“Business Meeting”

Bareli's Italian Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bareli's Italian Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Secaucus
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Plaza Center
Transit: One block away from public transportation.
Description: Bareli’s offers the most creative Italian / Continental Cuisine in New Jersey. The interior is plush with part of the dining area in a garden-like atrium with a greenhouse window. All the surroundings have an aura of subdued opulence. Our chef combines his culinary flair with award winning traditional and innovative creations, using only the finest ingredients from throughout the world. Our extensive wine list paired with our renowned dishes makes for a truly memorable evening. Our professional staff is happy to assist you with creating a menu to suit your taste and make your bridal or baby shower, special event or corporate function one to remember. Located on Route 3 East in Secaucus, NJ – just minutes from NYC and The Meadowlands.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had a business dinner at Bareli's. Good atmosphere and service. The service was exceptional and we were never left longer than a few minutes. I had the Rigatoni with sausage, it was very good. The apps were great, we had several to share, mussels, fired calamari, meatballs and Italian sausage. Easy to get to and overall good food.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Don't let the title fool you, I'd love to come here with my wife alone, but I put together a business dinner at Bareli's, and boy am I glad I did.

I booked for a party of 9 (there ended up being 10 of us). They put us in a lovely private room without being asked. Nice touch. The quiet surroundings made for good conversation over dinner....and thus, contributed to a successful event.

Service was impeccable, friendly, and timely.

The menu is chock full of the Italian staples you'd expect in this type of restaurant. After agonizing over all the choices, you get further confused by a plethora of specials. All seemed to be as delicious as they sounded.

The choices on the wine list are excellent, although we opted to drink by the glass. Personally, I was in a "beer mood" that night, and I was very pleased with the selection available in bottles and on tap (MAGIC HAT!). The wines by the glass seemed a tad expensive, but not outrageously so.

I'll be back, both for business and personal dining. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I highly recommend Bareli's! Yes, a traditional Italian restaurant in northern New Jersey doesn't always mean great food or service, but that's exactly what we had. Ian, the manager greeted us and showed us to our table, and Carlos, our waiter took exceptional good care of us. Three of us had the grilled swordfish that amazed each with flavor. Simply prepared and wood grilled, it was fantastic. One of us had the fish special for the night, monkfish francaise style with a lobster sauce.
The deserts were to die for as well. We ordered the tiramisu and zabaione to share. The zabaione was made table side.

All in all, a great meal, great service, and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Although about a 5 minute drive away from my office, we had avoided the "old" Bareli's like the plague because it was just that ... OLD! and a little sad and depressing. The food was just OK at prices that a good NYC restaurant would charge. When I saw the doors shut down last year, I thought Bareli's was a gonner for sure and wondered what would take its place. Instead, a new Bareli's has risen like a phoenix and we've been very happy with the results of the very extensive facelift it's undergone. I've attended several business lunches since the re-opening and all have been very positive experiences. The change in the interior decor have modernized and really brightended the place (gone is the piano which dwarfed the bar area) to make it super welcoming. There have also been some very welcome changes in management and staffing - everyone is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and attentive (but not overbearing). There is a fairly extensive wine menu at all price points, wine by the glass and a full bar for cocktails.

Now for the most important thing - THE FOOD! The new basic menu is smaller and better with several daily specials. Everything we've had has been fresh and wonderful. Today I ordered the smoked fish appetizer, which has become a bit of a favourite with my crowd, and the Pan Seared Day Boat Scallops Insolana. Both were delicious! I have had the whole Wood Grilled Bronzino in the past - also very, very good. I have my eye on the Spaghetti Chittara (slow braised Calamari & Scungiliwith shaved Bottarga) for my next visit!

The dessert options are very basic. I had the creme caramel which was good but would love to see something new and interesting on the menu. Perhaps a daily dessert special?

Bareli's is open for dinner only on Saturdays and closed on Sundays. Great for business lunches

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Had a business dinner for 10 on a Saturday night. From the minute we walked in until we left they were amazing! Such excellent service and efficiency. The food was outstanding! There was actually LUMP CRAB MEAT in the crab cakes! Portions are a bit small but we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will most definitely be going back again! We couldn't have been happier!