors are much quieter; some higher floor rooms are set aside exclusively for Hilton Hhonors members so ask about that.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel Secaucus during your recent visit to the area. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel offerings as well as our convenient location. Our apologies for issues you encountered with our staff. I would like to know more specifics so we can address the concerns. Your input is greatly appreciated as this is how we can better ourselves.