“Perfect hotel”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed March 7, 2012

One of the best experiences I have had with a hotel. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful . Room was excellent no problems at all. As soon as I walked in to check in the receptionist was very friendly and quick to greet us. Would definetley stay again. Had questions about what was around the area to eat and an ample amount of advice and suggestions was provided. Would recommend to anyone who plans to travel to the secaucus- meadowlands area!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

The exterior, the staff, the view of the stadium, and the area was amazing. Will recommend to anyone reading this.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Jani5555
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

This place is excellent. The price is right!!! Clean and great staff. The best part is that New Jersey Transit to NYC is right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Very easy to commute to NYC
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank COSARICA84

Reviewed November 21, 2011

The USP of this extended Stay hotel is that the location is not amidst any great attraction or amenities and thus the price is reasonable compared to standards around NYC. There is a bus service which operates (from) right in front of the hotel and terminates at the NYC Bus Terminus. Quite a relief from changing over bus / trains and ferries to reach Manhattan from other budget places.

I was there on a month long business trip and liked the quaint atmosphere of the hotel especially the river that flows by in the backyard. There is also a Subway and a few utility shops near by (walking distance).

Please note that if you have missed the last bus from NYC to reach this hotel then you might have your taxi backup plans ready as there are quite a few cabs who would not want to come to this far in odd hours and the nearest train station is quite far away.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My wife and I spent a night here when we went to Times Square for New Years. We booked this hotel because of the price and location. It would have cost us much more if we got a hotel in NYC for New Years so we booked here. It was a pretty short train ride from this hotel to NYC. The area of the hotel is industrial so it isn't that nice on the eyes but there was places to eat and a movie theatre not far away. The hotel was average but clean which was important. No gym or pool but it had kitchenette since it's meant for extended stays. The staff was helpful to give directions on how to get to NYC and places to eat near by. If I need to go to NYC again I would use this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was working in NYC and had my parents stay there for 3 weeks. it was nice .. easy to commute and pleasent stay. Will recommend if you need a decent place near NYC

Room Tip: Good one for family and those who need to commute to NYC.. transit options are plenty
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank vivekjose
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I visited this place in Dec 09 - Feb 10 sadly the drop down is not allowing me to select that!

To start with - this was my first trip to US and I will suggest people like me to choose a more hospitable place. The idea of paying upfront before entering the rooms was not a very comfortable option to me especially when I booked for two long months. So let me put the pros and cons first:

Pros:
1. Some (just some) of the staff can be really helpful.
2. They can give you wonderful deals if you stay for a long time.
3. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel where you can catch buses to New York on weekdays.
4. The view of the river at the back of the hotel is fantastic.
5. There is a wine shop and Burger King awfully close by.

Cons:
1. Staff is mostly rude and impolite.
2. No ATM in walking distance - don't know how much it matters to you it did matter a lot to me.
3. Very far from the nearest Wal Mart which I needed to frequent for grocery supplies.
4. Pretty far from the city center.
5. You will get buses only in working days - on weekend and holidays its a 10 mins walk.
6. No option of a gym/exercise studio.

Despite of all these I loved the desolation and the walks to the bus stand or city centre. Some of the staff were really helpful whom I managed to talk/chat till my heart's content. Its definitely one of the cheapest places to stay and if saving money is your top priority - look no further.

Room Tip: Please book in advance and mention the duration you will be staying for the best deal.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business