“Excellent connectivityto NYC, Welcoming Hotel staff”

Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
New York
“Excellent connectivityto NYC, Welcoming Hotel staff”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at Homestead Secaucus, New jersey for 22 days with my family when I moved to new york from india.
1.The hotel has excellent connectivity to new york to benefit people like me who work in new york

2.The hotel Manager Mr. Mash is extremely helpful. He helped us several times during our stay, his aim is to make the stay of all guests comfortable.

3.There is a wallmart trip and Indian market trip organized every week and Mr Mash gave personal attention to guide everyone to what is required by guests. I did not carry an universal adapter he helped me find one in market personally.

4.The hotel has recently renovated all rooms,Gym and lobby. These are Clean & new

5.The hotel staff helped us multiple times to guide several good restaurants in close proximity to this hotel like Chillis, Red lobster etc and also a theatre at walking distance. The bus stop to new york is located just outside the hotel door.

To summarize this hotel with kitchen net is excellent to stay either alone or with family for short or extended stay. Would love to come back and stay again at homestead secaucus. Many thanks to the Hotel Manager Mr Mash for making this memorable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel is ok, nice room, very well located to go to ny. However, the shower was not clean, very disappointing. You can find a better option for shure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel since it opened as a MainStay Suites by Choice Hotels. The property is being renovated and is nicer than the day it opened. There is a bus stop across the street to Manhattan and it is just one stop & $4 to Port Authority just west of Time Square on 42nd St.. I had a few minor service issues but the response from the General Manager was above and beyond anything that I expected. ESA knows how to treat their guests and assure that they have no reason to stay anywhere else in the NYC area!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

syracuse
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Whenever I have my car in NYC, I try to stay in Secaucus. Just over the Lincoln tunnel, it is easy access, and you get a nice and big room for much less than NYC. I have stayed previously at the Hiilton Garden Inn, which was great. This time, however, I had my son and his girlfriend, so we needed 2 beds and a sofabed. The Homestead rooms had this - they were roomy and clean. For some reason we had a handicap accessible room, which meant a walk-in shower, but it was no problem. The problem was there was nowhere in the shower to put your soap or shampoo. No ledge, dish, etc. Very awkward. Again, not a huge issue.

Beds were ok, carpet seemed new (they are renovating some of the hotel). Kitchen stuff was fine, except it might have been nice to have some condiments, like salt and pepper.

Big downside for the kids: when we got there, the pool was closed. They were looking forward to it, but, again, not a big deal, just a disappointment.

No breakfast, but there is coffee and juices in the lobby. In all, a very good price for the room we had, and since it fit our needs perfectly while others could not, I have no complaint!

Finally, I would be remiss if I left out how nice the girl at the front desk is, and the manager absolutely goes out of his way to be nice and see to your needs. There are also TONS of restaurants and a movie theatre within walking distance, plenty of parking, and a nice area to sit outside.

Room Tip: get a top floor room - reduces the noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

I am so sorry that your children were disappointed due to the fact that our pool was closed during your stay, and that the accessible room in which you stayed was slightly inconvenient, but I am very glad that the room did “fit your needs perfectly”.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Spent 4 weeks staying at this hotel and had a comfortable stay all through except for some minor hiccups due to renovation of the hotel.I found this place to have the best connectivity to New York city with a bus stop right across the hotel entrance and a bus service every 20 mins which takes you right upto Port Authority-Times Square in 15-20 mins.

Staff-Mash,Jennifer,George, (forgetting the other names :-)) are all very friendly and ready to extend all possible help when needed.Liked the concept for arranging free weekly trips to Walmart,Inidan Market) for basic shopping needs.

However for extended stay like facilities they should look at bringing in Non stick pans/pots instead of the regular utensils.Having bounty like kitchen towel in kitchen is another basic requirement for hotels with kitchen facility.

Overall great committed and friendly team with clean rooms and good house keeping.Will like to stay with them again in future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish a review of your stay at the Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.
I am sorry that your stay with us was not 100% satisfactory, particularly with regard to the “hiccups” you mentioned due to the renovations going on during your time with us. We are working to improve our hotel for all of our future guests, and trying extremely hard to minimize the impact those renovations have on our in-house guests.
It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future, when you might be able to enjoy our “new and improved” hotel. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I spend 2 weeks and half in this hotel and definetly was the best, the rooms are clean, very accessible, near of NYC, you have breakfast. The receptionists are very polite and friendly. One little thing that I didn't like was the old TV's they have on the rooms, but that's all.

1 Thank Vaal C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Vaal,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again (We are even upgrading our televisions in the meantime!). Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hi,

I am currently staying at this hotel and find it extremely good. This is my first stay at Extended Stay and was skeptical as the service is usually OK and I being a business traveller need some special care at the hotel as I am working most of the time and come up with special requests most of the time.

The staff is friendly and keeps the hotel clean. Mash (Manager of th hotel) is always smiing and willing to take care of the requests in a giffy. The hotel is currently under renovation and hopefully it will be much better the next time around. The gym and pool are good and was surprised to see them in good condition :)

Some suggestions that I have to improve the services to the next level - There is no music channel in the hotel, look at options to have extra kitchen utencils for long staying guests (e.g. non stick pans).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Secaucus - Meadowlands. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again so that we can show off our “new” property after the renovations are completed. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.