Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My son's 17th b'day was on August 6. All he wanted was to go to NYC. My husband and I decided that he's earned it. After running all of NYC we looked for a reasonably priced room. Yeah right! Good luck with that one. So we crossed into NJ and into Victor's care. We explained our situation and he found us a suite for us three at such a reasonable rate we were able to extend for and extra day, The name suits them to a T! Highly recommend. GONZALEZ FAMILY

• Stayed: August 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Please allow me to begin by wishing your son a belated happy birthday! I would also like to thank you for your review of Extended Stay America – Secaucus – New York City Area. I was so happy to hear that Victor had taken such good care of you, and I was thrilled to know that you were able to extend your stay (and the birthday celebration!) with us based on our rates. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. I will be sure to let Victor know just how successful he was in providing great service!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 months and I really recommend this hotel. Manager and some other staffs were very helpful. They arrange free trips to Walmart and Indian market once in a week.
When I was there, they were renovation was going on so we faced small small difficulties but it was adjustable. Now it seems like all done so everything should be ok. Now they have new 32" TV, bed, bath tub,stovetop etc. Other features includes small kitchen(no separation) with refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop, cooking utensils, Iron and ironing board etc.

Location of this hotel is very good, just 15min from New York, NJ Transit bus stop in front of this hotel. Shops like Wallmart, Sams, Kohls, BestBuy, Starbucks,Subway,Chillils, dd etc. are near and a lot of good restaurants also.

Some -ve points: WiFi is very slow. No complimentary breakfast but they said they will start it in this month.
I have stayed in some other hotels in Washington, Chicago, New jersey etc and I really liked this hotel compared to others and I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ArunVishnu
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America - Secaucus – New York City Area. My entire staff and I strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
I was quite happy to read that you were minimally inconvenienced by the work we recently completed on our hotel, and that you seem to like the changes we made. Most of all, I have to say I loved your closing comments: that you “really liked this hotel compared to others” and “really recommend this hotel”. This recommendation is truly the greatest compliment you could give us.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Me, my wife and my sister stayed there and it was fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They made us feel right at home. We stayed in one of the suits and it was very tidy, kitchen had everything you need for a stay. The location of of the hotel is quite conbentient too, you can catch a bus to NYC right outside the hotel and there are bunch of places to eat in the strip mall next to it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Secaucus – New York City Area. To have been described as “perfect” makes us quite proud. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I am very disapointed of this hotel. The location is perfect (2 bus station from NY) and the staff are very polite but this is it... They do not clean the room everyday and you must ask at the reception for clean towels. They are renovating but you can see this is old and it smells bad, good thing I always have Febreeze with me!!! Some people have their animals or smoke and the smell is all over the place. We could not even use the pool because they just renovated the area, it would have been nice to know it when I booked. I definitely do not recommend it. The air conitionning is very noisy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.
We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why we work hard to provide them with the exact service they expect. As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer scaled back housekeeping service. We also offer additional daily housekeeping service for a nominal charge. Functioning in this way allows us to provide all guests with the number of housekeeping services that best suits them. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us.
I am also very sorry that you were inconvenienced by the renovations going on during your time with us, in particular with our pool area. We have made effort to avoid disrupting our guests as we try to improve our hotel.
Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area, and that you will enjoy that stay more in our newly renovated facility.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Hi- I stayed in Homestead for around 18 days before I could move to my apartment. As I had to come to US on very short notice, I did not have time to search for many options for hotels in that area.

The locality is very nice, its safe and close to walmart and various restaurants - so you dont sleep hungry :)... If you are willing to travel to NY , then this place is good option for you as the bus stop is right across the street.

The manager/staff is very friendly and gives personal attention.

On the other side I feel that it is bit expensive, they should give better deal for the people who are staying for more than 10 days.

Everything else is just fine. I hope you will enjoy too.I would rate it "Excellent".....

Regards,

1  Thank Pranav M
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

First and foremost, thank you for staying with us as you transition to the US. I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus – Meadowlands, and for stating that your stay was “excellent”. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotel is not honest . I tried booking directly with website and it stated no vacancy. I then go to priceline and they have vacancy. I thought they had sold priceline a block of rooms so I decided to book it via priceline. Fast forward a couple of weeks while I am at the convention in the Meadowlands and I get a call from the hotel manager saying that he has no room avaiable because a "pipe" broke and it took out 20 rooms out of service. Yeah you cannot make this stuff up. I am offered a room at a location a mile away and I have no car to get to it. One of the reasons I booked with them was so that I could walk there in the middle of the night when the convention was over at 0200 in the morning on Saturday night. I see excellent reviews for this place but you have to get be able to get a room there to see for yourself. The hotel hedged its bet and did not tell Priceline that they had overbooked. I even called priceline and was told I was out of luck. So be warned when it comes to booking with priceline, especially when this place's website says it is booked and you find that priceline will sell you a room. Overall a non starter.

Room Tip: Book with them direct, do not use priceline or you might be looking for a place to spend the night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I can only apologize that we were unable to accommodate you at our facility. Occurrences such as yours are few and far between. In those unusual and regrettable instances, our policy is to find and pay for the first night's stay at a different hotel; however I understand that this is still a serious inconvenience.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Although they were in the middle of a little spring cleaning (major revovations), our area was very quiet and clean. We enjoyed the spacious rooms with a full size kitchette. 24 hour Walmart a few miles away. Left our car parked. The bus stop for the New York port authority is located just across the street. Buses run about every 20 minutes to and fro. (Bus # 320)
I had commented the beds could had been a little more comfortable and a Posterpedic Sealy truck pulls up. What service.

Room Tip: Check out the Museum of Natural History in NYC
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank twilightzone1617
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Secaucus – Meadowlands. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you, and especially from a guest who stayed with us during the renovation process. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future, minus, of course, the renovation part. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.