“Awesome Stay!!!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Seaside Park
New Jersey
“Awesome Stay!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went back and forth for 2 weeks about staying at this hotel after reading the negative reviews. So glad I decided to make up my own mind and book the room. We booked for 2 nights and on the morning of our check out we decided to stay another night. The hotel staff was nothing but nice and friendly!! The room was very clean!!! The pool was really nice. The ocean is right across the street which was the one main reason we stayed here. They have a little area upstairs with books, and toys that can be borrowed during your stay. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are already planning a weekend visit in Sept/Oct.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank kea9797

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there last week over the 4th of July holiday. We reserved a king-size corner room on the second floor.
This is a great place if you have children. It is directly across the street from the beach and caddy-corner to the beginning of the Seaside Heights boardwalk. If you want to go on vacation and drive, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! Especially on holiday weekends - we would have never been able to park anywhere near their - it was sooooo convenient.
Also, they have a very nice pool if you want to get away from the crowds of the beach and boards.
The room was very clean and the owner was terrific in taking care of a minor issue. The staff, especially the cleaning staff were amazing and I had a great time. I saw a lot of people complain about the cinder block walls, to that I say. "It's the Jersey Shore" most hotels have them - no big deal! Anyway, if you're looking for a nice ,clean hotel with a very accommodating staff and want the convenience of not driving.. then this is the place for you. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank joanncali
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

There were so many things wrong with my stay here, I don't even know where to begin. First of all,the sheets and blankets on the bed were stained, and I found a hair in the bed. I went to take a shower and the water temperature varied from ice cold to burning hot while I was in there. The toilet seat was stained and looked dirty. The TV kept turning off while I was trying to watch a movie, and he fridge wouldn't stay cold! On top of that, the power kept going out. This place was just dirty and made me feel uncomfortable. The only good part of this motel was it's close location to the beach. I would avoid this place if I were you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Nicole L

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Park hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here for Memorial Day weekend. I loved that they allowed pets. We are a family of 5, two adults and two children and 1 bulldog. The location is great, walking distance to the boardwalk, so no paying for parking! We got a room on the 2nd floor with a oceanview. It had 2 queen beds. The beds were comfortable for us, sheets and blanket were clean. We didn't use the bedspreads though, we would just fold them down. Bathroom was small but most importantly it was CLEAN. Water pressure was very good also. I hate a taking a shower where it feels like the water is just dripping on you. The room had a small fridge good enough to keep some bottles of water chilled. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool since the weather wasn't the best. On the second floor of the lobby area they had a mini library- it was bookshelves fill with books for kids and adults. They also had toys that kids could borrow during their stay. My kids borrowed the blocks, dominos, cars and some books. During our stay it was a mixed crowd, prom kids, 20 somethings, families, and older couples. They had security at night to make sure there were no evening disturbances. Overall it was a good stay and we would visit again.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank njmom70
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love this place! We have stayed there a few times and I can't wait to make my reservations for this summer! They are always very friendly and always accommodate my family. I have a child with disabilities and they have always been able to what was needed to make our stay great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank SusanH158
Pleasantville, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I spent a Sunday through Wednesday and had a wonderful time. The room was impeccably clean, and the employees were friendly, helpful and courteous. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was at night given the proximity of the boardwalk! I watched the sunrise from the balcony each morning that I was there. The beach was close and well maintained. Even the morning coffee was terrific. I've been going to the shore for years and this was my first visit to the Charlroy. I only wish I'd known about it earlier! I've already recommended it to friends and plan on returning next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Therese D
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went for the weekend with girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. We had a nice time for the most part, but when we came back from breakfast on Sunday, a couple of us went to the front desk to inquire about the 6 pm checkout mentioned on the website. It seems that Jake at the front desk was rather rude and said that the late checkout was for off season only. We mistakenly thought that checkout was at 12. It was 11:20. He told us it was 11 o'clock checkout and we had 5 minutes to get out of the room. There were no vacancies and he was shorthanded on housekeeping staff. Ok, that was fine. We packed our stuff quickly. When we returned the keys, his remark was “that took longer than 5 minutes.” He was also unprofessional to guests in front of us in line. I am coming back down in 3 weeks with friends…guess where I won’t be staying??? Oh, and by the way, when we left the beach at 6 pm, the Charlroy sign said “VACANCIES”. Imagine that. If Jake doesn’t like his job, there are plenty of people out there looking for one who would appreciate the opportunity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dawn Z
charlroy, Front Office Manager at Charlroy Motel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
A guest from the room came down before 10am for coffee & bagels and asked when our check-out was and if we were doing a 6pm checkout that night (the 6pm check-out is only offered in the Spring and Fall). The guest was told check-out was at 11am. I went to the room at 11:25am. Another guest came to the door and I asked if they were checking out today. She said check-out was at 12pm and that no one was waiting for the room. I explained again that check-out was at 11am and the housekeeping was waiting and the room was reserved for that night. They checked out of the room at 11:55am. --Jacob R.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside Park
#3 of 39 in Seaside Heights
Sunset Motel
Sunset Motel
#4 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Charlroy Motel? Share your experiences!