“Long Waits.”

Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Seaside Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bum Rogers, spanning five decades, has been a unique, specialty house restaurant and the communal, spirit-lifting watering hole of the indigenous and migrating young and young-at-heart.We, the Bum Rogers Family and staff, continue to be dedicated to the proposition that you came to this place to have a good time, eat heartily, and depart feeling better than before.
“Long Waits.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Don't get me wrong, I am a Jersey Girl and I don't mind waitng for a table, but I do mind waiting extra long for the food once it is ordered. The food was good, and abundant but two hours for appetizers and dinners to be served for three is too long to wait, after a 45 minute wait for a table. I cannot understand restaurants anymore, why they do not accept reservations, only for 5 or more, I will go back but after the summer season.

• Visited June 2014

“Lunch is not on the menu”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stopped by for lunch today only to find the lunch menu was the dinner menu.The prices have increased since my last visit. The lobster bisque was delicious, although the crab tasted as if it were canned. The crab cake was okay, I can make better. We were the only ones there for lunch.

Clinton, NJ
“Still a good shore meal”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I haven't been here in 15 years and was happy to feel the same vibe. Sunday live music was good. The catch of the day with scallops was cooked just right. Don't order steak at a seafood place - surf and turf was way overcooked and expensive.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Motel staff recommended this place & I was GLAD!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was in the mood for seafood & a beer.... desk clerk recommended going "over the bridge" to Bum Rogers. Lots of cars indicated a good choice from the outside. Inside, I sat at the bar because I was eating alone. People were friendly (I got an offer for free parking this weekend while visiting the shore from a local). Staff took their time getting my order (maybe because I was alone?)- but it was great once I got their attention! I had the steamed lobster, potatoes, corn & slaw (very little if any dressing on the slaw) which was an impressive choice! A great treat for this NC girl... along with an ice cold $3 Heinekin draft! YUM! I'll be back for more....

South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

When the kid approves it's worth it! Can't go wrong when an 8 yr old barrels through mussels and clams like crazy!

• Visited August 2013