“Terrible experience”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Checked in late at night and nobody at the front desk. Someone doing the laundry eventually showed up after I had to call the front desk. I get the keys after the longest check-in ever and go to the room to find it stinks of cigarettes. I reserved a non-smoking room but did not get it. Of course it was the only room available, so I left and had to find a new hotel at 3:30 in the morning. Do not stay at this place!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. Given Extended Stay's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your experience wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.
I do appreciate the opportunity to reply to your concern. Unlike traditional hotels, many of our guests leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. Although we manage our hotel in such a way that is intended to account for these contingencies, in very rare cases it becomes difficult to ensure room availability. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. I can assure you that we do make every effort to honor your request and in almost every case we are able to do just that.
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Overall, a very disappointing stay.

Began with arriving early at the hotel (11AM). The room was ready but hotel policy dictates that you cannot check in before 3PM unless you pay early check-in fee of $50. Of course, I did not pay (who would) and waited until 3PM to get the room (which again, was just sitting there empty and ready).

Once in the room, couldn't help but be disappointed from the renovation. If this is how the room looks after renovation, I'm feel sorry for those who stayed there before the renovation. Not that the room wasn't clean, but just felt cheap.

Bottom line, if you're in town for just a night or two, pay the few extra bucks (which unfortunately I did not) and stay in a more classy hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.
While I get the impression from reading your survey that your room was, in fact, clean, I was sorry to read that you were not pleased with the improvements we recently made to our facility.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed from 17/08/2012, check in was a breeze, staff was friendly and welcoming. AS we opening the door to the room, the smelled stale and the bathroom smelled worse. The sheets looked as if they had not been changed as they had stains on them as well as the pillows. Asked for others sheets and we were advised of the extra sheets in the room that were not any different from the ones on bed

Day two: getting up to make our breakfast, The micro wave in the room did not work and one side of stove top was not functionally and to make it worse if you had the AC on, the other one as well was not functional, called the front desk more than 3 times, the third time they advised us that they would send someone to look into the matter, but no one came to check on anything. I went down to the front desk 6 hours later and was advised the same thing

Day three: all the problems from day two were still the same, at which point we decided to leave the hotel and checked into another hotel

My overall experience, totally disappointed and would never stay at the hotel ever again

Only pro about staying at the hotel was the drive to NY, so close, other than that not worth the money at all

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank farmuts
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have stayed in this location 3 times in the recent past and the staff there has been professional and courteous. The location is convenient and the price is extremely competitive versus the rest of the places in the area. The stadium, the outlet malls and restaurants are all easy to get to from this location. The rooms are clean and have all of your essentials. They accomodated my early check in request with no issue at all and were extremely flexible with my schedule. I will stay again for sure. ...Trev

2  Thank TVSilv
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so very much for your loyalty to Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands, and for taking time out of your schedule to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, and getting feedback like yours tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I am so glad that you were pleased with the service we provided, as well as the cleanliness of our hotel, as we take a great deal of pride in both.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Helpful Staff. Nice Room with a kitchen. I missed the breakfast buffett which was free. Room temparature was a slight problem. They accomodated my late checkout request. Has a dunkin, wendys, italian place and a subway near by(walkable). I would go again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write a review of your experience at Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands. I am so glad to read that you found our staff helpful. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was the worst night ever for me and my family. When we came for our reservation she didnt want to give us a double bed. She was so rude and discusting and actually harassed me when I asked her for the wifi password. It seemed it was a personal problem with just us. I told her that im going to corportate to complain on you and she says in exact words DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT! Unbeliviable I cant believe that people like that are hired to deal with guests. Her name was Deokee. It doesnt end there when I went to front desk I showed her the sign Free WIFI cause she wanted to charge me for wifi, she throws the sign towards me cause she was so angry. Got it all video taped on my cell phone. This is going to corporate for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ashk1146290
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Love the new rooms great beds counters tv most of all the high new matresses clean comfortable I will stay here again good location has new bbq grill in the back of hotel which is great for summer pet friendly love it because I have a dog all the homestead and extended stay hotels should look like this one

• Stayed: June 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Secaucus – Meadowlands. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our recent renovations were yet another example of this investment, and I am thrilled to know that you liked them so much.
It would, of course, be our pleasure to host you and your dog again in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.