“A Must Stay When Visiting NYC Metro Area”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had family members visiting from California and we loved the room. The hotel decor is modern and contemporary. The beds, flat screen TV, furniture, and full kitchen looked new. The staff are friendly, professional, efficient and courteous. It is very close to Met Life Stadium and the IZOD Center. Shopping the Outlets in Secaucus or the malls in Paramus are minutes away. A bus to NYC stops right in front of the hotel. For the location and value I recommend all my friends and family stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our recent renovation was to your liking, it makes the hard work seem worth it! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I would defiantly stay here again and its very clean and would recommend this.place to buisnesses and friends.
Vladimir is a great GSR and will go out of his way to accommodate you.
This place will make you or your colleague's feel like they're at home. Nice kitchen, clean bathrooms and clean rooms.what more could you ask for?

Its also about a mile awayfrom shopping centers and great food places

• Stayed: November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear you felt that Vladimir went out of his way to assist you. We pride ourselves on the guest experience, clean rooms and excellent customer service and I really appreciate hearing that you had just that experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wrote the below to the manager of the hotel. It sums up my opinion of the hotel. His staff is equally pleasant and attentive. Everyone stayed calm during Hurricane Sandy, even when the parking lot and surrounding streets flooded.
"Thank you for following-up so promptly and correcting the account error. As I told you on the phone, when I say my stay has been uneventful - OK, with the exception of a hurricane - that is a good thing. The hotel is clean, well maintained, my room is quiet, and you the manager are obviously involved with it's smooth operation and you care about your guests. I travel quite often for business around the world. I've stayed in 5-star hotels and hotels that don't know what a star looks like. You run a great hotel and I believe would be a asset at any 5-star hotel you might set your sights on in the future."

Room Tip: All rooms are equal. The west facing rooms overlook the Hackensack River.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our property to be clean and well maintained. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I were in the NYC area for our 10th anniversary. When learning of this at check in, the manager, Yoel, upgraded us to a room that overlooked the water and Meadowlands stadium! The staff was extremely helpful in making sure we knew how to get around and the best way to get into the city. Yoel even shared with us his favorite local hangouts! The room was spacious, clean and had a great decor. When we come back, we will most certainly return to this Extended Stay America location!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney C

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm so pleased to hear that Yoel and the team were able to make your anniversary just a little more special by adding their touch to your experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is so conveniently located for a trip into NYC. On top of that the staff made us feel at home from the moment we walked in. We really enjoyed the picnic area on the river in back of the hotel. The sunsets were terrific and we enjoyed seeing the planes landing at Newark. I wi;; stay here again if I ever come back to the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that between our staff and property you felt at home, that’s certainly our goal! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is amazing! The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable. I travel a lot. This time I was looking for a hotel that included parking, wireless internet, and allowed pets. This location included all that and more. They allowed me to check in a little early due to the fact that my room was ready, which was amazing. The hotel staff was very helpful. I am not from the area and needed food. I was recommended to a wonderful Italian Restaurant that delivered to my room :). I missed the coffee that morning and the management team took it upon themselves to brew me some fresh coffee. I only stayed for three days and during check out I was asked if I needed a little more time to gather my belongings and officially check out. It was a pleasure to experience this above and beyond level of hospitality. The atmosphere is extremely positive. The amazing staff treats every guest amazing. They go above and beyond to ensure every guest has a hospitable experience. If you would like a hotel that is near NYC with a great amount of amenities, and priced very reasonable stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things I'm glad that you found your stay to be so enjoyable and it’s always excellent to hear when the team goes the extra mile. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I used to live as a child in Secaucus so this was sort of coming home for me. The area has changed from the days of having a farm across the street from my old house. The hotel met my needs in every way. Although my work schedule was changing sometimes weekly the staff made every effort to service my room as I needed. Whenever I had a question or request the staff was more than willing to assist me in whatever way they could. The hotel was going through it's renovation but everything was handled without any disruption to my stay. Even the crews doing the work was clean, neat & friendly. There are restaurants within a mile or two to handle just about every taste. If I return to the area I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for this review. We are always pleased to hear that not matter now much the area has changed we are able to make you feel at home at the Extended Stay America – Secaucus. Our renovation was certainly a big job so to hear that you weren’t disturbed during your stay AND to hear that the crew was friendly is certainly a pleasure, I will pass that along to our contractors. We hope next time you’re visiting home you can come “Home” and stay with us.