“Good Hotel..not close to public transport”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Got this Hotel as a deal on priceline for a very good price at that time. The hotel itself is quite good..nice bed and the staff was really good. However, there are no good public transport options during the weekends near to the Hotel. If you have a car, then I think this is a great economical place to stay

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nixforfun

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights and three days. Nicole and the front desk was very nice and helpful. My room was very nice with a great bed and fast Wifi. The bathroom had a lot of little hairs everywhere, but I didn't let that destroy my stay. Overall is was an enjoyable stay, and when work brings me back to NYC I will try to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dru - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the bathroom in your room was unclean when you checked-in to our hotel. I am so sorry for this issue, but happy to hear that the staff provided you with such great service, especially Nicole.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I would suggest this hotel for families and business. my family and I stayed here relocating from Atlanta,GA, for a week, and the overall experience was great. The staff was more than accommodating. The river out back was beautiful to go out and watch the sunset. The rooms were clean and that kitchenette is priceless when relocating a family of six. They make up in customer service for some of the amenities they lack, such as a pool and gym facility.

I would definitely come back and recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. They tend to have 2 windows, which provides more ventilation for...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travinsa C

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that the staff took great care of you and your family. As well, I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed our river view and your room, especially the in-room kitchen. It is great that this feature was a great addition to your stay!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Decent place to stay.
Breakfast on the go was a surprise...food provided on a small table with a few shelves. It would have been nice if they had served some hot items esp. on chilly days.
However, decent room with a nice kitchenette.
Wi-fi was good.
On weekdays you can take NJ Transit bus 129 from NYC which will bring you right in front of the hotel. For other needs, you need to walk 10-15 mins...
Overall, good experience

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast and our well equipped in-room kitchens. As well, I am glad that you found the bus stop located in front of the hotel to be convenient.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

In Short Staff excellent, property gets a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. Breakfast is not worth them serving id rather bring my own granola bar and make my own weak instant coffee (economy doesnt define it on the breakfast served). Rooms clean and up to standards no problems here. Kitchennete clean. Beds too small - make sure you call and get a king if you want one we were put on a double bed after being promised a king. AC and Heat worked fine so they get a check mark here. No service for sheet changes or towels anytime during our 3 day stay but it might be normal at extended stay americas not sure - we didnt mind this. If you arent looking for a deal and would be willing to part with $150 a night I believe you might find better service eslewhere. WiFI excellent and staff right through were very helpful well dressed and superbly polite.

Room Tip: Call make sure its a king,
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CanadaDos

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is a new feature for our hotel, so as we make improvements to it, we will keep your feedback in mind. Still, we are happy to know that you truly enjoyed the friendliness of our staff and your clean room.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

After traveling all day, my family and I were worn out. We missed the exit for our intended hotel and stumbled upon this one. My husband and I decided to see if they had a room available and as luck would have it, they had just had a cancellation. The night clerk was a lovely gentleman by the name of Vladimir. He was very friendly and made sure we had all that we needed. The room was spotless, there were plenty of towels, and the beds were quite comfortable. Of all the hotls we stayed in during our vacation, this was the best.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that our staff members took great care of you and this was the best hotel you stayed at during your trip. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staying at the Extended Stay America Hotel in Medowlands, Secaucus was an extremely comfortable and affordable hotel experience. The room with a kitchen was necessary for our dietary needs. The bus to NYC stopped in front of our hotel during the week, but not on weekends. The only issue we had with the hotel was no ice and slow Internet service. Without a car, I would recommend staying at one of the other Extended Stay locations in the city that are within walking distance of shopping centers. Overall, our four day stay was wonderful and helped to make our vacation go exactly as planned.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi Shelley,

The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. We are happy we were able to accommodate you and meet your budget. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!