“I think this is one of the better hotels in seaside, very family oriented.”

Metropole Motel & Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Metropole Motel & Apartments
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
New jersey
“I think this is one of the better hotels in seaside, very family oriented.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

This is a family friendly motel, my kids had a blast that weekend.the only thing wrong was that the pool wasn't open yet, well because it was april.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Johnnyboy2007

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!! It was beyond the worst experience. If you need to sleep outside it's better. They are scammers who try to steal kids money. They take a 75 dollars deposit and find something wrong to get you and steal it from you. I had to pay extra for 2 people. The internet said it was 25 per person and they charged double because they have a piece of paper that says it. Ok well, update your website then. Then they had a problem that one friend was 16. They care about that but they openly let you underage drink in there without a problem.

The rooms were hardwood floors that were full of sand. The sheets were very sandy. The room had blood stains on the pillow. The AC did NOT work and you had to fiddle around with the fuse box to get it going and when it did it didn't even work well. NOW THE WORST PART.

THERE WERE BUGS IN THE BEDS

LOOK AT THAT VIDEO!

So 8 or so little red bugs crawling in the beds. So I go out to the front and no one is there. They said they would be there for 24 hrs. Finally after 45 minutes someone answers when I call. I wait another 25 minutes. They tell me that there aren't bugs in their beds and is fighting that there are no way there are bugs there. Well, I have video and he looks at me like I'm lying. He said there is no way there are bugs. He acts like who cares. WELL A NORMAL PERSON WOULD CARE. So we have to take all our stuff at 3am and change rooms. We show him the video and laughs and says they aren't bed bugs. Who cares what kind of bugs they are, who wants to sleep with bugs in their bed. We change rooms and have to wake up at 10 am to check out. The room was extremely hot and no one go to sleep. The people running the desks were very rude and not helpful. When I left I had to wait 45 minutes to check out. Every person before me had their deposit taken away. They get to me and they try to tell me they didn't charge me for my extra people and they were stealing my deposit. The lady then said it should have been 25 per person, so the man did charge me double and steal from me. I had the yellow paper to prove I paid so she couldn't take it. If you have anyone you know that is not staying there go anywhere near the hotel be prepared to pay an extra 75 bucks even if they just visit for 5 minutes.

Overall this was the worst experience I ever had with anything. Pay an extra 50,100, even 200 and stay somewhere else and enjoy it because this place should be closed down.

• Liked — That I am out of there
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ELECTRICSMURFF

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2008

I've stayed here two summers in a row. I'll probably stay here again. The price is the best I could find for a hotel in Seaside Heights/ Jersey Shore. For weekends its $100 a night for one person ($25 extra for an extra person and so on) not including tax of course. Most hotels in this area require a 2 night minimum and unless you're going for prom weekend, this place does not.

Rooms: they are clean - not gorgeous but good luck finding a gorgeous place in seaside heights. There is a mini kitchen which i never used because i go to seaside heights once a year to eat all the junk food on the boardwalk, but it was good to have a fridge to keep my water bottle cold. Also you can park there which I guess would hopefully be with any hotel. Its a block from the boardwalk/beach and the front desk person is pretty friendly esp. since they have to deal with not the greatest company a lot of times.

Best thing - we stayed two nights this past year and the third day for a long time. I asked if I could keep my car parked in their lot since Seaside charges meter parking. They said sure, it was a Sunday which is a slower day as far as business goes. They may not be as excited to let me park there on a friday or saturday unless I'm staying over that night, but needless to say, it was a nice gesture.

All in all, this is the place I plan on staying every year for my once a year getaway to Seaside.

• Liked — Price, Location
  • Disliked — Decoration, Ambience - but i wasn't looking for that when i went there
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple