“Next time I come up from Texas I'm going to give Pino's a try.”
Review of Trattoria Da Pino - CLOSED

Trattoria Da Pino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Next time I come up from Texas I'm going to give Pino's a try.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My to go Italian place in Secaucus is Trillio's. The food is great and the family treats your like your family BUT I'm not shy to my ventures. Pino's is on my list!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Twovanessa

Ocean, NJ
“Easy to miss little gem, worth the wait”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Thank you, trip advisors, for helping us find this incredible restaurant. Wandering away from the annual Beatlefest at the Empire, we had a little trouble finding the light stuccoed sign, but once we stepped through the door we knew it was worth the effort. Homey, intimate, unassuming... the real miracle is the food and service. There were more specials than items on the menu, each a careful combination of classic ingredients. For couples or an adult party, they can fit maybe 20 tops. Personal cooking takes time, but this one is worth it.

• Visited April 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Like coming home”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Welcomed by the hostess, we felt like we had entered Pino's home. Brightly painted and cheery, we were provided with fresh made bruchetta before ordering. Yum. Asked if we had BYOB (no liquor license), they suggested a local liquor store for the wine. No corkage fee. The list of specials went on and on, so we stayed with those. Handmade rice balls in a pool of marinara for appetizers - a taste of childhood. Fresh mussels in wine and garlic. And the vegetarian ravioli, handmade, three kinds, with three kinds of sauce. We thought we were in heaven, or Little Italy, or even the real thing. The service couldn't be nicer - and you can watch Pino cooking! If you find yourself in Secaucus, heading to the Meadowlands, or on your way to NYC, look up this gem.

• Visited March 2013
Secaucus, New Jersey
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been going to Pino's since it opened up in my town several years ago. I have never had a bad experience here. Pino and his staff are very accommodating, whether you're going with a large party, or as a couple. Aside from what's on the menu, there are always many delicious options for the day's specials. Pino will cook your meal to your liking and you can even order a dish that's not on the menu because if he has the ingredients, he'll make it for you. If you call in advance esp. to reserve for a large party, he will ask what meals you want and will customize the menu accordingly. The staff is friendly, the food portions are large and delicious.

A couple of times my family and i have gone for a family style dinner. And we have told the staff to stop bringing out food because it's so abundant. They go overboard with the variety and types of dishes they offer. It's hard to say no more because everything is so good! So if you go for family style, don't eat anything the whole day because you certainly won't be lacking enough to eat.

I would recommend a reservation, especially on weekends, since the restaurant is small and cozy. It's also BYOB, which is wonderful, too. Because everything is made fresh, expect the food to take some time to be brought out. In the meantime, they will serve you some bruschetta and salad. So don't go here if you're in a rush, because this is a place where you'll want to enjoy the dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
new jersey
“Everything is made fresh!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A friend recommended this place to me so when my hubby and I tried it recently, we were glad we did! Very small restaurant, with not much seating but the food selection is wonderful. My husband is picky and didn't see what he thought he would order on the menu so we asked the waitress. The chef said he would make us anything we'd like!! Wow! Well, we weren't disappointed at all. The food was wonderful and we will def be back.

Visited October 2012