“Overcooked fish, syrupy sauces”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Secaucus
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Most of the sauces offered for the seafood entrees are overly sweet and seem to be based on corn syrup. Ugh. Perhaps this is to disguise that most of the fish is overcooked and dry. The "kobe" beef appetizer was just greasy. And the house salad sounded good: hearts of palm, olives, and tomatoes. What they didn't mention was a fistful of pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds) on top, which just didn't blend in at all.

If you must go here (some family members love it), stick to the fish and chips, which are simple and tasty. The burger is also acceptable. But most of the menu is pretentious, over-complicated, and poorly cooked. Ugh.

There are newer reviews for Bonefish Grill

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Food was very good and a good value. Service was very good.
Parking was a little rough as the parking lot in front of the restaurant was full and the parking garage in back of the resturant was a little difficult to find.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Happy Hour deals ($5.)..or half price drinks. Appetizer deals were enough for my dinner!! I'd never been to a Bonefish Grille, wow, I'm impressed!!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was planning a dinner out for my mom's birthday and I was trying my best to keep things in order, but it did not work out that way. First of all we had a large party and secondly for the last 48 hours leading up to the event, the numbers kept fluctruating. We were a hostess' nightmare. Enter Ms. Debra, who after a brief hold told us that she could accommodate our party on a Saturday night, giving us a choice of time; not 4pm, not 9:30pm....an actual time when ppl actually eat dinner. So the reservations were set for 23 at 6pm, then on the day of the event (after 5 ppl cancelled on me, then said never mind they were coming, a sick call and 4 new ppl to the party), Ms. Debra called that morning to confirm the reservation and I had to tell her it was increased to 26. She took the news gracefully, but I could tell I was stressing her. After finally travelling to NJ from NY and arriving to our location (25 minutes late, mind you)....we were all there...all 28 of us!! En route, I was informed that there were 2 additional children with us and now I had to face Ms. Debra. At this point, I was ready to eat in my car for the humiliation. Once again, she took it with grace and squeezed two seats into our already Walton Family-sized table and we were seated.
Let me say this much....my family and I love Bonefish Grill since going there over a year ago. We have been to locations in South NJ and North Carolina. We make it a point, when we are travelling to find one. The reasons are the customer service and the food. Their food is absolutely delicious without a doubt, but their customer service makes the entire dinner wonderfully eventful and enjoyable! This was the largest party I ever dined with (and the last time I do this!!), but I do believe that it could not have happened any smoother at another restaurant. Every single person in our party had nothing but good things to say about their meal and the service. When I receive excellent service, I believe it is my duty to let everyone know and I wanted to share what I already knew about Bonefish Grill. Ms. Debra....THANK YOU and I am so sorry I stressed you!!!! My family will come out and see you again soon, but this time it's only a table for five!!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We are New Yorkers who met friends for dinner in N.J. at this fish chain restaurant. I think that many restaurants can be "average" but, in my opinion, a fish restaurant which is "average" is much more difficult to enjoy. I had never been here but heard a lot about their "Bang Bang Shrimp" appetizer and indeed I did order it. It was O.K. - the shrimp themselves had little taste but they were lightly battered and fried and had a tasty enough sauce on them. But my entree really fell flat. I love shrimp and ordered the grilled shrimp and sea scallops. I selected the pan asian sauce to go on it. I have never eaten at a Red Lobster restaurant but this dish tasted what I imagined a Red Lobster dish would taste like. The scallops were all right but the shrimp, again, had no taste and the sauce was thin and not very good. Two of the people I was with ordered the pecan crusted trout and they enjoyed their dish. What we all loved was the key lime pie that we shared for dessert.
That wouldn't be enough to get me to return.