“not fancy but clean. Good spot to stay”
Review of Desert Palm Inn

Desert Palm Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Seaside Park
Albany, New York area
“not fancy but clean. Good spot to stay”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here with a friend in early July 2011. The rooms were clean, no special amenities, but this is the Jersey shore, so you won't find many extras in the hotel rooms. The beds were clean. The odd thing was that they didn't make up the beds after the first night or give us new towels, so we had to make our own beds and re-use the towels the next day. However, we were pleasantly surprised with a nice free outdoor breakfast in the morning. Free beach passes and nice staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sha03

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Hartford, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was my second stay at the Desert Palm Inn, and I plan on going again next year. The staff is courteous and friendly. The location to the beach and boardwalk cannot be beat. Because this is located in Seaside Park (which is 100 feet away from Seaside Heights) the beach is much nicer. It's a more quiet atmosphere during the day so you can relax on the beach. But, you are within walking distance to boardwalk to enjoy the restaurants/bars at night.

In my rush to pack up and head to the beach on my last day at the motel I left my three favorite pairs of shoes in the room. When I got home (after a six hour drive) and unpacked I realized my error. I immediately called the motel and spoke with management. They shipped me my shoes the next day. I offered to provide a credit card number for the cost but they declined.

Great service! I'd recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jooks12
pa
Reviewed July 22, 2011

we come here every year we never had any problems -excellent service- excellent value very clean- nice&quite great view from the 2nd&3th floors nice breakfest bar each morning owner does upgrade work each year -doing a real great job -- we love coming here&we will be back as soon as we can

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sandfred
Rockland County, NY
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was our second year returning to The Desert Palm! You can not beat the location of this hotel! The rooms are more then adequate; remember you are at the Jersey Shore, not the Four Seasons! Staff and guests are all very friendly. There were many families (with kiddos) staying at the hotel when we were there, but there were still people hanging out and partying. All of the guests are respectful and courteous though. The heated pool is awesome, and a great way to relax after a full day at the beach/boardwalk! I would definitely recommend this hotel for people looking to enjoy the beach and the boardwalk, minus the “sleaze”side accommodations.

Room Tip: Get there early or they may run out of King Size bed rooms!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelQueen3333
New York
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayer here for one Saturday night and it couldn't have been nicer..Small sized room but who is ever in the room except to change. Guys at the front desk are really nice and accommodating. Price was right. If you think about it you are saving 50 dollars staying here. Free parking and two beach passes for both days. Nice small pool very clean and two BBQ's if you felt like staying in.will definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexsi23
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I would like to start of by saying, This is not a family hotel. I went there with a group of friends and so this was the kind of hotel I was looking for. If you are looking to be around young 20 somethings looking to part this is the place for you. If not, it is not very family friendly. There were people out at all times of night. Everyone was drunk most of the time blaring music and there were beer cans all over the balcony.

The rooms are also VERY small. I didn't spend much time in it though other then sleep so it wasn't a big deal.

The perk of this hotel is is has a great location. Very close to the boardwalk, beach, and clubs. I never drove the whole weekend we walked everything.

Long story short, it's a great place for partying young people like myself. It was exactly what i was looking for. All other travelers I would suggest staying away.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mibar4
wharton
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed there 2 nights. The room was immaculate, the staff was wonderful and the manager has a great attitude! I will definitely stay there from now on. Best hotel ever in Seaside!

Room Tip: all the rooms were clean and comfortable looking
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 7 in Seaside Park
Franklin Terrace Motel
Franklin Terrace Motel
#8 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Desert Palm Inn? Share your experiences!