“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
London, United Kingdom
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my brief stay at this Hotel due to the friendliness and genuine approachability of the staff. They made my stay very personable, especially Oliver although I feel bad singling anyone out, and I would highly recommend staying here. The room itself was clean and had everything you need whilst the location is ideal to get in and out of the City.
If I'm ever back in the area I'll be sure to stay here and would again like to thank the staff for being so hospitable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 1972UKtraveller
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We value your opinion so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you submitted.
One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands takes pride in creating a exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. If I can be of further assistance to you, please contact me directly at 201-617-1711.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel facilities and location very ideal. Spacious rooms, amenities and clean washroom.
The situation is different with reception office staff, initially on check-in they blatantly told us we were at the wrong hotel (though I was sure it wasnt the case) and no reservation can be found. When I pushed back, they double-checked and checked us in..no sorry. We asked for local maps, bus timings/bus stop location to NYC etc. We received bad response again. Me and my family had to go to a nearby hotel and they helped us with maps, but stops etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Binoy N
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Here are all the things that are wrong :

We came for a late check in. The guy at the front desk was also the guy doing laundry at the back, so it seemed like right off the bat they're understaffed to handle late comers.

They charge an extra $20 per night if you want two double beds instead of one king bed. We've never heard of this before at any hotels we've stayed at previously but let's move on.

When we first called in they stayed that there would be one king bed.

Upon arriving to check in they rephrased their previous words to one queen bed.

Finally at the room, it turns out there is only one double bed. See how the one bed became smaller and smaller?

The radiator is rattling and emits a burning smell as if there's a dead rat inside of it

The door handle on the washroom fell off when we tried to open the washroom door

There was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion provided as in other hotels

The internet is meant for slow Web browsing only. Even sending instant messages might get canceled or delayed. If you want anything faster they charge you for better Internet.

The service was rude and slow at the front desk.

This is a two star hotel at most. There are inns and microtels that offer far superior customer service and amenities to this crap

I don't understand how they could win a trip advisor award at all. Clearly the quality had deteriorated since 2012.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Joannacg
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the best extended stay hotel that I have stayed in. Its clean and front desk is very helpful as well. The rooms are spacious, the washrooms are clean and the best part is it is just 15 mins drive from Times Square. The only thing that they need to improve is the breakfast, it should be little better.
Rest everything is great with hotel and if I come again to New York I will stay at the same place again.

• Stayed August 2013
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week in May 2013 with my mum. As we were late to start looking for hotels, most reasonably-priced hotels in or around Manhattan seemed to be fully booked, leaving only the overpriced hotels available.

The hotel is in an excellent location, only 15 minutes from Port Authority, with buses just outside taking you to and from Manhattan every half hour for only a couple of dollars.

Front desk staff were very helpful, rooms were very reasonably priced and very clean. Our room had a kitchen and two queen sized beds, which was ideal for my mother and I. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom basic but more than adequate and the size of the rooms was good too.

I was really pleased with this find and didn't regret for one minute not being in Manhattan itself.

Dinner options could be found at the nearby Meadowlands centre or in the room you'll find a 'room service' menu, great for pizza etc. The meals are delivered by an external company.

Breakfast was a 'grab and go' option: muffins, oatmeal, coffee, tea and cereal bars. I hadn't read about this prior to going, so was slightly disappointed, but I'm sure it was adequate for most people including my mum, but I happen to have a big breakfast appetite, so ended up buying some prepacked croissants at the Port Authority every day, ready for next day's breakfast. Really not making a big deal out of this; it is what it is and if you know what to expect, it's not a problem at all.

There's an outside courtyard with lovely seats. During our stay the weather was gorgeous so we would often sit here upon our return from Manhattan to rest our feet and catch our breath. Really lovely space to relax in and very unexpected.

So all in all, great stay, polite and helpful staff, clean rooms, quiet surroundings (nearby motorway wasn't a problem) and felt we got great value for money.

Room Tip: Although for us it wasn't a problem at all, if you're a very very light sleeper, you may wis...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boucherville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very clean. Easy access. Easy to go to NYC... just park in Secaucus (rear of Post Office, 0,25$/hr) and take New Jersey Transit bus 190. Would do it again. Front desk people didn't know about that alternative.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Guy - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about how clean our hotel is and the easy access to the city. Additionally, thank you for the alternative option our guests can utilize when traveling in to the city.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at Sem@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay America. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I consider it a good deal for a hotel that is about 10-15 minutes away from Manhattan (by car). However, the breakfast was very limited (oatmeal, coffee, tea, bars, apples and oranges). I was quite disappointed with the breakfast but I did not let that ruin my vacation. If you do not have an appetite in the morning or do not mind having very little options for breakfast then I would recommend this hotel. A good deal compared to other hotels in Manhattan !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was happy to read that your stay was pleasant in reference to our location to Manhattan and overall accommodations. However, I do apologize our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to it in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at wsu@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.