“Average food, nice view”
Review of Berkeley Fish Market - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Newton, NJ
“Average food, nice view”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is upstairs. Windows all around, overlooking the dunes and island beach state park. My daughter had shrimp cocktail. She said it was very good but for 4 shrimp priced at $8.99 it should be. The kids spaghetti was good. The chicken fingers and French fries were also good, but they forgot the dipping sauce. When asked the waitress said they were making it fresh. Then she said it would take too long and handed us a pre-made package. Not bad, but not what we expected

• Visited July 2014

Flemington, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This was the only restaurant in the area with truly fresh seafood. We liked the upstairs section of the restaurant and the staff was friendly and attentive. My husband and son shared the king crab legs and filet mignon meal and devoured it in no time. Our family would recommend the restaurant to any vacationing families.

South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Fresh seafood”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Cold shrimp with their tasty cocktail sauce for an appetizer we had to go. Nice and fresh. Been getting their shrimp for years every time I visit Island Beach and it's always good!

Visited July 2014
Lakeland, Florida
“Saturday night dinner”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went to Berkeley for dinner with our son and his wife. The place is crowded with a few too many tables, but other than that I cant find any fault. I started out with Ipswitch clams for an appetizer and they were served hot... Then I had their seafood combination (broiled) which was also quite tasty. My wife had Maryland soft shell crabs and there was nothing left on the plate. The kids had the same as I did and again....nothing on the plate.
A nice evening and a very nice dinner.
PS. Went there for bloody mary's and egg sandwiches the next morning and that excellent also.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jjk1944
pa
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

So many aspects were disappointing. First was the room itself with so many tables for six making it very crowded, esp since most had only 2 to 4 diners @ each table. The staff did a great job navigating the maze between tables. Next was the 'free soup, salad, mussle bar'--you get what you pay for. Barely warm, chewy, sandy mussles; salty nothing special soup, pale iceberg lettuce, a few vegies & clumps of potato & mac salad. While the fish was actually tasty it was not as described on the menu, My Macadamia Encrusted Basa was a nice size piece of fish w/ breadcrumbs down the center & a few nut pieces sprinkled on top- not nearly 'encrusted'. My partner's Grouper w/ pineapple was actually just fruity sauce-no pineapple at all & could easily have come from a bottle. Poor value for the high prices charged. Will not go back.

Visited June 2014