Island Beach Motor Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Seaside Park
See available hotels
The Belvedere Motel(Seaside Park)
View Hotel
Windjammer Motor Inn(Seaside Park)
Luna-Mar Motel(Seaside Park)
View Hotel
Desert Palm Inn(Seaside Park)
Charlroy Motel(Seaside Park)
View Hotel
Seaside Best Rentals(Seaside Park)
View Hotel
Sea Garden Motel(Seaside Heights)
View Hotel
Sky View Manor Motel(Seaside Heights)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsstate parkoff seasonwalking distancebed was comfortableheated poolbring your ownrooms are cleanmotelbeachoceanfishermanratessandsummerkid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed for 4 days at the hotel 16Oct-20Oct, and loved every minute of it. I've been in the resort business worldwide, for 50 years, and although this is not a luxury resort, it certainly has world class, friendly staff, better than adequate guest facilities, great location, good restaurant/bar scene and fine fishing right out front. I don't know if it would be for us "in full season"( I can't think of any that would be), but it couldn't have been better for Fall fishing and partying with friends. I hope it makes it through "Sandy" OK, as we want to come back as soon as we can and as often as we can in the future shoulder and/or off-season.

Room Tip: If fishing, as close to the beach as possible in a drive-up room, although any room is more than fine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Rick K
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel has a great location, right on the beach away from the boardwalk and at the entrance to Island Beach State Park. The rooms need renovations. The beds are very old and the bathrooms are old blue tile. There is rust on the fans and radiators. I think if they would get new mattresses and renovate the bathrooms I would stay here again. The 1 1/2 room suites on the upper level aren't as bad but only have 1 old TV and the sofa bed is very uncomfortable. It does have a microwave, stove top, and refridgerator.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tjcat98
Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you are looking for new modern chain motel keep going. If you are looking for a typical shore motel this is the place. Right on the beach, in fact they have their own private beach aka own lifeguards and free beach pass. Beach is at the end of Seaside Park right before Island Beach State Park. Staff was very friendly and accommodating (allowed us to leave a 2nd car for a couple of days after we checked out). A couple of good restaurants, sandwich shops and breakfast places within walking distance. Restaurant on site is good but expensive. Efficiency unit was spacious and clean with basic kitchenette. Rooms were typically dated but clean. Only one air conditioner in the main room so we had to keep bedroom door open but bedroom did have a ceiling fan and we were comfortable. Bedding was serviceable not great.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice beach and location to dining make it worth the stay for family trip to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank JScarry
Reviewed July 21, 2012

my husband and i had a wedding to go to and rather then staying with friends we decided to stay here. my mother always stays here when visiting the beach and it was just what we needed. the location was great and growing up in seaside park it was nice to be back in town. the people were so nice and helpful with anything we needed. would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We just got back from our stay at the Island Beach Motor Lodge. The motel is located right on a very clean beach and it just is a short walk over the dunes to get there. Our room was a one room efficiency that had a mini kitchen (cooktop, microwave, fridge and sink)
Good Points: Very clean, great beach location that also had a variety of places to eat, very quiet location right at the gates of the state park, beautiful beach that wasn't too crowded, nice to have a small kitchen. For a small deposit they gave you beach passes. Parked right out front of our room, so it was very convenient.
Bad points: There wasn't anywhere to put anything, no hooks in bathroom to hang a robe. There was a very small rod with a few hangers, but I had to use one of the kitchen chairs to set my suitcase on. The mattress was very uncomfortable, by the 2nd night my sister's hip was really bothering her, I would also bring my own pillows next time, the ones they had were so thin.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and probably would go back, just don't expect the Ritz Carlton and maybe bring some pillows and an over the door hook for the bathroom!

Room Tip: If you don't want to carry things upstairs ask for a first floor room, if you would prefer to have a more private space to sit outside I would go with the 2nd floor to get a balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family