“Good food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Secaucus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“Good food, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I are Italian, but we're not embarrassed to say that we absolutely love Olive Garden's food. The soup, the salad, the spinach artichoke dip, the Never Ending Bowl of Pasta, the chicken marsala, you name it, it's usually a delectable delight at the "OG."

But as good as the food is, the service is everything but good. Especially at the Olive Garden in Secaucus. We've been going to Olive Garden since we moved to New Jersey 5 years ago. I can't remember the last time our waitress greeted us at our table in a timely fashion. We often wait 10, 15, even 20 minutes before they even take our drink order! Completely unacceptable. When we order, my wife gets the same thing every time - penne pasta with butter. Not the butter sauce, just melted butter with penne. She's been ordering this for years at the same Olive Garden location, and for years they still can't figure it out. Either the waitress/waiter messes it up, or they have to ask a manager, or they argue with you that it should be butter sauce and not butter. Get it together people.

Also, make sure you ask for your check early, because often times they take forever to give it to you.

If the food wasn't good, we wouldn't return. But if you're looking for a quick Italian food fix on a lazy Sunday, it's worth the trip. Just make sure you allot extra time for slow service. It really is terrible.

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
“What a smell!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

As soon as I walked in I got hit with this stinky smell. Like a dirty mop. I dealt with it thinking it would go away. Well it didn't. The food was not good neither. I called the manager over and expressed my unhappiness with the quality of food and I then left after having the bill zeroed out. No returns for me!

1 Thank Kayskatering
North Bergen, New Jersey
“Excellent service and a filling lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Decided to go for an early lunch at this Olive Garden on a Monday. There was no wait, we were seated and our waiter Jacob was friendly and professional and took our drink order immediately. He brought our lunch quickly. The food was very good., Wonderful salad, warm bread sticksand extremely fresh and tasty meatball sandwiches. We ordered the half portion and it w,as satisfying, We did order the mini dessert and it was just enough! Jacob was attentive, knowlegable and quick to bring whatever we needed. The decor is bright and clean and you feel happy to be there. Parking lot is easy to enter and exit and the exterior looks inviting. i will return and I do know that sometimes for dinner there is a short wait , but this Olive Garden is worth the wait!

New Jersey
“They get worse & worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friends wanted something quick and we were all disappointed. The staff was friendly when we were greeted, but it took us a good 15 minutes to be waited on. I ordered a pizza and it was dry and hardly any sauce. the onions were minced and dry also. We never got our beers refiled with a 2nd round, so we just ordered water when the waiter finally came over. My friends did not like their meals and said they were dry with no sauce. The only thing decent was the salad. I should have made a bet with my friends. I told them we wre making the wrong choice of restaurant.

Visited July 2013
“Enjoyed visit so went again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent choice, reasonable price, excellent customer service and in an ideal spot. Went back a second time!

Visited August 2012