“Great location nice views great price!”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was at this hotel for a family trip with my husband and kids this hotel is kid and pet friendly nice area in the rear of hotel to barbecue and relax in the sun with ur pets price was great and location was perfect only 14 cab ride to train and 4 ride to the city I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat

• Stayed: July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location and the convenience of the BBQ area. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

It was a fabulous stay... All of the employees are very helpful, and like to make sure your stay is comfortable... Awesome view. And very clean environment. They were very sufficient in making sure that you have all of the amenities needed. Washroom, and helpful with driving directions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Hi Janessa,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. It's great to hear that the staff took good care of you and that everything was spotless in the room. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay in Secaucus and while I travel and have stayed at many different hotels from around the world, this was easily the best experience.

Just a couple of the main things which spring to mind:

The rooms were lovely, warm, very clean and quiet.

At the time we stayed, one of the staff passionately showed some pictures of the aspirational and considerable upgrades which were planned for the the weeks / months after I had been visiting there, so the place looks like it was going to look even better! - it struck me as amazing that this level of passion and pride for the hotel was across the board. Everyone was passionate and happy to talk about the goals of the hotel, to be the absolute best, and it really showed.

But what I was absolutely not expecting was the outstanding level of service. I will include some examples of how they had gone the extra mile.

The Manager reviews every guest and memorised everyone's name, researched them on social media so that they knew you before you even arrived, knew your room numbers and the duration of stay. He tries to do this for every single person. I was stunned.

Overnight, we had been out really late, (we arrived back around 2am) and I realised that I had a big presentation and was leaving in the morning at 6am.

One of the team had been supposed to close down the laundry, but she hand washed, ironed and quietly delivered to my room in the 4 hours between us coming back to the hotel, and me having to be dressed.

The manager (Yoel Cajiga) despite working a 6am - 7pm shift, drove all of the delegates to the conference centre from early morning. And whatever time we finished (including midnight and 2am sessions), he was happy to be called, and he would drive us all back again. He organised the Van for us, and was always immaculately dressed, and friendly, personable and professional.

What blew me away was that this was not just from the top, but every single staff member was the same level of professionalism, personality and (to me most importantly), a really genuine and friendly, authentic service.

In contrast we had stayed at another far more expensive hotel and while their service was polite in contrast it seemed shallow and superficial.

I will not be staying anywhere else if I am anywhere near New Jersey or New York. The hotel is an absolute credit to the chain, to the manager Yoel, and to the hard working and driven team members.

(This review was written by Jay Best but using his wife's profile)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had such an amazing stay with us. Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear that you appreciated everything, that the staff took wonderful care of you, and you felt the level of love and passion that we all have here for our property. I personally would love to thank you for mentioning my staff and myself. It was truly a pleasure to accommodate and assist you all any way we could.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently stayed for an extended time period at the Secaucus-Meadowlands Extended Stay America for a very pleasant, comfortable and fruitful experience. I was there to work. The booking was made easy. Manager Yoel made me feel at home even before I got there.

The room was very ample, clean and well equipped with amenities: flat screen t.v. / microwave /cabinets with plates and utensils, nice refrigerator, lots of drawers etc. The room service staff kept the rooms very clean and always had a nice word and a smile when passing by.

There is a clean laundry room and even breakfast goodies like fruit and cereal downstairs in the morning.

Most of all, the personnel were just great. Any questions were answered with a smile and the staff were knowledgeable on how to find things for work, dining or entertainment. These are some of the nice Extended Stay staff who were so helpful to me:

Manager Yoel, Vivian, Vladimir, Maylin, Nicole, Sean, Roberto, Niza, and Tanya.

Thank you and all the workers at Extended Stay America, Secaucus-Meadowlands. You really made me feel at home and as a result my work went well and I will be back there again in the future.

I would like to go back there again for non-work related reasons also because the hotel is located perfectly near highways, eating places, and very close to downtown Manhattan, with convenient and regular public transportation nearby. Also this is a perfect hotel location to hop over and see the Patriots in next year’s Super Bowl, just minutes away. I had to spoil the letter, didn’t I?

Roberto F

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was polite and helpful to you in every way. I am grateful that you were able to write such an extensive review and take the time to personally mention a few staff members.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Ive stay here at the Extended stay multiple times and may I say it's been the Best Service I've had in a long time...the Rooms are always up to par, clean and spotless!! The Customer service is excellent very polite and respectful! I recommend this Hotel to anyone here visiting either New Jersey or New York since its only a few mins away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here in the past month, this time 2 weeks. These people and this property are top notch! Everything in its place, close location to restaurants and shopping, very safe location. Outdoor grills by the river. As I said before there could be a few more TV channel's but I would drive out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff members were able to provide you with excellent service during both of your stays. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our BBQ grills and picnic area.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The staff is very friendly & helpful vivian & yoel really do go above & beyond to provide there guests with a very comfortable stay! The rooms are very clean & spacious! I will definetly stay here again & I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that the staff provided you with a clean and comfortable stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about Vivian and Yoel.