Stayed here for five nights and found it to be a very good place.
The train from Penn station to Secaucus Junction station takes 10 minutes and costs $4, this is very frequent and can be checked on njtransit.com. It is a 20 minute walk to the hotel, if you don't feel like walking you can get the hotel shuttle in either direction. If you need to get there outside of the shuttle operating times a cab will cost you $8, provided you go with Secaucus taxi service, on arrival I was charged $14 by a different cab company from the station.
The hotel itself was very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The suite was well equipped with cooking utensils etc, microwave fridge/freezer, even if the fridge was a bit noisy. There is a guest laundry free of charge and well equipped. If you want to go shopping in Secaucus the hotel shuttle will drop you off, there is an outlet centre close by and a walmart. Overall if you are looking for a budget alternative to cramped New York hotels this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Hotel Secaucus Jersey City New York City Area. The Candlewood Suites Secaucus - Jersey City hotel is a member of Priority Club and the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites hotels. Specialized in extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is perfect for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary and corporate housing needs. The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located near NJ TNPK exit 15X, I-95 & Route 3. Our location offers near access to Newark, Jersey City and New York City. The Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel is minutes from Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place, Newport Financial Center, Harmon Meadows Outlet Shopping, Panasonic, Meadowlands Xanadu, Izod Center, MLB Networks, UPS, Javits Center, Newark EWR Airport (15 miles) and Secaucus Train Station (5 minutes).The Candlewood Suites offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio and one bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work area, 32' LCD TVs with DVD player and free Internet. Other features include meeting room, 24-hour business center, free laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard with grills and our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Secaucus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Secaucus Hotel Secaucus
- Secaucus Candlewood Suites