Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very clean. Easy access. Easy to go to NYC... just park in Secaucus (rear of Post Office, 0,25$/hr) and take New Jersey Transit bus 190. Would do it again. Front desk people didn't know about that alternative.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Guy - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about how clean our hotel is and the easy access to the city. Additionally, thank you for the alternative option our guests can utilize when traveling in to the city.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at Sem@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay America. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I consider it a good deal for a hotel that is about 10-15 minutes away from Manhattan (by car). However, the breakfast was very limited (oatmeal, coffee, tea, bars, apples and oranges). I was quite disappointed with the breakfast but I did not let that ruin my vacation. If you do not have an appetite in the morning or do not mind having very little options for breakfast then I would recommend this hotel. A good deal compared to other hotels in Manhattan !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was happy to read that your stay was pleasant in reference to our location to Manhattan and overall accommodations. However, I do apologize our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to it in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at wsu@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Not until we arrived, we realised, that this is not a normal hotel, but as the name says - for extended stays, but everything was perfect! Better explanations about the bus to NY would have benne nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jens H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with such a perfect stay at our hotel. The staff and I truly enjoyed attending to your needs and we hope to do so again in the future!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stay with this chain at least once a year. They always provide good value and the staff are usually top flight. At this location, the term would be *always* top flight. The front desk personnel take ownership of their jobs & their facility, genuinely caring about do their very best for guests and _voluntarily_ going *way* beyond simply 'good' service. I much prefer this sincere commitment to their clientèle over a mint on the pillow. One *does* have to work a bit to secure public transportation and the accommodations, however comfortable, are Motel standard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. I am delighted to read your remarks about exceptional staff and how they continue to go above and beyond to meet all of our guests, including yours. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will be bringing your comments about the public transportation opportunity of securing better transportation to better suit the needs of our guest. Thank you for this comment.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at SEM@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Got this Hotel as a deal on priceline for a very good price at that time. The hotel itself is quite good..nice bed and the staff was really good. However, there are no good public transport options during the weekends near to the Hotel. If you have a car, then I think this is a great economical place to stay

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nixforfun
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights and three days. Nicole and the front desk was very nice and helpful. My room was very nice with a great bed and fast Wifi. The bathroom had a lot of little hairs everywhere, but I didn't let that destroy my stay. Overall is was an enjoyable stay, and when work brings me back to NYC I will try to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dru - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the bathroom in your room was unclean when you checked-in to our hotel. I am so sorry for this issue, but happy to hear that the staff provided you with such great service, especially Nicole.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I would suggest this hotel for families and business. my family and I stayed here relocating from Atlanta,GA, for a week, and the overall experience was great. The staff was more than accommodating. The river out back was beautiful to go out and watch the sunset. The rooms were clean and that kitchenette is priceless when relocating a family of six. They make up in customer service for some of the amenities they lack, such as a pool and gym facility.

I would definitely come back and recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. They tend to have 2 windows, which provides more ventilation for...