“They could care less”
Review of Desert Palm Inn

Desert Palm Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Seaside Park
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I checked in with my son, had asked for two full sized beds when I placed the reservation by phone, and was given a tiny room perfect for a solo traveler, but no more. (To be fair, the view rocked. 2nd flr., ocean) Anywho, had to swap, as my son is 22. One bed? He's a little old to sleep with Mommy. When I went to change rooms, of course, it was 10.00 more, with a dissertation by the desk man re:how he KNOWS that's what I asked for. blah, blah... Now, it's not the cash. It's that, one by one, the jersey shore family owned hotels of yesterday seem to be gone. There's no caring if guests leave wet towels all over, empty bottles, etc...or if the pool is overcrowded and dirty. I just don't see pride in ownership anymore. It's the bare minimum interior, with a few gnats in the bathroom, with that continual feeling as you lay in bed, "Wonder if I'm alone, or I have creepy crawly friends." There was food offered outside, but, it looked like a mosquito magnet, so I didn't go near it. For my money? I love being on the beach, but I think I'll walk the 4 blocks and go back to the, "White Pearl", on Sumner. Now THEY know all about customer service, and upkeep, not to mention I can understand what they are saying to me. Big plus. I would have to say the only hotel on the Beach in Seaside that's decent is, "The Charlroy". Bit strict, but clean, and no gnats, and a great pool.

• Stayed: August 2009

Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed at Inn this past weekend August 15th and really loved it. Room was icy cold (good a/c), comfortable and cute. Loved the new bathroom and balcony where we spent most our time at the Inn looking out at the ocean. Going back down to the Inn in September for 1 yr anniversary and we will be back next year and can hopefully get the same room. Pool was heated and Loved it also. Very Very nice..people who work there, other travelers and owner.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

i stayed in this motel with my family at the busiest time of this season. The facilities was very clean & comfortable. The total staff was very interested in our experience, helpful and pleasant. We really enjoyed during our stay. And also we enjoed their every morning breadfast and coffee.
The rates are also resonable, We will definitely coming back soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2009

the lock/key system on the door did not work properly. This incident occured twice within three days. We brought movies to watch for the rainy days and dvd didn't function properly and was not removed for a better one. We almost lost a dvd in the device due to the malfunction. "Free breakfast" as i will let you know is a plate of cookies and orange juice. Otherwise the location is walking distance to all attractions/entertainment.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I went on an overnight beach trip with some friends and we booked this hotel room before reading any reviews. We were skeptical after reading several extremely negative reviews, but we were PLEASANTLY SURPRISED when we arrived at the Desert Palm. Our room was clean, and believe me - we checked mattress and bathroom cleanliness thoroughly since we were so freaked out by the online reviews we read! The staff was very friendly. They directed us to a nice restaurant and made sure we knew about their breakfast which is served 830-1130. The heated pool was also clean and though the chairs were obviously not brand new, it was still a nice pool area. I assumed their rates would be higher since it is right on the beach/boardwalk. Also, it's one of the only hotels in seaside that will let you book a one night stay - other places have a two night minimum. We'll definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2009

location -great - parking -good service-good rooms - good pool -great clean&warm overall it was a good place to stay . the owner is doing work to make the place nice- clean&safe the pool everybody feels it should be open later at night- as most of them are in the area as long as everybody keeps piece-- they have the breakfest bar outside---its ok- with a little work it could be great. we have been coming here for six years &the owner has done alot of work on it year after year

Reviewed July 5, 2009

I really don't know what some of these people expect going to seaside, but this place is not bad at all! The staff was great, the rooms were clean, it is in a fantastic location! Sure, seaside is seaside, but overall you are paying for location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside Park
#5 of 7 in Seaside Park
Luna-Mar Motel
Luna-Mar Motel
#4 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Desert Palm Inn? Share your experiences!