“I've reviewed this before........this one's better.”
Review of Capriccio Ristorante - CLOSED

Capriccio Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

While the service has improved dramatically, reservations are still meaningless. Ken.....the best thing you could do is tell folks you don't take reservations!!! Then people don't get pissed when they wait! And they will wait. We had a 7pm reservation and were seated at 8pm....HOWEVER....while we were waiting, they served us bread, oils and bruschetta. Vast improvement over last year!

Service has gotten considerably better, and the front end is now managed by a welcome addition; a very pleasant, outgoing young lady.

Foodwise, what can I say.....there's not a better meal in the neighborhood at these prices! Pastas are excellent, appetizers great...just an all around great experience.

Ken D, Owner at Capriccio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Hello Chef Ken Here, Yes you are correct we have improved across the board with the new set up in the kitchen and staff. About the reservations your right again... I believe that next year we will be taking reservations for parties of 6 or more, We have had a strong season and still continue to serve the freshest of produce seafood and homemade pasta at the shore. thanks again for all your support.. Chef Ken

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Finally, an amazing restaurant in SSP! This place has blown away my large family 2 weeks in a row. The food is consistently delicious, from pasta to seafood to steak, and the daily specials enhance the already fab menu. Also, BYO is just great. Just this past Saturday I had the filet mignon and lobster special (Mmmmm), and honestly cant remember the last time I had a meal this good. Both weekends we made a reservation on the early side, and did walk out to see a crowd waiting, so I can see where the back up could happen, but go early and that’s not an issue. One suggestion I would make is for specials to be written down on a menu (or chalkboard) so you don't need to ask the waiters multiple time "what was on that salmon dish?" Definitely try this place, you will not be sorry. Enjoy!

Thank you for the great review, as you know everything is prepared to order and takes some time. as far as the chalk board goes, I really want my server to take their time with the tables and give detail about each special. Please don't every feel like you can't ask for the specials to be reread. I do it all the time when I eat out. Thanks Again. Chef Ken

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food is always excellent... I do agree having a reservation doesn't count for much. But if your on vacation sitting outside with a glass of wine isn't too bad while you wait for your table. Be patient the food is worth the wait.
Enjoy!

Ken D, Owner at Capriccio Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thanks for the review, I do understand the delay in sitting. We are a seasonal restaurant and we take reservations on a priority seating. Meaning that you are first to sit ahead of walk ins and in large parties we try to save the table, but in some cases people arrive late and we give the table away it is a very short season and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have cause you. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you again.

Chef Ken Deiner