1,583 results
All reviewsevening receptionacross the streetthe busnew yorkomeletmade to order breakfastport authoritypancakesfree parkingliving roomtimes squareexpo centerfree breakfastinto nycnj transitpotatoesrestaurants within walking distance
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I wasn't sure what to think when my sister suggested that we save money and stay here rather than stay in the city. However, I was abundantly pleased when I walked into this spacious and clean hotel to find a pleasant staff and wonderful amenities. We arrived 3 hours before check in, so the front desk stored our bags; we changed in the restrooms and soon after, stepped out front of the hotel to board a bus to the city. The whole process was simple, convenient, and relaxing. After seeing a Broadway show, meeting friends for drinks and dinner, and walking around Times Square, we strolled back to Port Authority and took a bus back to the hotel.
Our room was a presidential suite ( a delightful upgrade) and all four of us slept well, enjoyed a marvelous free breakfast, and agreed that this is the right way to go to NYC.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
pinalfrank, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Hello LauraWashingtonDC,

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad you selected the Embassy Suites Hotel Meadowlands - Secaucus during your recent visit to the New York City area. Your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Pinal Frank

Reviewed May 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week as an alternative to a New York City hotel. We regularly travel to New York and chose to stay at the embassy suites primarily for the room size and the good bus links. The hotel and its staff were excellent. The rooms were very spacious and clean, there was plenty on offer at breakfast and the amenities were faultless. The only slight complaint was that the shower wasn't as hot as we would have liked, and at times it was just about bearable, but everything else outweighed this. The bus was very reliable and easy to use. The 320 stops right outiside the hotel and a return ticket is $7.90. The journey never took more than 25 minutes, was very regular and only made one stop at a park and ride before it arrived at Port Authority in NYC. We arrived at the hotel at the check-in time (we used Secaucus taxi's from Newark airport for $26.90 per trip) and the room was just finished being cleaned, the staff couldn't have been more apologetic and gave us a complimentary drink in the bar whilst we waited. The hotel arranged a taxi to the airport for us and we were able to check-in and print out our boarding passes in reception free of charge. There was plenty of places to eat around the hotel and we were able to get a 15% discount at Houlighans by picking up a flyer in reception and showing our room key. It's definitely worth staying outside of the city for the room size, service, friendly staff and not being expected to tip every member of staff that you make eye-contact with (we did tip the maid, bartender and omelette cook at breakfast!). The complimentary evening drink and happy hour is a nice touch, and the bar was a nice to sit in and relax before heading off to bed after a busy day in the city. The hotel has a nice relaxed atmosphere and was fairly quiet during the week, with most of the guests appearing to be cabin crew. I would definitely recommend using this hotel, and people shouldn't be put off by having to use the bus to get in and out of New York everyday.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittleMoll

Hello LittleMoll,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. My sincerest apologies for the hot water situation during your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Pinal Frank

Reviewed April 13, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel for several trips to NYC and enjoyed my stay each time. The cost is so much more reasonable than in the city, and the local NJTransit bus (320, frequent and very comfortable) provides a fast and safe way to get to the city each day. The rooms are larger than what you'd find in the city, and the beds are heavenly (although the pull-out sofa is iffy... some of them need to be replaced). The breakfast has been consistently good and varied - great way to start the day. I didn't noticed the wear that others have mentioned in recent reviews (except with the pull-out sofas). There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance (Outback, Red Lobster, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Burger King, and others), and a Wal-Mart nearby. Convenient, great value, bigger rooms, good for families - just a all-around great choice for visiting the city on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Embassysecaucus, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2011

Thank you very much for your input. We appreciate your business.

Betty Martinez

Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stay at many Hilton properties and this was terrible. I usually overlook the small things but there were too many issues.
Front desk only knew 2 places that delivered food.
The first room on the 8th floor (Hilton gold member) smelled terrible. It smelled like mildew/mold. They changed the room to the room next door and it equally smelly and dirty.
Room service took over an hour and and I requested no salt on the fries and they said it could be done. The fries were covered in sea salt. Then found hair on the plate!
There is visible dust in the bedroom. Took photos but don't know how to post them.
This place is very outdated.
If this place was 100.00 I wouldnt stay here but at 200.00, it's a rip off.
Hope this review reads well since I don't think I can preview it on my iPhone and auto correct.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Very Nice, well kept Hotel. Its in a great location with plenty of restaurants in the area. It also has a Walmart, and Sams Club right next door, in case you need to stock up on some goodies will you are on your trip.

Its easily accessibility from the Lincoln Tunnel, so you can avoid alot of the Traffic.

As a bus driver, this is Huge.

I have no complaints from this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business