“AMAZING food and atmosphere”
Review of Chef Mike's ABG

Chef Mike's ABG
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Seaside Park
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "Bringing Sexy Food Back"Executive Chef Michael Jurusz Bio It’s been said that art is everywhere, except it has to pass through a creative mind. Following that credo to a culinary end, Executive Chef Mike Jurusz has channeled who he is, where he’s been and where he’s going onto the plates of thousands of satisfied customers in his 27 years in the industry - earning his rightful place as one of the most renowned chefs at the Jersey Shore and in the state. From his salad days at the Ocean County Vocational School to his appetizer courses that led to a degree from the acclaimed Johnson & Wales University, the Brick native was determined to create main courses that would both thrill and fill. His subsequent travels would take him all over the country, working for some of the most accomplished chefs and helping him refine a cuisine indigenous to himself which he likes to call Trans-Continental Fusion. Over the years, Chef Mike has transformed several New Jersey restaurants with his own inimitable style as a technician on a mission to serve up something memorable, winning numerous awards for innovative and whimsical dishes that perfectly weave the bold and the subtle, earning plenty of play on the air and in print with his charm and appeal, all while establishing a charitable reputation for delivering to those in need from behind the line. After a two-year absence, Chef Mike celebrates his return to the Atlantic Bar & Grill in South Seaside Park, where he created a gourmet destination well worthy of the trip - and the return. Now that he’s back, Chef Mike invites you to come experience the new ABG under his direction and convection - and to remind you that your plate will always be his canvas.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

You just can't go wrong here. Order 1 of everything :) Try to make reservations or get there a few minutes before the dinning room opens. This place gets packed, the food is just that good!

1  Thank cherylanb
There are newer reviews for Chef Mike's ABG

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We arrived for dinner on the Tuesday evening following Labor Day. The restaurant was busy but we were seated right away. A large basket contained two rolls and two breadsticks with a teaspoon-sized pat of butter for each of us. A choice of soup or salad came with the dinner and we both had the pasta fagioli (the server called it "fazool"). The soup was very watered down and practically tasteless with just a few cannoli beans and a few very small pieces of pancetta or bacon, I couldn't tell which. Our server did not offer grated cheese when the soup was served so I asked for cheese when he came by several minutes later. By the time he returned with the cheese my husband had finished his soup and I had almost finished mine. I ordered the crab cakes which were excellent with large chunks of crab with very little filler served over rice pilaf and fresh asparagus. My husband had the day scallops which were perfectly prepared and excellent. The portions were generous. We ordered a bottle of white wine which was properly chilled but the server brought us wine glasses that were warm having recently come out of the dishwasher. The noise level was so high that we could not carry on a conversation without shouting at each other. Our server was poorly trained and the service extended was not up to the standards one would expect with the high-priced menu. We live here at the shore and we will not return. Even following "Sandy," there are other restaurants with comparable food and with far better service and ambience. Sorry.

3  Thank Phyllis G
Reviewed August 23, 2013

During a recent visit to Chef Mike's I and my wife decided to have dinner at the bar I ordered a Johnny Walker red on the rocks discharge 8 dollars when I got the bill I saw that my second drink which was the same, I was charged $10 I brought this to the bartenders attention she advised that it was there standing policy to charge one dollar extra for a ice.!!

I was concerned ,so I wrote an email to Chef Mike he stated that this is their policy to charge extra for ice and concluded that 99% of all restaurants follow this procedure .He wrote that drinks on the rocks get more liquor.!!! If this is the case why state you are charging extra for ice.

The food is good, overpriced and when you add this nickel and dime policy it seems to dilute the overall experience

7  Thank Rich K
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

As we've been coming here for years food had gone down hill! We decided a new year chef mike was back let's give it a try! We did!!
Excellent food so worth the wait!!
We've been back three times in one week! Vacation I'm not cooking!!! Food so good!!ERIN

our waitress you are amazing!!!!!!

1  Thank AmieJo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went in on a Thursday, it was crowded (which is a good thing for many of the shore businesses so we did not mind). We had a cocktail at the bar and waited about 35 mins to be seated which was fine especially with the amazing table we got. We had a very private small table by the steps leading to the downstairs and it made the wait worth every second. Our food was great the menu was very accommodating to all tastes. The food is prepared with definite care and due diligence. The presentation is gourmet and everything tasted fantastic. The interior is decorated very nice and the atmosphere was nice. We both had the Filet and it was fantastic. The chopped salad is awesome I loved the way the plate looked, filling too. The Gen. Chow shrimp special came out with a pretty fantastic presentation (order it I dont wanna give it away) and tasted amazing. Overall this is a great night out, expect to wait a bit on busy nights (its worth it) the prices were what you would pay for any Fine Restaurant on the beach or mainland the plus was that the food and service made it worth every dime, (besides seeing a local shore business flourish after Sandy is good and I am glad we could help to contribute to hopefully the future success of this restaurant). We will definitely be back.