“Pleasant business hotel, good location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for business, and I found it to be very pleasant, from arranging reservations through my stay. I coordinated a block of rooms for my colleagues, and everyone who helped me at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. When I checked in myself, I was given a room on the top floor, near the elevator (not my favorite location), but when I went into my room, there was a *huge* plate of cheese and crackers and a glass of wine waiting for me. I guess because I had coordinated the group reservation? Whatever the reason, it was a really nice gesture and made me feel welcome.
I didn't spend much time in the hotel, since I was so busy working, but I did use the gym once, which was perfectly adequate and clean, and I ate breakfast quickly one morning, which was fine.

The hotel itself was undergoing some work, so it smelled like paint in the hallways, which isn't a negative for me, but could be annoying for some people.

The hotel is located at the Meadowlands area, right near office complexes and a ton of (mostly) chain restaurants. This turned out to be a good thing, because I could just walk out of the hotel for dinner, or take a 2 minute walk to Starbucks in the morning. The area is very accessible, since it's right next to the NJ Turnpike.

My only gripes, and they are small, were that my keycard kept failing, and it took me about 20 tries to get into my room one time. They re-keyed my card once, but that didn't seem to help too much. Also, there were a lot of kids at this hotel, which I understand because it's travel season, but it made evenings a bit hectic, as there were a lot of little ones running around en route to the pool. Definitely not a bad thing, just not as peaceful as some other hotels I've visited for business. But that's not something I would fault the hotel for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel from your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future should your travels bring you back to the Meadowlands area.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with any future travel plans.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This embassy suites is in a great location and is very clean.

The staff is typical of Hilton staff members. Nice but short.

The morning breakfast is plentiful and well stocked.

Trying to get the maid service to speed up is difficult and non ESL.

I've never paid less than $200 a night for this location due to proximity to NYC.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Letty D

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments and will address the issues you faced during your stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

As my family reunion planner and organizer I contracted with this hotel months prior to our July 2012 family reunion. I selected this hotel based on the rate, location, hotel and room ammendites and of course the positive reviews I read on Tripadvisor. As time went on I continued to read reviews on this hotel and started to get a little nervous because the review were starting to get a little negative and a few poor ratings. After much praying and communicating with the hotel staff, they assured me I made the right decision and they will live up to their promises for a pleasant stay for my family. We (husband and two teenaged kids) arrive a day early and a few hours earlier to check in. The front desk staff was very accommodating. Although our room was not ready and breakfast was over, the hotel manager made sure the food staff allowed us to eat breakfast and he stored our luggage in one of admin. offices. The front desk staff informed us about the bus service across the street and the stores/resturants nearby, all within walking distance. Once our room was ready we were extremely satisfied with it. Very clean and well appointed. Everything about the hotel was very very nice. I dont have one complaint what so ever!
The food was good and warm, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly etc. The banquet room area fitted our needs. They even orderd black cloth napkins to go with our banquet color scheme! Jasmine in Hospitality is a jewel. She made sure I was satisfied before and after our function.
I plan to stay at this Embassy Suites again when visiting NYC. Some of my family members said they will too......and we are picky people!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent patronage to our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all we have to offer. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and are trilled to have done so with you. We look forward to your return and the pleasure of your company.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

we have stayed in embassy suites and hilton hotels all over canada and the US and this is the worse experience ever. The king size mattress was old and sunk in the middle so that my wife and i had to sleep almost on top of each other. The pull out couch was old as was the furniture. not enough seats for breakfast. long lineups for buffet breakfast. you only get 1 drink during the managers reception and the snacks are nacho chips and salsa. and $14.95 a day for wifi? what? really? I would never stay at this location ever again and would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am very dissapointed that we did not meet your expectations. My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. Please know that your comments and concerns are being shared with the staff and management of our hotel.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the comfortable accommodations and unsurpassed service we offer. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you to the Meadowlands area and I will personally make your future reservations.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Was told when we made the reservation...we would have 2 queens and a pull out. Upon check in...found out only double beds - no queens. Would never have booked it if i was told they had double beds! Front desk said oh well. Take it or leave it. The rooms are old, moldy, and the sofa bed was so bad that the kids fell in between the springs! Shocking for a Hilton property!

On a positive note, the lobby was beautiful and the breakfast was GREAT!

Good luck!

1  Thank kbamomofthree

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us as it is this information which allows us to better serve our guests. Please be assured that all of your comments are being shared with the entire management team of our hotel and the areas of concern are being addressed.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how much pride we take in everything we do in an effort to provide unsurpassed service to all of our guests.

Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great location with bus across the street to take you to NYC and lots of stores/restaurants within walking distance. Very nice lobby/atrium area but rooms are a little worn/shabby. Decent enough though. Pretty spacious suite, big bedroom. Didn't try the sofa bed so can't comment on that. The continental breakfast was good but pretty crowded, but it was a Saturday morning so.......

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IngridPosse

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just finished our third stay here as a family. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Location is terrific if you don't mind driving into the city. Very adequate rooms. Breakfast nice, but they do get overwhelmed when too many people show up. Ran out of eggs & bacon (!) on our 3rd day, and we arrived a half-hour before closing. Seems like this should be something that's logistically easy to manage if it's your business! Got a room with included Wi-Fi... the whole family connected... an improvement over two years ago, when they would only allow one device. But get with the times, Wi-Fi should be free to all in this day and age! One of the three elevators was out of commission for the weekend, causing large back-ups... saw the same problem two years ago in a prior stay. But overall, it's a good place for a family and I would gladly return.

Room Tip: Don't expect great views. You can pay extra for a "City View," but there are hills be...