“Motel staff recommended this place & I was GLAD!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bum Rogers
Ranked #9 of 32 Restaurants in Seaside Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bum Rogers, spanning five decades, has been a unique, specialty house restaurant and the communal, spirit-lifting watering hole of the indigenous and migrating young and young-at-heart.We, the Bum Rogers Family and staff, continue to be dedicated to the proposition that you came to this place to have a good time, eat heartily, and depart feeling better than before.
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Motel staff recommended this place & I was GLAD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was in the mood for seafood & a beer.... desk clerk recommended going "over the bridge" to Bum Rogers. Lots of cars indicated a good choice from the outside. Inside, I sat at the bar because I was eating alone. People were friendly (I got an offer for free parking this weekend while visiting the shore from a local). Staff took their time getting my order (maybe because I was alone?)- but it was great once I got their attention! I had the steamed lobster, potatoes, corn & slaw (very little if any dressing on the slaw) which was an impressive choice! A great treat for this NC girl... along with an ice cold $3 Heinekin draft! YUM! I'll be back for more....

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

When the kid approves it's worth it! Can't go wrong when an 8 yr old barrels through mussels and clams like crazy!

• Visited August 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“What a great change for an old favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is fabulous! The new chef is doing a great job with some fantastic dishes. Always have been a fan of Bums, but for a while the food was no that good. Now the changes that have been made are great. Definetely recommend trying it, you won't be disapointed...

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Robert D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“prejudice management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was appalled when I heard the night manager degrading his Bulgarian staff ! He was calling them stupid Bulgarians, and telling them that they didn't know anything .We left immediately and it kind of put a damper on the rest of the night. We ended up at the lil restaurant up the street and had a great meal.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bill M
Howard M, Owner at Bum Rogers, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I'm sorry you overheard such negative comments, and I hope they were heard out of context. We're very excited about the opportunity to host summer workers from Bulgaria this summer. While they recently just arrived and may still being referred to as 'the Bulgarians' as we learn their names better, there is no excuse for any derogatory terms. I, along with the two operating partners that are on site most of the time, will address this with the managers and staff and rectify it immediately.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Seaside Park, NJ
“New Owners Got the "Right Stuff"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

The old owner ran this place into the ground.They were serving bad food and the place was filthy.

These guys picked it up, dusted it off and began a task of erasing a poor reputation.

I started going back after, our contractor suggested, we should give it another try. I have to say, I was impressed with not just the food. But, with the attentivness of the the owners.

Jerry and Gary (the owners) are out in the dining room and bar area, always checking to make sure that thier patrons are enjoying themselves.

I have eaten there many times since returning in 2013 and the food has been delicious and consistent.

Beside many of the great dishes, I ordered the "Steamers" or as we fondly call them in Jersey "Piss Clams" and they were the best that I have had in more than 30 years!!!

Keep up the good work guys!

• Visited May 2014