Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Wildwood, New Jersey
“WoW!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is my first time here at The Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ. Despite some hick-ups this will most likely not be my last. The staff at the hotel was absolutely wonderful. On Sunday when I arrived my room was ready early and I was allowed to check in. I was checked in with a wonderful smile and a warm welcome from Carmen & David. They had informed me that the water would be shut off due to an emergency repair. They were super friendly about the situation, made a few jokes about it but most importantly made me feel at ease and less stressed about the situation. Realizing that it was not there direct fault (at least i'm assuming) choose for it not ruin my trip. I got up to my room and the sofa bed was broken. I was moved immediately and given a friendly jester of compensation for both inconveniences. The breakfast was great and the cook was extremely friendly. When my family and I came back for the evening after the water was shut off I was greeted again with a warm smile by a new person at the desk. Seemed oddly enough that with an event of no water there was only one person at the desk...In the morning, I saw David again, Again he smile and wished me a pleasant journey home and asked if I needed anything before our long trip home.

Truly a great property with excellent staff & amenities. I will be recommending this hotel to everybody that wants to come to the area. The bus across the street to NYC makes it so convenient its not even funny! :) Great job Embassy Suites. Keep it up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your input and are pleased that David and Carmen provided friendly service during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Pinal Frank

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were 3 families using the Embassy Suites as our "home base" during a very quick 3 day trip to New York City on our way to our vacation condos in Virginia Beach.

We all had different reservations (in fact 2 families had a total of 4 since we had added a night stay)

The check in process was very smooth. Our rooms were excellent and once again with the layout of Embassy Suites were very quiet at night.

The Managers cocktail was once again appreciated on our first night, The bartender gave us a good recommendation for dinner later - cheeseburger in paradise - thank you for that.

Breakfast each morning was really good. Lots of options and the lines were never too long.

The bus to NYC comes right outside the hotel door....and it is one of the first stops so you are almost guaranteed to get a seat on the bus....further along hotels you risked standing on the bus.

We are returning to NYC in December to take a cruise and had previously booked a different hotel for our stay before the cruise. We will now be looking to switch to this hotel because we really enjoyed our stay. Just have to find the right rate!!!!!

1 Thank Vroom_Craig
Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in providing quality and comfortable accommodations at a great value. We are so happy that you were able to experience all that we have to offer and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for business, and I found it to be very pleasant, from arranging reservations through my stay. I coordinated a block of rooms for my colleagues, and everyone who helped me at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. When I checked in myself, I was given a room on the top floor, near the elevator (not my favorite location), but when I went into my room, there was a *huge* plate of cheese and crackers and a glass of wine waiting for me. I guess because I had coordinated the group reservation? Whatever the reason, it was a really nice gesture and made me feel welcome.
I didn't spend much time in the hotel, since I was so busy working, but I did use the gym once, which was perfectly adequate and clean, and I ate breakfast quickly one morning, which was fine.

The hotel itself was undergoing some work, so it smelled like paint in the hallways, which isn't a negative for me, but could be annoying for some people.

The hotel is located at the Meadowlands area, right near office complexes and a ton of (mostly) chain restaurants. This turned out to be a good thing, because I could just walk out of the hotel for dinner, or take a 2 minute walk to Starbucks in the morning. The area is very accessible, since it's right next to the NJ Turnpike.

My only gripes, and they are small, were that my keycard kept failing, and it took me about 20 tries to get into my room one time. They re-keyed my card once, but that didn't seem to help too much. Also, there were a lot of kids at this hotel, which I understand because it's travel season, but it made evenings a bit hectic, as there were a lot of little ones running around en route to the pool. Definitely not a bad thing, just not as peaceful as some other hotels I've visited for business. But that's not something I would fault the hotel for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel from your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future should your travels bring you back to the Meadowlands area.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with any future travel plans.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This embassy suites is in a great location and is very clean.

The staff is typical of Hilton staff members. Nice but short.

The morning breakfast is plentiful and well stocked.

Trying to get the maid service to speed up is difficult and non ESL.

I've never paid less than $200 a night for this location due to proximity to NYC.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Letty D
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will address the issues you faced during your stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and hope to welcome you back in the future.

charleston
Reviewed August 14, 2012

As my family reunion planner and organizer I contracted with this hotel months prior to our July 2012 family reunion. I selected this hotel based on the rate, location, hotel and room ammendites and of course the positive reviews I read on Tripadvisor. As time went on I continued to read reviews on this hotel and started to get a little nervous because the review were starting to get a little negative and a few poor ratings. After much praying and communicating with the hotel staff, they assured me I made the right decision and they will live up to their promises for a pleasant stay for my family. We (husband and two teenaged kids) arrive a day early and a few hours earlier to check in. The front desk staff was very accommodating. Although our room was not ready and breakfast was over, the hotel manager made sure the food staff allowed us to eat breakfast and he stored our luggage in one of admin. offices. The front desk staff informed us about the bus service across the street and the stores/resturants nearby, all within walking distance. Once our room was ready we were extremely satisfied with it. Very clean and well appointed. Everything about the hotel was very very nice. I dont have one complaint what so ever!
The food was good and warm, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly etc. The banquet room area fitted our needs. They even orderd black cloth napkins to go with our banquet color scheme! Jasmine in Hospitality is a jewel. She made sure I was satisfied before and after our function.
I plan to stay at this Embassy Suites again when visiting NYC. Some of my family members said they will too......and we are picky people!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent patronage to our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all we have to offer. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and are trilled to have done so with you. We look forward to your return and the pleasure of your company.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we have stayed in embassy suites and hilton hotels all over canada and the US and this is the worse experience ever. The king size mattress was old and sunk in the middle so that my wife and i had to sleep almost on top of each other. The pull out couch was old as was the furniture. not enough seats for breakfast. long lineups for buffet breakfast. you only get 1 drink during the managers reception and the snacks are nacho chips and salsa. and $14.95 a day for wifi? what? really? I would never stay at this location ever again and would not recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am very dissapointed that we did not meet your expectations. My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. Please know that your comments and concerns are being shared with the staff and management of our hotel.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the comfortable accommodations and unsurpassed service we offer. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you to the Meadowlands area and I will personally make your future reservations.

Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Was told when we made the reservation...we would have 2 queens and a pull out. Upon check in...found out only double beds - no queens. Would never have booked it if i was told they had double beds! Front desk said oh well. Take it or leave it. The rooms are old, moldy, and the sofa bed was so bad that the kids fell in between the springs! Shocking for a Hilton property!

On a positive note, the lobby was beautiful and the breakfast was GREAT!

Good luck!

1 Thank kbamomofthree
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us as it is this information which allows us to better serve our guests. Please be assured that all of your comments are being shared with the entire management team of our hotel and the areas of concern are being addressed.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how much pride we take in everything we do in an effort to provide unsurpassed service to all of our guests.

Looking forward to serving you again in the future.