Rodeway Inn Meadowlands
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Residence Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)
View Hotel
All reviewstiny lobbybus stopnew yorkport authoritytwo blocksnice bathroombusy highwayhotel staffwould recommend this hotel to anyoneminute drivetimes squaredepending on trafficthe breakfast areaconvenient locationclean roomsvisiting nycmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Pluses: Generous room size. Room had unadvertised microwave and fridge. Complimentary breakfast is open until 10am every day. Flat screen TV. Free parking. Close to NYC. employees were helpful and friendly. Hotel is next to a very noisy highway. Our room faced away from the highway, but even so I was surprised I didn't hear it in the room.

Cons: Hotel is on a one way access road that can only be accessed from the highway, so to get to it you need to get on the highway heading in the right direction and get off onto the access road and then immediately get off. If you miss the hotel you have to go around and do it all over again. Because the speed on the access road is around 50 mph it feels like you're making a pit stop in a road race. The first time we went to the hotel we totally missed it and had to get back on the highway. We almost missed it the second time around too.

Breakfast area is very small and limited. Not many places to sit. Limited selection of food but did have juices, coffee and water to drink.

Hallways and breakfast areas aren't air conditioned or weren't when we were there and were very warm.

It could take a while to wait for the elevator so I elected to use the stairs a lot.

Beds were too soft and my back bothered me after the 2nd night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from the highway. Breakfast is served on the 4th floor so I would recommend against a room on that floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michele H
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just spent three nights over there. Clearly, it is a great place to stay while visiting NewYork. Room service daily, generous continental breakfast, clean room with shower and toilet. Best of all, you're at 500' from two bus stops (bus 190 and 122) that brings you at the corner of 42nd and 8th ave in less than thirty minutes for $3.20 per trip. Take the 122 at 8:30 and the 190 at night to get back. Best of all, your car remains quietly at the hotel's parking (free). I recommend this place warmly.
Daniel, Canada

Room Tip: The place may be hard to find even with a GPS. Look at a Google map before going.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Plain and simple. My wife and kids stood there. Everything was good until we woke up with bites everywhere. 1st we thought it was mosquitos. Little did we know one night woke up to them all over the headboard. AS SOON AS WE COMPLAINED INSTEAD OF MOVING OUR ROOM.THEY TOLD US TO LEAVE

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank anthonylamboy89
Reviewed August 3, 2013

i checked into this hotel last night and confirmed I was staying two nights with Jay the front desk clerk. One night was with choice points the other was a negotiated rate of $103.49 inclusive of tax. I was given a refurbished room with a Jacuzzi. When I returned to my hotel after a stressful day my key did not work. I went to the front desk and Jay tells me he needs another credit card and tells me the rate is $225. I said no way and the rate becomes $125. I told him that was not the confirmed rate. I went to my room pulled up the confirmation showing $103.49 and Jay tells me his manager changed my rate. He calls me back and says if I want the lower rate I have to change rooms. I am tired and had no patience for this crap. I PACK UP MY STUFF and go to the front desk and Jay wants to negotiate with me again. I told him I was paying $103.49 and not a penny more. Now the rate is $89 plus tax, If you want to get ripped off go to the Rodeway Inn Seacaucus. They have no clue as to what the word hospitality means. The rooms are nice, it is too bad the hotel staff is so dishonest and thinks experienced travelers don't mind getting ripped off. When Jay, told me he did not recall me staying two nights and tryed to negotiate a higher rate just frosts me. I would never return to a hotel run by dishonest people. When I asked to be connected to a manager I was given a run around and told managers were not available during my stay. Don't walk from this property drive by as fast as you can. I was so pissed off that I booked the remainder of my stay at the econo Lodge at a $60 rate. Perhaps I will find an honest person working at that hotel.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Skytamer
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Our motel room was clean..decent price, but if you have to travel to new york..cabs are very expensive...being from texas not use to the outrageous cab fares..but there is a bus stop around the corner if you dont mind mass transit...our room (#201) faces the highway which was extremely loud and noisy..to the point that it affected our nights of sleep..so if you wanna save some money in a room and dont mind the trek to new york...then this might be the place for you..jus be sure and request a room on the back side of the motel..you have been fore warned..

• Stayed: July 2013