“Good Hotel But Not Helpful staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The location is just perfect to visit NYC.
I chose this because Courtyard and Hyatt that are nearby were not available (Labor day weekend). Everything was good except:

1. Two out of three elevators were not working during peak breakfast time and there was a LOT of crowd to move. The stairs were blocked to enter the first floor.

2. The rooms(suites) were not ready even after 45 minutes after check-in time (check-in time 3PM) and the staff didn't care. They just stated the fact the rooms were not ready. Couldn't use the paid for room to shower/wash before heading into the city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from a recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us as it is this information which allows us to better serve our guests. Please be assured that your comments are being shared with the management team of our hotel and the areas of concern are being addressed.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how much pride we take in everything we do in an effort to provide unsurpassed service to all of our guests.

Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great two room suite meant that kids were in one room and we were in the other. Breakfasts were excellent and, if you're back in time, you get a free drink and snacks at the bar (Happy Hour 5:30-7:30pm each night). Lots of places to eat within walking distance and the bus stop is right across the road. Frequent buses take you into the main bus station which is only two blocks from Times Square. Journey time is variable though - took 20 mins at 10am, 50 mins at 8am (when we were trying to catch a 9am tour bus). Although we didn't use them, the bus runs all night there'd be no problems if you stayed late in Manhattan. Also, the bus only makes a couple of stops on it's journey and that's mainly in the Park and Ride facility so I imagine it would be quite safe. Free parking at the hotel was also a great bonus.

Room Tip: Wouldn't pay extra for a view of Manhattan - it really is quite far away and you can't see a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the comments from your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate your patronage and your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is my first time here at The Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ. Despite some hick-ups this will most likely not be my last. The staff at the hotel was absolutely wonderful. On Sunday when I arrived my room was ready early and I was allowed to check in. I was checked in with a wonderful smile and a warm welcome from Carmen & David. They had informed me that the water would be shut off due to an emergency repair. They were super friendly about the situation, made a few jokes about it but most importantly made me feel at ease and less stressed about the situation. Realizing that it was not there direct fault (at least i'm assuming) choose for it not ruin my trip. I got up to my room and the sofa bed was broken. I was moved immediately and given a friendly jester of compensation for both inconveniences. The breakfast was great and the cook was extremely friendly. When my family and I came back for the evening after the water was shut off I was greeted again with a warm smile by a new person at the desk. Seemed oddly enough that with an event of no water there was only one person at the desk...In the morning, I saw David again, Again he smile and wished me a pleasant journey home and asked if I needed anything before our long trip home.

Truly a great property with excellent staff & amenities. I will be recommending this hotel to everybody that wants to come to the area. The bus across the street to NYC makes it so convenient its not even funny! :) Great job Embassy Suites. Keep it up!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your input and are pleased that David and Carmen provided friendly service during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were 3 families using the Embassy Suites as our "home base" during a very quick 3 day trip to New York City on our way to our vacation condos in Virginia Beach.

We all had different reservations (in fact 2 families had a total of 4 since we had added a night stay)

The check in process was very smooth. Our rooms were excellent and once again with the layout of Embassy Suites were very quiet at night.

The Managers cocktail was once again appreciated on our first night, The bartender gave us a good recommendation for dinner later - cheeseburger in paradise - thank you for that.

Breakfast each morning was really good. Lots of options and the lines were never too long.

The bus to NYC comes right outside the hotel door....and it is one of the first stops so you are almost guaranteed to get a seat on the bus....further along hotels you risked standing on the bus.

We are returning to NYC in December to take a cruise and had previously booked a different hotel for our stay before the cruise. We will now be looking to switch to this hotel because we really enjoyed our stay. Just have to find the right rate!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vroom_Craig

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in providing quality and comfortable accommodations at a great value. We are so happy that you were able to experience all that we have to offer and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for business, and I found it to be very pleasant, from arranging reservations through my stay. I coordinated a block of rooms for my colleagues, and everyone who helped me at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. When I checked in myself, I was given a room on the top floor, near the elevator (not my favorite location), but when I went into my room, there was a *huge* plate of cheese and crackers and a glass of wine waiting for me. I guess because I had coordinated the group reservation? Whatever the reason, it was a really nice gesture and made me feel welcome.
I didn't spend much time in the hotel, since I was so busy working, but I did use the gym once, which was perfectly adequate and clean, and I ate breakfast quickly one morning, which was fine.

The hotel itself was undergoing some work, so it smelled like paint in the hallways, which isn't a negative for me, but could be annoying for some people.

The hotel is located at the Meadowlands area, right near office complexes and a ton of (mostly) chain restaurants. This turned out to be a good thing, because I could just walk out of the hotel for dinner, or take a 2 minute walk to Starbucks in the morning. The area is very accessible, since it's right next to the NJ Turnpike.

My only gripes, and they are small, were that my keycard kept failing, and it took me about 20 tries to get into my room one time. They re-keyed my card once, but that didn't seem to help too much. Also, there were a lot of kids at this hotel, which I understand because it's travel season, but it made evenings a bit hectic, as there were a lot of little ones running around en route to the pool. Definitely not a bad thing, just not as peaceful as some other hotels I've visited for business. But that's not something I would fault the hotel for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel from your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future should your travels bring you back to the Meadowlands area.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with any future travel plans.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This embassy suites is in a great location and is very clean.

The staff is typical of Hilton staff members. Nice but short.

The morning breakfast is plentiful and well stocked.

Trying to get the maid service to speed up is difficult and non ESL.

I've never paid less than $200 a night for this location due to proximity to NYC.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Letty D

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will address the issues you faced during your stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

As my family reunion planner and organizer I contracted with this hotel months prior to our July 2012 family reunion. I selected this hotel based on the rate, location, hotel and room ammendites and of course the positive reviews I read on Tripadvisor. As time went on I continued to read reviews on this hotel and started to get a little nervous because the review were starting to get a little negative and a few poor ratings. After much praying and communicating with the hotel staff, they assured me I made the right decision and they will live up to their promises for a pleasant stay for my family. We (husband and two teenaged kids) arrive a day early and a few hours earlier to check in. The front desk staff was very accommodating. Although our room was not ready and breakfast was over, the hotel manager made sure the food staff allowed us to eat breakfast and he stored our luggage in one of admin. offices. The front desk staff informed us about the bus service across the street and the stores/resturants nearby, all within walking distance. Once our room was ready we were extremely satisfied with it. Very clean and well appointed. Everything about the hotel was very very nice. I dont have one complaint what so ever!
The food was good and warm, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly etc. The banquet room area fitted our needs. They even orderd black cloth napkins to go with our banquet color scheme! Jasmine in Hospitality is a jewel. She made sure I was satisfied before and after our function.
I plan to stay at this Embassy Suites again when visiting NYC. Some of my family members said they will too......and we are picky people!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent patronage to our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all we have to offer. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and are trilled to have done so with you. We look forward to your return and the pleasure of your company.