Courtyard by Marriott Secaucus Meadowlands
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Meadowlands River Inn(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
$131
Hotels.com
$160
  • Breakfast included
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
$109
$95
$119
$128
$119
$142
$161
Residence Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)
$219
$175
Residence Inn
$109
La Quinta
$125
All reviewsport authorityfree parkingthe buswithin walking distanceacross the streetoutback restaurantinto nyclincoln tunnelnew yorkbuffalo wild wingstimes squarewould stay here againhotel is locatedhotel is cleanearly checkrooms are niceconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed near NYC many times and this was probably the best location. The Courtyard is in an area with shopping, restaurants and public transit. The bus shelter was right outside, which took you to the port authority in NYC, saving you 13 dollar toll, traffic in the Lincoln tunnel, and parking of around 50 in the city. A round trip ticket was 7 dollars. The rooms at this hotel are large, clean and comfortable, unlike the cramped courtyard in midtown Manhattan. Save money, time, and effort by staying here rather than in NYC. The only downfall is that the traffic on the first day of our stay into the city was jammed and our bus took 1 hour to get what should have take 15 min., but the bus was nice, so I can't complain.

Room Tip: Get adjoining room for kids.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for twelve nights while teaching a course in New York City. This place seemed very difficult to find, even with a very good GPS. We were paying appx. $230 a night for a "standard room." The room was clean and comfortable and the rate did include free parking in their garage. Still, for that rate, I expected much more. The room did not have a microwave or fridge in it, which is standard at a Hilton Garden Inn (which is what this property should be comparable to).The room had a coffee maker, but who really enjoys hotel room coffee? Apparently they are working on such a tight profit margin at these (and much higher) rates, they couldn't even put out a large coffee carafe for their guests at any time of the day. Breakfast was available for purchase at an overpriced bistro, but the tight profit margin kept them from setting out brown-bag to-go breakfasts like one finds at Hampton Inns. The ceiling light in my bathroom started making a very high pitched, very loud sound on my second night there. I reported it to the front desk and they first asked if I wanted another room...they would upgrade me to a suite. "Oops, sorry, no suites are available right now, we'll send the engineer up tomorrow." He arrived, replaced a part in the light and assured me that it would not be making that noise again. The following night it started again and the following day I again reported it to the front desk. There was no offer of an upgrade, but they did move me to the room adjacent to my original one. Adjacent to the hotel is an Outback Steakhouse and a Carraba's and their are other places to eat a short walk away. Overall, the hotel was a decent place to eat, but it was overpriced for the amenities that they provided.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick D
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is what you would expect from a Courtyard. It is clean and the rooms are good size. It has plenty of parking onsite and there are many restaurants within walking distance. It is part of a large shopping complex called Harmon Meadow. It is a little noisy from the parking garage side but not too terrible. I did try to make a change to my reservation and I was transferred several times between the front desk, reservations, and the front desk again. They need to work on that part of customer service but overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a very good experience with the Courtyard. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. I was very appreciative of a special check in request that was easily accommodated. This is a great NJ hotel for easily visiting NYC. The only negative was that there was only one elevator for 7 floors working.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My sons and I spent three nights at this hotel, using it solely as a place to sleep while visiting NYC. The location was ideal, being right across the street from the bus that takes you right into Times Square. The room was clean, although a bit small. No breakfast was included, but then again that's the case in all Courtyard hotels by Marriott so I'm not sure why people are surprised by this. We brought our own beverages for the mini fridge as well as Pop Tarts and snacks, which was all we needed. The elevators were very slow but since we were on the second floor, we just used the steps. We stayed here because I had enough Marriott points to stay for free, so it was well worth it. Not sure I would choose this hotel if I actually had to pay for it, though.

Room Tip: Stay on lower floor in case elevators are slow or not working.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family