“Nice motel, great people”

Windjammer Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Seaside Park
Seaside Park, New Jersey
“Nice motel, great people”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for a week, had work in NJ. Clean room, great location and the staff and owners are Great People. I have been staying here for many years and it is always a pleasure. In the summer, this is the spot. Thanks

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bernardsville, New Jersey
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It is so refreshing to find a place like this that is still run by a real family and one that treats all of their guests as though they're a part of that family. The overall disposition is warm, welcoming and friendly. I'll expound on that in a moment, but first I'll review the facilites:
The Windjammer Motor Inn has everything you need for a Jersey Shore getaway. The rooms are clean and well maintained, with plenty of space. I especially like the efficiencies, which are outfitted with kitchenettes and separate living areas. Perfect for travelling with kids, or anyone in your party that likes to hit the pillow early.
Having an on-site pool is great too. Theirs is always crystal-clean, with plenty of deck chairs and chaises surrounding.
Just above the pool area is a lovely patio bar, with umbrella tables, palm trees and a friendly, accommodating staff. They offer a happy hour with free hors d'oeuvres each day and it's a great way to meet & hang out with other guests. The atmosphere there is laid back and easy-going; I'd dare say family-friendly too.
The restaurant, which serves breakfast and lunch, is spacious and inviting. While I found the lunch menu a bit limited, the breakfasts are terrific, with plenty of choices for every early-morning palate.
In addition to the pool, there's opportunity to keep kids occupied in the small arcarde area.
The beach is well within walking distance (about 1 block), as are restaurants and local businesses. Also, the Windjammer is in close proximity to fishing,crabbing and boating on the Barnegat Bay.
Now that I've extolled the virtues of the hotel itself, I feel compelled to elaborate on the DeFilippis family and how wonderful they truly are....
I've been bringing my disabled sister to the Windjammer every summer for several years now. She has Down's Syndrome and is fairly high-functionning, but requires supervision, as well as patience and kindness. I can't take my sister just anywhere; it must be a place that not only offers accessability, but also provides a thoughtful and compassionate environment. The DeFilippis family is ALWAYS kind to her, and even remember her each time we book.

On our last visit, my car broke down on the last evening of our stay. We were supposed to go to the boardwalk for Sawmill pizza, rides & games and were so disappointed when we couldn't go. Not only did the DeFilippis' accommodate us with another night (during high season, in the same room!), but they also hooked me up with their local mechanic to have my car repaired. Who does that??!! The Windjammer does, that's who! I was so overwhelmed by thier kindness that I actually got choked up. These folks really go above and beyond for their guests.
I highly reccommend this property; not only because it's a great Jersey Shore getaway spot, but also because the people who run it are wonderful human beings, which makes for an even more enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda07924
Seaside Park, New Jersey
Reviewed October 3, 2013

i live down the street from the motel but sometimes I like to get a room to get away from my family I live with them and its such a nice peaceful place to go I love the rooms they are so clean and nice.Joe is so nice he treats his customers so nice like family the windjammer is the only motel I will go to on the island and the prices are so reasonable

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jenp803
Prospect Park, New Jersey
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband, nephew and I stayed here last weekend and absolutely fell in love with the place! I've been to several places in the area and nothing compares! Nice area, nice clean rooms, beautiful pool, bar/restaurant on premises, free private beach passes (which is a mere block away) and the best thing... the staff! What wonderful people! We're going to be regulars at the Windjammer from now on. We can't wait for our next trip there!!

1 Thank carfish72
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a really friendly place just a VERY SHORT walk to the beach. The staff were great and really helpful. A real bargain considering the location, beach, restaurants and close to the bay and the pier. Nice pool area and good place to have a drink in the evening.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the outside of the hotel away from the pool- they offer the better views of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieLee28
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed twice for a week in August 2013. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The family run facility is friendly and efficient. Two minute walk to beach or bay. Southern exposure pool provides cool relief. Happy hour from 3-7 provides an indoor or outdoor place for cheap drinks and tasty treats for both guests and locals. Restaurant is open for breakfast & lunch. A deli, sub place, and liquor store are steps away. Enjoy the bright lights of the boardwalk but soak in the serenity of a subdued Seaside Park.

2 Thank 151richp
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a great time. It has a classic "sea/beach theme throughout" so it's not very modern but it has alot of heart and had everything we needed within 2 blocks just made the vacation easy and enjoyable. The owner Joe and his wife ( and all of the staff) were very nice and made our stay relaxing and we just had so much fun with our family and friends. Can't wait to go back again in a few weeks! We are already planning on going a few times for long weekends next summer!!!

Room Tip: Poolside ..is the best if you have kids to keep an eye on them ( and if the kids are older...2nd flo...
3 Thank Gavin F
#4 of 7 in Seaside Park
Desert Palm Inn
Desert Palm Inn
#7 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Windjammer Motor Inn? Share your experiences!