1,583 results
All reviewsevening receptionacross the streetthe busnew yorkomeletmade to order breakfastport authoritypancakesfree parkingliving roomtimes squareexpo centerfree breakfastinto nycnj transitpotatoesrestaurants within walking distance
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The front desk people at this Embassy Suites were very helpful and always cheerful. NYC was only 20 minutes away from the hotel and a wonderful oasis after a day in the Big Apple. A good value all around.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your recent patronage of the Embassy Suites Hotel in Secaucus. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is great hotel if visiting New York, easy access to the Port Authority Bus Station with buses stopping just outside hotel, tickets can be purchased at bus stop as some buses do not accept cash. We found the hotel very comfortable for our 4 night stay, the staff very pleasant and helpful with any question or queries you had. Managers reception drinks nice touch free first drink from 5-30 to 7-00 and then 2 dollars for further drinks within the time. Breakfast was great with a good choice. Would not hesitate in staying there for any future trips to New York.
One bad point don`t use J&J taxi services if recommended by the hotel as they are completely useless and in my mind rip you off as I was quoted 35 dollars for a journey to an address that was given to them and when on way the price increased to 45 dollars, driver didn`t know the way and got lost. Ask reception for a price from their transport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank david_sparkes

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Secaucus. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our apologies for the transportation issues you encountered. Unfortunately, we do not set the prices for these car services but will be sure to pass along the information you shared with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Totally agree with previous comments it is tired hotel but ok for trade shows. Internet cost should be free in this day and age. Its easy getting into Manhattan via the bus outside which is only about $8.00 return to the Port Authority AND CAN BE FUN!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 11pm and checked in, no problems, we went to our rooms and they weren't what we booked. I booked a 2 bed king suite and ended up with a dark 1 bed cupboard, it was late at night and couldn't be bothered to complain, I went into the bathroom and it was dirty, there were black hairs all in the sink, I rinsed them out seeing it was late, I then went to get into bed to find the fitted sheets did not fit the bed, at this point I decided to ring down and complain. After spending about 5 minutes on hold I was told they would let me change rooms. I went down to reception and was told they had no 2 bed suites available. I asked why because that is what I had booked, they had no answer. Once in my new room, I looked a the bed and once again the fitted sheet didn't fit the bed, so much so the maids hadn't even put it on the bottom 2corners of the bed. I went to reception and the manager came up to see and he said that it was badly made, I invited him to make it himself and he then realized he couldn't make the sheet fit the bed. I waited around or another 5 minutes waiting for them to find me another room, miraculously a 2 bed double room was available! I am unsure as to why there aren't sheets to fit beds? The bedrooms are shabby and need a refurb, this Embassy Suites is definitely not up to the standards expected of this company, it is the worst I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what you book, they will give you whatever room they want.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability. Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Caters to conventions because of the location. (Close to Manhattan, within a stone's throw of the Meadowlands center, great --and free-- parking.) But the hotel always seems understaffed for a facility that has a full house for weeks on end sometimes. Wish the counter staff didn't act shocked every time 200 people try to check in simultaneously.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service while checking in. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We've addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.